4.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

You can't beat this lotion for the quality and price--just a dollar at the Dollar Store. It does exactly what it says it will do. I have dry skin and this works for me. I often use coconut or almond oil because I don't like a lot of chemicals on my skin, but they don't work as well as this lotion. (my grandmother died at 99 having used Lubriderm and Ponds Cold Cream all her life) It has a rose scent when dispensed, but after rubbing into my skin it has an almost imperceptible sandalwood scent. Surprisingly the added scents of sandalwood, rose, and vanilla are all natural--I love that as I can't stand artificial scents and I don't want anything that is too scented; actually I thought this was unscented when I first started using it, since the scent is so subtle.

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 months ago

Upstate New York here in the throes of winter. Myelbows, always covered, are the bad bits this year. They became so dry and starting to crack that if they rubbed wrong in the sleeve of my softest sweater it would hurt. Aquaphor at night wasn't working like it usually did so I asked my mom what she uses on my dad's feet. Sounds strange right? Dad is a diabetic with a history of foot callouses and other diabetic related complications so keeping his feet moisturized and free of callouses and blisters is super important. He's also elderly at 74 with mobility issues so whatever Mom used on his feet also wasn't greasy. She said Dermasil and happened to have six or seven dozen tubes on hand. "That is a lot of tubes." I said. "I get a lot every time I go to the dollar store." "Dollar store?" "Yes, you know, the place I regularly spend your inheritance at. Dad's podiatrist says his feet are remarkably soft and supple. Here, take a tube." So I did. Mom, like almost every other single time in my life, was right. Elbows immediately felt better, i didn't notice a smell. Absorbed quickly and after a week of use in the morning and night, you'd never know i had elbow issues. Would I buy again? Oh yeah. For a buck and it works? Of course.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 months ago

This a really good lotion! It is moisturizing and does the job and you can’t beat the price for just a dollar. The only drawback is the smell. It smells like plastic. If you can get past that and cover it with body spray or something then it is all good!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

HOLY BLEEP!!! THIS SERIOUSLY WORKS! I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING!!! I'm 42, live in California & feel like my skin is going thru a mid-life crisis! My skin is suffering from ashy, DRY, FLAKEY skin that is SUPER embarrassing! I'm guessing it's eczema, dermatitis or rosacea. I tried body butter, creams, aloe, Aveeno, Dial masala oil, 24 hour moisturizers from bath & body, cereve, DANG! Thank God I held onto my receipts! So, today I bought Dermasil from THE DOLLAR TREE 4 YES, $1 & O-M-G!!! IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY! PEOPLE! ONE DOLLAR! I use Dove deep moisturizing body wash and then lather on the dermasil. It's not greasy or smelly. In fact there's no smell. It does leave your hands feeling greasy after applying but just wash them and you're good. I could sell the s*** out of this stuff!

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I would definitely recommend it for very dry skin. It saved my peeling skin

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

3 years ago

I love Dermasil lotion it smells great good for your skin. I only paid $1 at the dollar Tree????????

SkinVery Dry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

Amazing lotion for winter!!! Would like it more if it didn't smell like glue but it is very moisturizing. Sinks in fast and isn't greasy.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I bought this lotion today at a dollar store for - you guessed it $1.....and so far I LOVE it...my hands have had a weird irritation on them for a while....this seems to be not irritating them. If I can use on my face as others say I will try that too. I will also stock up on this cream. I got the one in a tube that smells faintly like rose....It's great!!

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I got this gem for $2 from dollar general & a gem it is! It smells faintly of rose & sandalwood 2 scents I love. I could use this instead is my beloved yellow Clinique potion lotion (dramatically different moisturizing gel) in the winter, it works well under MU & it doesn't give me blemishes. The Dimethicone is so great. I normally use VS or B&BW lotions but this is awesome!! Will rebuy forever. #awesome #winning

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

i came across this one day while in the dollar store. i like keeping a no frills lotion on hand, so i thought this would be perfect. once i got home, i really read the label and discovered that it did more than i bargained for. fast forward maybe six months after purchasing. it was the middle of winter and i had a small patch of dry skin on my chin that was really uncomfortable. the skin was tight and itchy and had broken out in tiny bumps. out of desperation, i turned to this lotion. i used a small amount on the area after washing with cetaphil. i was elated to find that this lotion soothed my skin! ever since then, i keep a bottle on hand. for one dollar - you can't beat it and i'd suggest it to anyone. i also believe they have a sensitive skin version as well.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan