CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/15/2018 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product gave me a terrible contact dermatitis. It contains potentially harmful irritants when used on or around eyes and skin.
Returning.
No I do not recommend this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This unassuming balm does an impressive job removing even stubborn waterproof make up. It is gentle and effectively dissolves make up. Any remaining specks or make up can then be easily wiped off with a warm, wet wash cloth. My fave is left perfectly clean.

The cons - it’s a little firmer than I would like. Although it does melt quickly, for the first few seconds it’s chunky enough that a clump could fall off your face and in the drain. It’s also expensive considering how much you need to use to get the job done (about a teaspoon and a half). Lastly, you wouldn’t expect this with a greasy cleansing balm but for me it’s actually a little drying.

Il fait littéralement fondre votre maquillage, il enlève tout, peu importe qu'il soit 24h ou imperméable.
C'est si doux, nettoyant, hydratant et tout simplement fantastique, mais un peu va un long chemin, il dure pour toujours.
Une autre bonne chose est l'emballage, pas de déversements et la perfection pour voyager.

on 10/4/2018 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. It's okay? I don't feel like it does the greatest job getting all my makeup off so it takes a bit of effort. But my skin feels nice after.

on 9/25/2018 2:55:00 PM

Overall, this is decent. It does a good job of removing all my makeup, including waterproof mascara. I find It still has a slightly 'waxy' feel when cleansing though, and I also find it doesn't completely rinse away cleanly, so I need to always double cleanse when using this. It's also pretty much unfragranced to my nose, or if it does have fragrance, it's so light that I can't really detect it. All in all, a decent product. I would repurchase if I ever stopped being able to purchase my beloved Banila cleansing balm.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works really great.. very gentle on my sensitive eyes ..takes all makeup off but Still have to follow with my purity cleanser to get fully clean face

on 9/23/2018 3:50:00 PM

This product gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy afterwards. I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser. It gets the mascara off my lashes. and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product took a long time for me to buy because:
1. it's expensive ($39 CAD)
2. I have more than enough makeup cleansers.

However, I am done rubbing my makeup off with cotton pad, it's never as precise as my milk/cleansers that I can get into my lashes with, and I prefer makeup removal done in one fell swoop. That doesn't necessarily mean one product, but it means that when I leave my sink, I started with a full face and left with a bare one. My lashes are naturally light and it's really easy to tell when my makeup remover hasn't done its job, and for me, thorough eye makeup removal is so important.

I can confirm that this product alone gets all of my makeup off, and my skin doesn't feel greasy or "undone" afterwards. Personally, I warm it up in my fingers, and gently rub my lashes, my brows, and my cheeks, and wash off with another cleanser afterwards. It gets the black mascara off my light lashes, no problem, and I like that it doesn't irritate my eyes, I can still open them to see how the removal process is going. I typically need 1/2 a tablespoon of product it seems (sounds weird, not sure else what to compare it to, LOL) for my entire face if I've worn full makeup that day.

If you have difficulty removing makeup, wear a lot of makeup, or are lazy with the removal process altogether, I would definitely recommend this product. The price tag can be a shock but for the ease of use, it's completely worth it. Just simply grab a little bit, massage your lashes and face, and your makeup is done for. And I'm sure this jar will last me the better part of a year at this rate.

on 9/10/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! While I usually stick to micellar water for makeup removal, sometimes that isn't quite up to snuff against pesky waterproof mascara or days when I've really indulged in a ~full face. This balm has a pleasant texture, and you don't need very much at all to really get every single fleck of makeup off. No smells, no irritation. I appreciate the fact that I can open my eyes mid-smear to check and see if everything seems like it is sliding off. I am never a big fan of beauty products in pots, it just doesn't feel super clean to me (and, on a personal note, I keep my nail long, so it is a pain to try and avoid ending up with balm crescents under my nails and wasted product), but I understand that this texture wouldn't really suit a pump. All in all, I definitely would recommend this product, and will be buying it again.

on 8/17/2018 7:40:00 AM

Have already repurchased this item as a backup. I use it as my first cleanse. It’s gentle and removes makeup easily (I use a moderate amt of makeup). No harsh smell.
The ONLY suggestion I would make to people using this is don’t share with others. In order to use this product you put your finger tips onto the tub. If you share this product you may be allowing introduction of bacteria from other fingers. If you decide to share, use something to scoop out the product.