4.3

$28.00 on Violet Grey
Shop Now

Reviews

5 years ago

I have been using Cicalfate for years and I am very happy with it , I use it locally when I have some scars caused my acne or over my all face when my skin is very dry , to make it more easy to apply I mix it with some drops of bio oil or natural Argan oil. It works very well.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

5 years ago

This has the exact look and consistency of cream cheese. If you spread this on toast and serve it people are gonna eat it without questioning. Also, even though this is the thickest cream I have ever seen, it does not moisturize at all. It's very sticky and tacky. It also claims to reduce redness. I have very minor redness and this did not make it go away. And this has a lot of mineral oil in it and it broke me out. Terrible product. It literally did nothing except give me pimples.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

5 years ago

For some reason this cream caused skin discoloration for me. I am of Indian origin, and using it for a scar, the skin untouched by said scar turned purply-grey. I am not sure which ingredient in the product could be responsible.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlack

5 years ago

I always keep one tube of cicalfate cream on my shelf. It is like my miracle "8-hour Elizabeth Arden cream": an over-the-counter cream I use whenever I have a small wound or any irritation on my skin and want to accelerate healing. It is thick and white, but it sinks well after massaging. Packaging is great; you have small and large sizes. I'll repurchase.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

The Cicalfate Creme saved my skin. I have sensitive, dehydrated acne-prone skin. After a very long bout of adult acne straight after high school I was devastated with the scars left over. I have only realised just recently that my skin breaks out when there is not enough moisture and of course, I was using salicylic acid and strong drying products during that stage. I was browsing through reviews looking for something to buy (Priceline skincare sale 40% off) when I found this product and thanks to the good reviews, decided to buy it. Thank god I did. The cicaflate is a very thick white creme that is a little difficult to spread before it is warmed up. It soothes irritated skin - I layer this on areas with existing breakouts or scars and it is well moisturised and less red the next day. TLDR; Love it.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

This cream is pretty fantastic for when my skin is feeling particularly sensitive or aggravated in certain areas. I don't use this for my whole face but only to target certain areas. I first purchased this a few years back when I was getting eczema on my face which was really frustrating. I really didn't want anything with too many chemicals or fragrance because it wasn't making it better. I purchased this after doing a bit of research and it calmed my skin down a lot. As other reviewers have stated it is quite a heavy cream so I wouldn't recommend it for daily use for your whole face, but I feel like it calms my sensitive skin when it is having an outburst. I have since repurchased a few times and bring it out to use when I am having a bad reaction which isn't too often (either from allergies, eczema, cystic acne, extra dry skin during winter). I prefer not to use my other creams during this time because this is quite a restorative soothing cream and makes a big difference for me. I find that I can even use this cream on top of my foundation (not underneath) in the office when I feel like my skin is drying out so I am quite impressed. It is quite expensive given it is only a 40ml tube (even though it seems like the cheapest cream in the Avene range) but since I only use it when I am having a bad reaction from my skin I can justify it a bit more. Since I use it sparingly and only when necessary it does go quite a long way.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

3.0
from

5 years ago

I've repurchased this product so it does work. My rating is a 3.5. I use it when I get sunburnt when i'm in my country (tropical island) or when I get wind burnt when i'm in the UK, mostly on my nose, but around my eyebrows as well. It is definitely restorative and works quite quick. You can re-apply it if you need to, after 3-4 hours for intensive treatment but you really don't need that much because your skin semi-absorbs it and the rest sits on your skin. To be worn mostly at night or with a little dab on your nose before going out. Why a 3.5 and not a 4 or 5? It ruins your foundation (does not blend well with it) and it does not work well with my acne-prone skin. Indeed, I get more pimples and whiteheads from using this product, specially on the nose. I would say you get more whiteheads than pimples though. Still a good product and I would probably keep repurchasing, if not, try the Elizabeth Arden 8hour cream (although i'm not sure if that one would be better on my acne-prone skin). This is one of the better creams out there as far as acne-prone incidents goes. I get that pretty cheap where I live (tropical island) so the price is not a problem! Surprisingly it is more expensive in the UK, which is right next to france...

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I have allergies and my nose gets flaky easily so this cream has become my HG to treat my skin when is itchy and raw. This doesn't makes my skin burn at all as La Roche Posay Cicaplast does.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

My skin gets really dry in the winter and this product gives my skin the moisture it needs without breaking me out. It would probably be a little to heavy for the summer but for now it's great.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I want to like this cream so much! But Avene has disappointed me once again! I have acne prone skin and I have no need for moisture because my skin is never dry. I got this cream because I got a horrible burn on my abdomen and the on campus physician scared me to buying it. It didn't do anything to my scar and I ended up using it as a night moisturiser in the cold Canadian winters. It didn't break me out and I found it to be very smoothing after heavy acne treatments. But now I found a replacement that is lighter! Aloe Vera gel! So I will not buy again.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral