Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

on 12/31/2003 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

great for healing stubborn dry areas on face and body. leave it on overnight for great moisture. a hg to any dry skinned beauty. can't beat the old tried and true.

on 1/22/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my hg for feet! This stuff is the only stuff (including Kerasal) that will heal and moisturize my scaly, rough, calloused feet. In just 3 days, I had soft, pink pretty feet to slip into a cute pair of sandals! It's the best!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Vaseline has so many uses but i love to use it on my feet and put cotton socks on and in the morning my feet feel sooooo soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Plain ol' classic VASELINE. I use it mainly on my feet and cuticles before bedtime or [gasp] on my nose when it's chafed from blowing it too much when I have a cold. Cheap, and classic. Never fails.

The one beauty product I cannot live without, even though I am a fan of high-end cosmetics. I have used it on my lips before bed for as long as I can remember. So many uses. Lip gloss over my lipstick. My night cream. Something to keep my hands and feet moisturized. People have asked me the secret for my soft skin and my othe beauty secrets. Answer: Vaseline, it is!

on 9/26/2004 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use it on lips to keep them moisturized, as well as hands/feet and anywhere else that needs it. Very greasy though and does take some time to soak in so i use it overnight. I wish it came in a squeeze/pimp bottle because i have to reach in the tub to get it. It's great for removing eye makeup too.

on 10/13/2004 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This reliable cheap pot of petroleum jelly is one of the best moisturizers ive found. It's perfect for my dry and sensitive skin. Not only is it cheap, but it can be mixed with foundation for a glowing complexion, mix with lipstick for glossy lips, use as a lip-balm, turn powder eyeshadow sheer, apply to eyelashes for a hint of gloss or eyebrows to shape them!.....In a recent review, i heard that a lot of models slather some of this over their face before bed to keep the skin nice and clear.....i totally agree!!..this stuff is great! what more can you ask for?

on 10/13/2004 3:25:00 AM

During the last past 30 years (yes, start counting now, the woman must be a really old one ...), I have spent a fortune on skin care products, starting with the Clinique 3-Step System, then going on to Kanebo, Este Lauder, Lancome, Dior, Clarins etc. - in the firm belief that you get what you pay for, that quality in skin care products, like in (almost)all other necessary things in life must be reflected in a steep price. And that mineral oils were to be avoided like the devil himself. Well, all these lotions and cremes didn't make me more beautiful - on the contrary, my skin was often red and itchy and always seemed in a way "tired". I needed a lot of foundation to cover all that. Needless to say, my bank account got tired as well.

Not so any more! Inspired, as so often, by Bellebrune as well as by Paula Begoun, saying that the skin on your face is not different from the skin on your body, I now use good old Nivea for night and for day, under my mineral make-up (with SPF, of course),the Vaseline Lotion (of course not forgetting to give my hands a treatment as well). Believe me, my skin never looked better!

Pssst...here's my no.one beauty secret: dab ona bit of this colourless gloop onto your eyelashes for the most sultry, oooh-la-la, fan-like volumized winkies ever. Beats ALL the mascaras for sale out there- maybelline, shu uemura, chanel, estee lauder, shisedo...all are RUBBISH compared to this little cheap pot which stay on all day, doesn't smudge & is removed @ the end of the day with a simple cleanser while moisturizing those peepers. Functions too, as a smooth, glossy highlight for your eyelids & an emergency clear gloss for your lips. Only gripe is that it may feel greasy on oily skins & the "yuck" factor in sticking your pinky into a jar or skincare but hey, I will put up with far worse just for the effect it has on my lashes....YOU HAVE TA JUST GRAB THIS!!!

on 12/27/2004 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This makes a great moisturizer, and the best way to use it is to get one hand wet with water, put a little Vaseline (a small fingertip full)on the other hand and mix them together then apply to body. It just sinks in and is not sticky or gooey and it's great! I'm so happy this works as it'll save my husband tons of $$$ on lotions!
:-) I'm so glad Vaseline is cheap and can be bought virtually everywhere.