3.7

$24.00 on Lookfantastic
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

This isn't a miracle cleanser by no means. But it really is a no nonsense cleanser, which won't cause my atopic exzema to flare up or cause any breaks outs. It's very gentle and I've never had a bad reaction to this product. And I promise I have very reactive skin, even to the most sensitive ingredients. This isn't particularly brilliant at removing stubborn makeup. But I wear very light makeup so it does the trick. I really do love this and I would recommend anyone to try it and see how you get on :)

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

It’s a great cleanser if you have sensitive skin. It’s gentle, and not drying. I use micellar water prior to cleansing because it won’t remove makeup, but it’s good for a basic cleanse.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0
frombobsy

2 years ago

I really wanted this to work for me as I’m struggling to find a cleanser for my dry, sensitive skin. Pros: unscented. Cons: very drying and after a few days this led to irritation and burning and a rash, doesn’t dissolve makeup to any degree. I think this would work for someone who had sensitive, non-dry skin who didn’t want it to remove makeup/happy to double cleanse. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This product was recommended to me by my dermatologist. It works well for my skin, which is very sensitive. I has not caused my eczema or rosacea to flare up. The skin on my face is mostly dry but I am prone to getting pimples on my chin area. This product seems to do a better job at controlling the oil as compared to other products (such as Cetaphil) that are commonly recommended by dermatologists. I like the way it leaves my skin feeling clean and does not leave a film or residue. Although there are cheaper products on the market, there are also far more expensive products, so I feel the price of this product is reasonable.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

this is a good cleanser. highly recommended for those who have rosacea and hypersensitive skin. it is super gentle and will take off every trace of dirt on face. good for your first cleanse then followup with a strong cleanser for double cleansing. i wouldn't recommend this for taking off makeup. here's my in depth review https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/07/avene-extremely-gentle-cleanser-lotion.html

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlack

2.0

2 years ago

This is the only cleanser I have used where I need a cleanser to remove the cleanser. It does not irritate but it doesn't do anything else either. I will stick with my trusty Neutrogena Hypoallergenic Cleanser. Works first time every time and does not irritate my skin. This one did not irritate my skin but boy did it irritate ME!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I have tried EVERYTHING - Clinique, Kiehl’s, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Philosophy, Neutrogena, Origins, Mario Badescu, La Roche-Posay, Nuxe, Vichy, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Murad, Aesop, Dermalogica, Cetaphil… all product lines, from liquid, milk, oil and bar cleansers… wasted SO much $$$… everything seemed to break me out and irritate my super sensitive, combination skin. This is the only cleanser that my skin can tolerate. Cleans extremely well without stripping or drying my skin out. It even takes off makeup (however, I use an eye makeup remover). I prefer to apply on damp skin and wash off with water. Followed with Avene Thermal Spray my skin is just soft, soothed and glowing. Super love! UPDATE: This broke me out, too. :( I now use La Roche Posay Micellar Water Gel which works WONDERS.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

fromZorel

3 years ago

I'm currently on my second bottle. It was very hard for me to find a good cleanser that my skin could tolerate. So far so good with that one. I was struggling to find a cleanser that would NOT irritate my skin and that would not trigger my rosacea skin. I can use this morning and night, it's soothing, it leaves my skin fresh afterwards and never irritates problem areas of my face. I either use it with a wet cotton ball or rinse it off in the shower. 1 bottle will last you quite a long time. However, it is not the MOST efficient make up remover and it comes to foundation. I can also use it without any problem on my eyelids (with a cotton ball). No more eye burning! So if you are looking into a extremely gentle cleanser, this is a very good product. I forgot to mention - this product has NO FRAGRANCE. Thank god. You don't want any perfumes/fragrances in your products if you have intolerant skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

Due to my usage of tretenoin, my skin becomes sensitive. Harsh cleansers breaks me out. This is the only one that saved me. It's very gentle; now pimple is a thing of the past. Though, this does not cleanse well when I'm wearing heavy make up. I suggest a double cleanse if that's the case.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

3 years ago

I have repurchased this several times and use it twice daily. It is so gentle, doesn't irritate my mild rosacea OR MAKE ME BREAKOUT. But, the biggest plus for me is that it doesn't leave a film - unlike the La Roche Toleriane Dermo Cleanser or the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser (both lotion cleansers similar in price). I tend to buy when it's on sale, paying €9 ish for a 200ml bottle. I find that using so many actives in my serums and treatments, that my skin thanks me for a gentle cleanser.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral