4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 7/17/2016 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love Epsom salts and have recently discovered a new way to enjoy them. I get eczema on my foot and when I use an Epsom salt and baby oil scrub, it dramatically improves and goes away entirely if I am diligent with using it every day. I will always keep a bag on hand for scrubs and baths.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A must have for after training and after marathons. It soothes and relieves mild aches and pain. Cheap.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So relaxing and always is a great night cap before I go to bed if I just had a really really long day. I kick back, light the candles, pour bubble bath full of epsom salt, and just sip on a glass on wine. If you want to chill at the end of the day, be sure to give this a try and it helps you sleep and makes you feel much more relaxed

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Seriously, can you go wrong with a big bath of bubbles and epsom salt....

I don't think so!! Magnesium is healthy for the body and most of us are deficient regardless so it is very healthy (on top of all of the stress relief that you experience from this)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

How can anyone not enjoy epsom salt baths!!! They are so comforting and actually healthy because most of us are deficient in magnesium!

This is a staple in my routine and my "HG" for relaxation lol (I could use a good massage too :)

I do love all of the benefits I get from epsom salt baths!
This is great to relax the body and also get a little bit of magnesium absorbed. A mineral we are all deficient in to a degree since it depletes so quickly. Highly recommend using Epsom salts in your beauty bath!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

There is a lot of hype around epsom salt baths and everyone I know swears by them for recovery. Honestly, it's soothing a little bit but I never actually feel or notice a real difference rather than using soap. I heat up the bath tub extremely hot and I still just don't see a huge difference. I get a little bloated and watery feeling after and don't love the way that it feels.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have generally low immunity and get sick all the time, especially now that my son is in day care, he's always bringing home viruses that I inevitably always catch.
I read online about an instant cold remedy that includes epsom salts, bicarb and a tablespoon of finely grated ginger in a really hot bath, soak for as long as you can (at least 20 minutes), drink a ton of water while you're in, then have a shower immediately after, and your cold will be gone by morning.
I had my doubts it would work because nothing else ever has for me, but I was absolutely blown away when I woke up the next morning after having felt like absolute death the night before and felt almost completely good again, except for a very slightly sniffly nose. By the next day the symptoms were completely gone. I was still skeptical though and figured I must have just had a 24 hour bug.
A few weeks later my son brought home yet another virus, so I did the bath again. Next morning, cold gone again. Good luck maybe?
A few weeks later he brought home another one, had the bath again, cold gone again.
These baths are amazing. Far better than any ionic humidifier, cold & flu tablet, flu injection or detox I have ever tried, by a long shot.
This stuff rocks.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Such a stable in my life! I don't think I will ever not have this in my house. I get so soar often from working out then a soothing bath after really helps me heal and feel a lot better.

I use about a cup into warm water, put bubbles in, and light some candles and am set up for a great night <3

Effectiveness: 10/10 You can't do anything possibly better to relax your body, heal yourself and relieve aches and pains. I love lighting a few candles, relaxing in the bathtub with epson salt, and just letting my body recover.

Popular Bath Treatments