3.7

$24.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

3 years ago

Lovely milky cleanser which I use occasionally when removing makeup from a night out. i apply generously and remove using cotton wool pads, gentle enough to use round my eyes too. Its very effective removing makeup but does leave a residue which is easily removed when using my toner, I like elemis apricot toner.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

3 years ago

The only reason I give this product 4 stars is because of how gentle the cleanser is, it has no ingredients which irritate my rosacea which is hard to find as most cleansers make my skin flare up. It's a nice texture and makes your skin feel smooth, however, I do feel as though I have to use baby wipes to get my make up off beforehand as the cleanser on its own simply isn't enough to wipe all make up off and it isn't great for cleaning eye make up. I wouldn't buy again only because it's quite expensive for what it is and I'd like to try other brands and see what works best for my skin. I would only purchase this if you have very very sensitive skin like me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive

HairBlond

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

To start off, my skin is not very easy to work with: sensitive, oily combination. My main concern is clogged pores / large visible pores. I don't have bad skin but it can definitely be improved on. This is currently my HG cleanser. I've gone through about 10 of these. I use it in the following manner: pour about a 50pence size onto my palm, gently massage it onto my face, clean it off using a cotton pad. I follow it up with my Caudelie grape water mist and my CeRaVe PM moisturizer. Pros: As the name suggests, it is extremely gentle for my skin No tacky fragrance Leaves the face feeling clean, not dry Soothes my redness Relieves any irritation Cons: The price (i know this is pretty cheap compared to other cosmetics but imagine a bottle a month... it adds up) Packaging (I'd love a pump instead of this odd 'squeeze the bottle' packaging) May dry you out (if you have really dry skin, I'd give this a pass) Not wonderful as a makeup remover Personally, every time I try out new products and they don't work out for me or cause a breakout.. I come back to this cleanser to return my skin to its original state. Since I have sensitive skin, at the end of the day, due to the horrid weather here (insanely hot and humid with pollution) my skin feels very warm and irritated. When I use this cleanser on my skin it literally feels like a breathe of air after being underwater for months. It's so soothing, gentle and just a pleasure. However, this is NOT the product for removing makeup. It's expensive and it's such a waste of product to remove makeup using this cleanser. I currently use Bioderma's sensibio H2O to remove makeup then follow it up with this cleanser. It has a much more sensible price ;) and gets the job done better. I did not read reviews before purchasing this product so I'm actually surprised at the number of mixed reviews this has. I definitely recommend this for oily combination skin types. I also strongly encourage users to not use this as a makeup remover but as a daily cleanser. Finally, I also recommend this cleanser if you wish to clear up anything from your skincare escapade.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

2.0
from

3 years ago

This only works if you are not the type of person who wears make up wether a little or too much. And you still need to use a toner afterward to make sure that what so ever dirt is removed so you don't end up with clog pores and pimples. People with extremely sensitive skin I suggest using la roch posay (lipikar) it is soap free. My dermatologist prescribed this for me when skin was going through a rough time. It cleans well and doesn't irritate.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

I have incredibly sensitive skin, most products leave me with allergic reactions and dermatitis, which means I usually have to resort back to Cetaphil - which doesn't clean my skin properly and leads to acne. Avene Extrememly Gently Cleanser is the best thing I've tried, zero reactions, cleanses properly, doesn't strip my skin of natural oils and leaves it feeling clean, soft, hydrated and non irritated. Highly recommend for people with problem, allergy prone skin. Will never use anything else now.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

4 years ago

Have used this for about 6 weeks now and only just realised that this has aggravated my skin and caused tiny little bumps under my skin I thought it may have been something else I was using but I'm sure that this the cause!!! Rather upset as I thought this would help my very sensitive breakout prone skin :( :( :(

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0

4 years ago

This cleanser is advertised as being able to remove make up but it doesn't. Unless you are happy to go for 10 rounds of cleansing. It also says it doesn't require rinsing, yet it leaves an occlusive film. I tried using it after make up removal but even after rinsing it well, it would still leave an occlusive film. Eventually, it caused me to breakout. It did feel comforting, but I believe this product is unsuitable for me. Having combination skin, I need something that rinses clean. It should be marketed for dry skin, in my opinion.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

I seem to be allergic to something in this cleanser as I get red itchy bumps on my face when I use this. My skin isn't uber sensitive, but it is definitely reacting to something in this "extremely gentle" cleanser.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

Consistency is similar to cetaphil but has a lighter texture. Does not foam and has a light stinging effect on my rosacea. After cleansing for a whole month with this, does not reduce sensitivity nor seem to cleanse well enough. You can get cetaphil at a lower price point which works about the same.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

5 years ago

I really wanted to like this product because everything with it sounds so nice but unfortunately this is not good for my skin. I have very sensitive combination skin, prone for dryness and prone for clogged pores and pimples. So i need something that balances my skin and also is good for sensitivity but this cleanser make me so dry and it stings.. It's a bummer. I don't want to use water when i remove my makeup because water makes me even more dry. So what i do is that i massage the cleanser all over my face (not the eye-area, i use another cleanser for my eye-makeup) and take a dry cottonpad and wipe it of, i do this twice and with the second cleanse i carefully massage my face to get rid of all makeup. This works fine, it's not the most effective cleanser. Everything feels good but after a minute or so my face starts to become really dry and flakey... I really like Avene and my skin also like Avene but not this cleanser, fortunately they have a lot more cleanser that i can try for my very difficult skin!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool