4.3

$28.00 on Lovely Skin
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

Highly effective and well- priced protective face cream, great for winter weather or to treat skin irritations. I've also used a similar product from La Roche Posay called Cicaplast, which I like to use after facial epilation or exfoliation. I've found Cicalfate has a more emollient and moisturising texture than Cicaplast, so I've been using it as a night cream over serum in the last few weeks. I wake up to smooth, moist and glowing skin. These creams contain copper and zinc oxide which can leave a white cast, so they're not always ideal for daywear unless you've got time to let it sink in. I went out in wet, cold and windy weather today with Cicalfate, Olay Complete SPF15 and some Mac Studio Fix powder on top. My skin looked good but also was well protected from the elements. Highly recommended if your skin needs some extra care during winter.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

4 months ago

I have a rash on my arms (heat rash). I bought this product at Cascavelle in Mauritius. It was recommended by the pharmacist as I have very sensitive skin. Imagine having a horrible rash on your arms just before the holidays kick in?? This product burned my skin! It looks like a chemical burn and this after I only applied it lightly for 2 days. Meaning it would've been worse if I hadn't discontinued it. Been in so much pain. Burning, itching, swollen arms. Stop telling people this product is meant for sensitive skin, cause it clearly isn't.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown

HairBrown

a year ago

This product is really good for if I'm experiencing any redness or irritation. I always have this in my skincare collection as it is the first product I reach for if my skin is ever compromised as it is gentle and soothes the areas that still need moisture. I highly recommend for those who experience any irritation or sensitivity,

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This product is the ONLY thing my skin could tolerate when I had dermatitis. It felt so soothing on my scaly, dry and itchy patches. I also found it took my skin half the time it usually does to recover when I would use this cream, it is SO worth it. However, I wouldn't recommend this cream as a moisturizer, mainly because it contains quite a bit of zinc so it can actually feel a little drying. I use this cream solely for - eczema, dermatitis flare ups and red/inflamed acne. It does a tremendous job clearing up my skin and reducing redness. Also I haven't had any breakouts using this, and I feel like it actually helped clear up my cystic acne. PROS - Great for dermatitis - Helps reduce redness - Can help with acne - especially cystic breakouts - Soothing CONS - VERY thick and leaves a white cast (again there's a lot of zinc in this bad boy) - Pretty expensive for such a small tube - Not very moisturizing - Packaging sucks

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I have extremely sensitive skin with eczema/ dermatitis. My skin goes between extremely oily to extremely dry. This cream is great, it does exactly what it says, it soothes, heals and keeps my face hyrated without making it oily or clogging my pores which a lot of mositurisers tend to do.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

1.0

a year ago

It clogged my pores! Thank u, next!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

I got this out of whim when it was on sale. After finishing the tube ... PROS - packaging is clean and simple - a little goes a long way (thick consistency) - softens and calms skin ( winter months are harsh) - reasonable price CONS - it increased my breakouts :(

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

a year ago

I have dry skin and I live in the cold Canadian weather. This cream is thick and moisturizing. I put it on at night only (too thick for daytime use). It is creamy, it spreads well, and it is unscented. I got it on sale for 12CAD$ for 40ml tube at the Shopper's. Highly recommend it if you are looking for a thick face cream that is not too oily (vs Nivea).

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I absolutely adore this product. I use it as a night cream and every morning without fail I wake up with the softest and smoothest face. I can feel this product has really penetrated and hydrated my skin from the inside which is quite rare. Usually with other creams they just feel like an extra coating on my skin but with this product it is not the case. The only reason why I didn't rate this the full 5 stars is because it leaves my skin looking very pale (kind of like how putting on lots of sunscreen on your face would look) and it looks quite greasy even if I just put a little bit on so I wouldn't put it on if I'm going out. However, I would much rather sacrifice looks if it meant I would have soft and hydrated skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Tan

2 years ago

I adore this cream. I have really dry, sensitive skin and this just seals everything in. It's a bit difficult to work with but once it's rubbed in I find it absorbs well. I don't find that it sits well under makeup so I only use at night but if you had the patience to let it fully absorb first I think it would be fine. The packaging is fine but after a while my tube got little splits in a few places. It didn't make it unusable, it was just a little messy. Will repurchase again and again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29