CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
Take The Day Off Cleansing BalmTake The Day Off Cleansing BalmClinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm

4.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Polyethylene, Peg-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Water, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I know that this product is highly rated, but my experience with it was quite unpleasant. This is another point of view from someone who had a terrible reaction to it. I don’t know what is in Clinique skin products, but I have had problems in the past. I bought this because of all the great reviews here and elsewhere online.

The minute I used it, I knew there was a problem. My eyes started burning and so did my face. I have talked about my skin issues often in my reviews. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I have an allergy to mold spores and pollen and that causes my skin to be itchy, burn and get red patches and bumps. So that is an extra problem for me. Whatever is in this was toxic for my skin. I had redness that would not go away. I kept washing my face and put on some soothing cream. My eyes were red and swollen.

I wanted to try a cleansing balm as part of a two-step routine to cleanse my skin thoroughly after wearing makeup. But this was a disaster for me. Now I am cautious about trying any other cleansing balm. The one good thing is that when I cannot tolerate a product, it happens immediately. I got the mini size from Sephora and just threw it out.

I have to be careful with whatever I put on my skin, both face and body. I have a regime where I use trusted products that work well for me and do not cause any reaction. I am not trying to say that this is a bad product. I am just relating my experience so that people will know that not everyone has a good experience. It is another reminder that I have to be very careful when trying new skin products.

The Clinique take off the day cleansing balm is a balm that can take off any beauty related makeup looks, doesn’t matter if it’s only for a daily makeup look or more of a special event look.

I have to admit that I wasn’t really excited to give it a go because I thought that the balm would be very oily/greasy and that’s something I really don’t like on my skin.

Pros:

- It removes the makeup quickly
- Fragrance-free
- For all skin types
- Easy to remove with water

Cons:

- Messy
- A bit more expensive

It depends on if you are willing to pay more for a cleansing balm or not. I personally like it a lot, but I would recommend being over a sink when you’re doing it since it can get messy!

Also, it’s so easy to remove with water, and for some reason, it isn’t really oily, if you have the balm on your fingers and your warming it up between your hands then it melts into a liquid, and it’s easy to spread out on your face.

It leaves my face moisturized and soft, and it doesn’t try out my face which I enjoy!

on 2/21/2019 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never bought this stuff,i got a sample of this,i used it,its good but its too pricey,i cant afford it like everyone else,so i will never buy it

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good cleansing balm for sure - it removes a full face with no problem and does good job with waterproof eyeliner and mascara without too much rubbing. There are two reasons why I can't give it five stars though - the first is that it's just not quiiiite as good as the Dermalogica Precleanse balm, which really breaks down waterproof mascara like it's nothing, and the second is that the packaging is mad annoying. With balms I like to get a little on my hands and rub off my face makeup, then go back in for a bit more and get my eye makeup. Because this is in a tub you have to wash your hands before going back in to get that second bit or you'll contaminate the contents of the tub with your dirty fingers and it's just annoying. That might sound like a small thing to some, but it compared to the handy, hygienic squeezy tube that the Dermalogica comes in it's a real con for me. Having said that, the value for money on this is phenomenal; it's only £24 and lasted me 6 months having used it almost every day. Compared to the £44 price tag of the Dermalogica, which lasts me only 2 months, this really is a worth it.

on 2/16/2019 4:08:00 AM

Expensive product but it works.
On first glance,it is a solidified white wax like consistency but when you put it on your hands it melts and transforms into an oil.
It melts everything even waterproof mascara though you do need to massage it in the skin for a longer time when you have foundation on so it removes all traces of it.It'd be advisable if after using this balm,you thoroughly cleanse your face with a facial wash AND use a toner after to make sure you have removed every last trace of makeup left.
Packaging is fine,not very hygienic though as you have to put your fingers in to get the product out unless you use a small spatula.Ideally I'd prefer it if it was in a liquid formula with a pump for more hygienic reasons.

on 2/8/2019 2:44:00 AM

Takes off all my make-up without any irritation. I do use a cleanser afterward to get all the balm off.

Very good at cleaning the skin. Nothing is left. However it was *extremely* drying on my dry sensitive skin. It didn’t cause any immediate irritation however. I don’t know if this would cause me to breakout or give me clogged pores as I have only used it 4 times. It is probably one of the most drying cleansers I have ever tried.

I had the same reaction with Clinique Take the day off cleansing oil, so maybe my skin just doesn’t do well with cleansing oils and balms. I will go back to using Bioderma Sensibio H20 micellar water which although it takes longer to clean the skin and not quite as gentle as this (but still fairly gentle) it isn’t drying.

I will not repurchase this, but I’m glad that I tried it.

on 1/25/2019 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh... not sure how I feel about this product... I was never into double cleansing, but I figured I would just give this balm a try!
I find that I have to rub quite a bit in order to get my mascara off with this... if I use too little, it doesn’t feel comfortable and doesn’t remove makeup well, and if I use a decent amount in order for it to work properly, my vision gets foggy...
I don’t hate it but don’t love either. Don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this one!

Clinique 'Take the Day Off' cleansing balm is brilliant if you want a unscented and fuss-free cleanser. It comes in solid form that melts into an oil with the heat of your hands. I enjoy giving myself a lil facial massage whilst using this :)
I use this as my first step if I'm double cleansing after wearing heavier makeup or feeling congested. I personally always like to follow up with a 2nd cleanser. It removes all my facial makeup perfectly with a muslin cloth.
I took a lippie off as this doesn't work as an eye makeup remover for me, I have to scrub pretty hard to get mascara off plus it makes my eyes blurry AF. I’m also not a fan of pot or tub style products for hygiene reasons.
Overall, if you want a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic and basic-no frills cleansing balm, I highly recommend.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros
- melts nicely
- rinses off well

Cons
- doesn't last me very long
- expensive for the amount you get and how long it lasts
- not significantly better than good old coconut oil, although it is nice to switch it up a bit

Overall
- nice indulgence but not worth it. Prefer farmacy cleansing balm (which is unfortunately more expensive and less product) and coconut or other oil to this one.
- worth trying since its not bad if you're interested in cleansing balms

Im debating repurchasing because it because Ive grown accustomed to it in the process of using up the jar i initially bought. ..

DUPE ALERT
I've heard the Body Shop Chamomile cleanser is a much cheaper dupe to this one. Havent tried it yet but I probably will