Ice Cubes

Ice Cubes

4.5

water, coldness

It really works great if you want to reduce swelling of your pimple. I normally take about 2 to 3 hours straight to apply ice on that pimple and the swelling would reduce about 20%.

Tried it on my whole face and it didn't work well.

I'd recommend it for reduce of swelling. Redness remains the same.

on 1/24/2016 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

PLEASE be careful using extreme temperatures (ice or steam) on your skin; I did not and now have the broken capillaries to show for it. Warm and cool are almost always adequate, unless you are talking about a black eye or fat lip.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really didn't know ice cubes were used as a beauty remedy, until last night when I was desperately searching for something to calm four ugly, cystic pimples that so kindly decided to show up on my face.

For anyone who suffers/suffered from cystic acne, you'd know that the worst thing you can do is try to squeeze it out - you'll likely be left with a scar. I was actually able to reduce the swelling by holding an ice cube in a baggie on the pimples - worked like a charm! They're not nearly as monstrous today as they were last night. I will repeat the process again tonight and hope they'll be gone by tomorrow.

Beauty Tip! Using ice around puffy eyes helps to bring down the puffiness but not leave it red or irritated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like to do ice facials after exfoliating my face (I use peel off mask and comedone extractor to get rid of clogged pores - blackheads and whiteheads). My face becomes red and then I quickly rub 1-2 ice cubes directly on my face for a minute. It gives cooling effect right away (obviously) and it takes away the redness quickly. Other than that, I don't see any other benefits...

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Absolutely love this for that refreshed wide awake feeling in the morning... I first put the cubes in a bowl of water and dunk my whole face in for 10 seconds (hold your breath first!).. The come up for air and repeat 3 X... Then keep the ice cubes in the bowl tip the water out... And after about 5 minutes rub the cubes all round your eyes, cheeks whole of your face..... It's soothing and gives a lovely refreshed glow... Tightens pores and gives you lovely smooth skin.... It feels wonderful to touch...use moisturiser afterwards as it can be a little drying. Also I use frozen dessert spoons under my eyes... Fantastic for combatting puffiness!!!... And its free! Better than ANY eye or face cream out there... And I've tried them all!! X please try! Works wonders

on 8/10/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It works well for me! I use it in the morning when I wake up, after washing my skin, and at night before bed. I let the ice cube melt a bit and then I rub it all over my face in circular motions for a couple of seconds at a time, then I dry my face and apply moustizer because it has a drying effect. It leaves my skins feeling refreshed, it reduces the size of my pores, tightens my skin and visibly reduces swelling and redness! Be sure to not leave it on you're skin for extended periods of time, especially if your putting it on directly, because it can burn your skin and worsen any redness! Definitely give it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use ice cubes to reduce the inflammation from my pimples and to reduce the appearance of puffiness under my eyes after I cry or something. It's free. It works. It's for me.

I've always suffered severe acne since my early teens. To cut a long story short relating solely to ice cubes... Every Single time without a doubt when i would pop a zit it would ALWAYS get larger and more red lasting weeks before finally clearing visibility. It's only recently I tried icing it afterwards that I noticed swelling going down and for it to be less red and noticeable. I know popping a pimple isn't recommended but sometimes I can't stand to let that ugly yellow tip exist lol but now I actually feel more comfortable in doing so because of this remedy :D

on 6/18/2015 10:56:00 PM

Love green tea ice cubes,If my skin starts looking a lil lackluster I'll use a cube all over my face.I notice when I use at night,I wake up with beautifully smooth soft skin with smaller pores. I'm in my early thirties and I still get IDed,so I'll be using this til I die!!Love! If u hadn't tried I would recommend.