4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

Vaseline isn't really a moisturiser, it's a barrier-forming occlusive that prevents water loss. Practically speaking, this means it does very little when applied over dry skin but is absolutely magical when put on wet skin. It stops water from evaporating so said water stays on your skin, plumping up fine lines and softening dry flakes. I use Vaseline in this manner (over wet skin) for my face, body, feet, hands, lips, and elbows and it works beautifully. In the five years I've used it, it's never irritated my skin or made me break out. A pot lasts forever too, and costs less than a coffee. How many products can you say all that about?!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

1.0

4 months ago

Completely messed up my skin. Now, I normally would never use vaseline on my face but I recently had a microneedling treatment and my skin was feeling scabby the next day. So I figured I would put a thin layer of this to help soften things. Worst decision ever. The very next day my face was covered in pimples. Not sure why this is rated as 0 on the comedogenic scale. This definitely causes acne.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

A container of this will last you for over one year! Life saver for dry skin!!! I recommend it for dry eyelids, dry skin , and lips!!!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Always have a jar in my house. As my skin is extremely sensitive acne prone I've never even tried to use it on my face. This is a wonderful product for dry cuticles, feet and hands. It's very moisturizing and the effect is longlasting. Also extremely budget-friendly.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

Gives me the most horrible breakout. Would never use this again

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a year ago

There are so many great uses for Vaseline! I love it for my lips, removing eye makeup, putting in my face after I cleanse & using a round cotton pad with water to swipe away extra mu & to add an extra layer of moisture on my skin. Apply over moisturizer to seal moisture in. Can apply nightly to hands & feet. ETC! I love this!

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

A total surprise! My face was getting bumps that would not go away, and dryness that would cause a faint stinging midday, even with moisturizers and a moisturizing foundation. My endo suggested using a bit of this during the day, and slathering it on at night. Wow! Same routine—cleanse, glycerine/water spray, the Ordinary’s .5 retinoid with squalane, followed by vitamin C and this. The bumps are either going or gone, pores seem smaller, my skin is plump and smooth. A super-inexpensive regimen that’s done wonders for my skin!

About reviewer (142 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

2 years ago

This been a staple in my home for years. For me being out of this is for me like being out of milk. I use it for everything, dry ,chaped,to keep my eyebrows in check & to put on my feet under socks to sleep & prep my cuticals before I do my manicure. It's a must have!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I always find myself reaching out to this trusty tub during my dry skin seasons. Contrary to popular belief, it does not clog pores. The petroleum molecules are too big to clog tiny human pores! Yes it does not moisturise, but using oils alone dries out my skin as well. Did some further research and found that oils do not penetrate into the deeper layers of our skin, hyaluronic acid does, though. Anyway, I use this to seal in the oils and serums I use before I go to bed on the dry parts of my skin. A little goes a loooong way and it’s so multi purpose!!!

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

2 years ago

This is not a product I will typically go for, but the raving reviews made me curious. I don't like it. - It has a faint garage scent. The smell that you sense when you bring your car for repair; - It feels like a lubricant that used in bearings and other moving parts of machinery to keep them functioning properly and also rust-free; - it doesn't moisturize, it seals whatever is underneath. Don't use it over anything that you know may cause an allergic reaction to your skin; - I've used it on my heels alone (my skin is slightly dry there) and haven't seen any improvement; - it takes forever or should I say - it never absorbs. It's nice to use it over the medicine that healing some cuts/burns, so the damaged skin doesn't stick to the bandage. I would give it 5 star for that purpose but as a beauty product, it's nothing.

About reviewer (665 reviews)

Age36-43