71%

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 months ago

I purchased this in a mini-set with the Daily Microfoliant which is what I was really after. I wasn’t impressed with this pre-cleanse oil. For starters, it does not feel anywhere near as luxurious as many other cleansing oils or balms do. And can we talk about the overpowering scent? It is very strongly fragranced, and somehow using this followed by the microfoliant my skin felt very dry and had visible flaking, something I never want to see, especially since I already have dry skin.

About reviewer (951 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

a year ago

Expensive, irritating ingredients. This stung my eyes like crazy. Dermalogica has the most irritating/pore clogging ingredients. And they are rediculously expensive. Please those with sensitive or acne prone skin or skin at all..do your skin a favor and stay away. Irritating ingredients destroy the skin barrier. Hopefully I can help someone here who may be suffering from bad skin that’s not due to hormones. I had great skin throughout my 20’s and I used nothing but gentle makeup wipes to take makeup off. In the shower just rinse my face with water if I sweated. Sometimes I never even wet my face in the shower so to not dry my face out. I live in New York where the winters are brutal. I got compliments on my skin. I hit 30 years old and decided I should “start taking care of my skin” prevent aging, etc.. boy did I make a mistake. Cleaners, even gentle dried the heck out of my skin. Moistures break me the fudge out. Non comedogenic moisturizers dried me out. Oil cleansers, wtf was I thinking for my acne prone skin. Basically, For the past year I have tried quite a few products and ended up going from great skin to being an active dermatologist patient. My skin is finally going back to normal after I’ve stopped trying new products and stop trying to fix my problems with products. My advice, keep skincare/makeup minimal, use a gentle makeup wipe or bidoerma micellar water to remove makeup. Or try erase your face cloths for makeup removal. Let your skin heal itself if you are suffering from breakouts. Most acne treatments only irritate the crap out of your skin anyways and just worsens the skin condition. Always Check your ingredients on cosdna or skincarisma or Beautypedia. Sometimes less is more for some people.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

a year ago

I received a sample of this, which lasted me at least 3 weeks. This is an oil cleanser that you dissolve using water. To me, it feels just average: cleans decenty, but definitely not one of the beast things I've tried. I use waterproof makeup and thick sunscreen daily, so the cleansers I use need to be good. As with most oil cleansers, this needs to be followed up by a foaming ne (at least for me). What really annoyed me about this is the very heavy essential oil-scent. It says "no artificial fragrance", but that doesn't matter - there's A LOT of fragrance in here. It's a mixture of citrus oils and lavender: Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil ... and I don't like that. There's WAY too much fragrance, to the point that it's stinging my eyes. For the very high price of this, there's no way I would ever purchase it myself. I appreciate no fragrance, or something very mild, is products that are supposed to be skin care.

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Dermalogica's PreCleanse is their iconic precleanser make-up remover. It has been around for quite a few years now and is not only a staple but one of their best selling products. Whilst it is indeed an excellent precleanser and makeup remover, the price and amount for what you receive is rather unjustified. There are now countless cleansing oils in the skin care market all of which that cost less and are just as effective if not better than dermalogica. I see no reason to pay the amount of money required for PreCleanse when there are now budget friendly more affordable options. I would receive this as a gift absolutely and use it well up, but to go out of my way and pay full price for it. No no, It isn't worth the money. Unless ofcourse your a die hard Dermalogica fan. I now only purchase budget friendly cleansing oils from the drugstore that remove makeup and precleanse just as well if not better than Dermalogica. If you must purchase this product, do so on the many discounted skin care websites or buy it at salon size for better value. I would not recommend this anymore. As for the product itself, the cleansing oil is a thin cleansing oil, there are a few cleansing oils out there that are quite thick. This cuts through the day's grime, oil, sunscreen and stale makeup efficiently on dry skin, emulsify with water to rinse cleanly with no oily residue. It does the job fairly well, it also wonderful to remove stains from clothes, to cleanse expensive natural haired makeup brushes and fine jewellery. The bottle is convenient to use and is no available to purchase with a pump. Travel size options are also available. I will simply not be repurchasing this based on the price alone. All the wonderful ingredients in this cleansing oil cannot do much, as the brief moment that is cleansing doesnt allow enough time for these wonderful ingredients to do their magic, this is a precleanser, nothing more.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Very good oil cleanser. I used this when I started esthetician school and this makes a big difference for the rest of your skin care regimen. The scent is lavender and has a thin, fluid consistency. I feel it does get your skin clean and prepped for your cleanser. This does get expensive even with a pro discount but I highly recommend to anyone that wears makeup and sunscreen everyday.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I've been using Dermalogica's precleanse (the version with a pump) for almost 6 months now and I am really happy with it. It is an excellent make-up remover and my skin (which is normally very sensitive) seems to like it - no breakouts or dry patches. It smells lovely (lavender oil) and is very easy to use. The main reason why I gave it 4/5 for overall rating is that it seems to be slightly harsh if you use too much of it, especially around the eye area. It has caused some redness around my eyes, and I asked my therapist why this may be the case, and she said I'm probably using too much of it or rubbing too much, both of which was apparently the case because, since I've stopped doing so, my skin isn't red anymore. As for price, I agree with some of the other reviews that it's not the cheapest product ever. However, it really lasts long! I've purchased my last bottle three months ago, and still have half of it despite using it on a daily basis. So, in case you decide to splurge on this, you'll see that a little goes a long way. Overall, I am really happy with this product and I'm buying it again! :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

It was amazing at removing makeup without drying out my skin, but I found it to be a tad irritating on my sensitive skin due to all the fragrant oils. If you don’t have sensitive skin then this is probably a great makeup remover!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I would highly recommend this oil cleaner despite its expensive price. It removes all my heavy makeup including around my eye area.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Not bad and feels nice to use but doesn't remove all makeup and eye makeup. I prefer to save my money and do a double cleanse with my dermal clay cleanser, once dry and then dampen to wash off. Then once on damp skin.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I was talked into buying this product at Ulta by a heavily made up sales associate who swore that one pump took off all of her makeup with no effort. She said she had been using it for years and that it was an all natural oil cleanser that was non-irritating with a natural scent. Could even be used on the eye area. What BS. Irritated the hell out of my skin and my eyes swelled after using. My rosacea reacted. I do not recommend this if you have any kind of sensitive skin or eyes. It may have natural scents to it but they are not favorable to maintaining a healthy skin barrier.

About reviewer (1595 reviews)

Age56 & Over