4.3

$28.00 on Violet Grey
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

I really love this for the winter. It saved my skin. My skin is sooo dry and flaky in the winter and I get red rashes on my neck because of the dryness especially from my acne treatments. After trying this for about a week, my skin had a beautiful texture. No more dryness! It has a thick consistency like cream cheese but if you warm it up in your fingers it helps with the application. It is a heavy cream that gives you a healthy glow and is best for those with drier skin. Wouldn't use in the summer though.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I love this product, total life saver with such reasonable price! Started using this because my derm suggested as a post benzoyl peroxide (witch can dry or even burn my oily acne prone and sensitive skin) and it helped soothe the irritation...but then i started using it to help heal acne scars (post extraction) and it was magic...let alone the miraculous efect on scabs or dry patches. Two months ago I was put on accurane and my skin changed completely, it became so dry i didnteven imagine. None of my hydrating creams would do (i used light formulas for oily skin). During the journey of finding the perfect hydrating cream, cicalfate saved my days. It doesnt clog the pores or cause acne, it leaves a baby soft feeling, scab and flake free. I always have a tube on my cabinet and would suggest this to all skin types!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

This product is amazing! I slather this all over my face and neck and it's incredibly nourishing and calming and helped a lot with my flakiness and irritation from BP use. It seems to help heal spots as well. I haven't noticed clogging with this and that's the best part IMO. It's very rich and seems heavy but works so well. I'm really glad I gave it a shot.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Calms my skin when too harsh acne treatments like benzol peroxide makes it red, dry and flaky.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

I'm on my 5th or 6th tube so far? I buy one every 10-12 days seeing I really slather this on everynight massaging it in for about 2,3 minutes, and during the day I use a tiny amount over my moisturiser. This seriously saved my under eye area, I had stupidly used neostrata's face and body AHA 10 and my eyes burned and became so lined and crepey, I completely freaked, after a few days of cicalfate, no problem at all and all smooth again. I bought this after reading Georgina Graham's -who is makeup artist- interview on Into the Gloss online and she says - " If I’ve been traveling a lot and my skin is a mess, then I will use Avène Cicalfate, which I get at Citipharma in Paris. Use this every night for five days and your skin will repair itself, no matter what you've done to it." She is so right, my skin looks amazing with this. Super supple and smooth. LOVE this. I purchase this for 7,50 euros in Greece at my local pharmacy.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

My combo-oily/sensitive skin often responds poorly to vitamin C, retinal and acids, but I need at least one of these on a regular basis to remain clear from blemishes and clogged pores. Zinc can be helpful for when I am suffering with flaking or peeling skin and I've had moderately good results with Avene products in the past, so I tried this after an AHA incident that turned me into a housebound freak-show. Since then, I use this cream on the worst of my occasional blemishes overnight, layered under my preferred spot treatment (Nelson's homeopathic acne gel or Medik8 beta-gel) and around my brows, between my eyes and on my nose if I am dehydrated. The heavy moisturizers in this make it wholly unsuitable for my complexion on a regular basis, and I agree with some of the other reviewers that the mineral oil in this product is unfortunate (and I would suspect unnecessary, though I am no expert). Because of my conservative use of this product, I have not broken out or had a negative reaction to it, but it does help speed the healing process, calm redness and inflammation, and prepare my red nose for tinted moisturizer when I simply *must* leave the house with a peeling mess of a face. Metal tubes are great for packaging in my opinion, but because this is used in such small quantities, the thin material of the tube split in several spots within a few months - I'd like to see this in more of a medicinal quality or thicker package like most ointments. Still, I think the price is fair, and having a reliable in-case-of-emergency cream settles the nerves a bit in the midst of a severe upset. Though I chose "yes", I might not buy this product again if I found a replacement zinc cream. Despite it's small size, I doubt I will use the entire tube before the expiration date and I hate to waste product unless I find an additional use for it.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

5 years ago

After months of extremely dry cracking skin on my foot I did some research and found out that a good barrier cream with the ingredient dimethicone is what I needed to start repairing my skin. It's been about 5 days and I have to say this product has me on the road to smooth, soft skin again. I don't know how my feet got so rough, sandpaper-like and dehydrated to the point of painful deep cracks that made it hard to walk but no matter, they are healing well thanks to Avene Cicalfate. A little pricey but totally worth it after seeing the result. I even used this on my son's eczema and his skin is smooth and nearly flawless now. It is not like diaper cream as some reviews suggest. It actually does absorb well even if it appears a little thick and greasy at first. I am thrilled to have an alternative to prescription steroid creams for my son's eczema, which is not ideal for prolonged use. I will definitely purchase this cream again!

About reviewer (950 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

fantastic. Nourishing, non-irritating, actively soothing, and not once gave me a blocked pore. I can use this interchangeably with rosehip oil as an intense moisture boost, and it does well with my very oily skin. Must for everyone.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

5 years ago

This is a very typical baby (diaper) cream, which works as an occlusive, not as a moisturizer. If babies get eczema or diaper rash, the occlusive cream (usually mineral oil-based) provides a barrier the bacteria can't get through. To be able to do this these creams don't get absorbed in the skin. In this case we're talking about an extremely greasy, thick, white cream. You can imagine how suitable it is for facial use on adults and especially under make-up. It is designed to be a wound-healing cream, so buy it only, if that's the purpose you want to use it for. It can also be helpful after laser treatments, over- exfoliation or retinol. But there are better and more versatile products in this category. La Roche Posay's Cicaplast has the same function, but it is cosmetically more elegant, I can imagine that people use it as a primer. The Baume version is good if you want moisture as well. Eucerin's Aquaphor is similar to Cicaplast, I recommend it over Cicalfate too.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This cream is a serious miracle for my sensitive acne-prone skin. It is a must-have for me! I began using Cicalfate to treat my chapped dry red sensitive skin during treatment with Accutane, and from there I discovered this product could work miracles for me, whenever my skin is fragile, red and extra-sensitive. It is really rich and thick, but easy to spread and will melt down with the heat of your skin. This is the only product that will make the burning and discomfort stop the moment I lay it on my face. I usually apply a fairly thin layer all over affected areas to sleep, and spot apply for day use. I recently treated a serious chemical burn with the help of Cicalfate (from hair removal cream), and it gave my skin comfort, moisture and helped it regen really fast, with no scarring. Oh, it has no fragrance or chemical smells. Tips about how I use it: I believe because it an oil-based cream, it will not add enough moisture if your skin is SUPER chapped and dry, just sit on top of it. So I always make a lotion mask with an hydrating alchool-free lotion before to pack my skin with moisture. Then I dry my face and apply Cicalfate right after. If I have open wounds, I will pile a little on top to make sure they are covered.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium