69%
package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

This is the very 1st Vitamin C serum I have purchased. I have tried 2 others since I am not a fan of the consistency of this particular serum (it is thick and flakes up on the skin after I have layered on my other evening skincare products - not in love with the texture of this serum once it is on the skin). That being said I find this vitamin C serum to be gentle on my sensitive skin type compared to the other 2 vitamin serums I have tried. So I might re-purchase this one eventually...

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

6 months ago

***This product stains white clothing and bed linen, unfortunately. I’m not convinced it’s especially effective, either. This one’s a no from me. Love the rest of the range though. This is a maybe for me. I'm already in love with another vitamin c serum. I purchased the whole Brightening range of Andalou products for half price though, and I'm going to use it to the very last drop. I am accustomed to clear serums, and this feels more like a lotion to me, so I am treating it as an extra layer, I guess. I am certainly not unhappy to throw more vitamin c into the mix. It certainly doesn't irritate my skin, but I am not sure that it adds anything to the effect either. I guess I won't know whether this is a vital step until I take it out of the mix.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

A good brightening serum which gives my face, neck and back of hands a nice glow. The texture is quite light and suited to oily or combination skin types - such as mine. I use it AM & PM. On a morning I use it as an extra layer of protection beneath my SPF against oxidants and UV damage. On a night I apply on its own, not finding I need to use a moisturizer over this as its hydrating enough for me. The effect is definitely visible...my skin has a nice glow whilst I use this, especially 1st thing in the morning as my skin soaks it up overnight. Also, small acne scars fade faster than usual too. The only thing that seems to be missing is some form of AHA or BHA for skin smoothing effects, that would have made for one awesome serum if not a HG. So instead I layer it on an evening with Paula's Choice 2% BHA, applying PC just before the serum, this also seems to help Enlighten Serum both sink into my skin better and work more effectively. For those who find PC a bit pricey (post-Deciem/The Ordinary which skincare product doesn't now seem overpriced?!) The Ordinary's Salicylic Acid 2% solution works just as well. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

It's pleasant enough to use. It doesn't smell like turmeric or stain your skin, which I was only mildly concerned about. The serum is opaque and the texture is like a cross between gel and lotion. If you have sensitive skin, or can't use L-ascorbic acid for whatever reason, or even if you're just giving your skin a break from "heavier" active ingredients for a while, this is a perfectly good vitamin C serum. I'm a fan of a lot of Andalou Naturals products (even despite the pseudo-scientific "stem cell" claims), which is why I gave this Turmeric + C serum a try. It's on par, as far as results go, with the Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum (which I prefer just slightly to this one because of it's clear runny gel-like texture). It didn't wow me, but I have nothing against it. I have been adding a few drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol to it, they seem to work well together. I would buy again in the future if my skin goes through a sensitive phase, which it seems to do every few winters. But when I finish my current bottle up, I'll be going back to using a simple DIY serum with plain L-ascorbic acid. I feel like that gives me better results.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Other

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

Another C serum that does nothing. This has to be the 15th serum I've tried, and I picked this one up because it was rated "best of" by Beautypedia. It does have the added benefit of being hydrating but the vitamin C cannot be stable in this clear pump bottle. I would send it back but no returns for this. Fortunately it was only $24. I am going to try the ampoules of C serum by Exuviance next. Cannot believe all of the snake oil C serums there are out there or maybe my skin is totally unaffected by these products but I have seen no effects from using bottles of so called great vitamin C serums. Am I broken or is my skin tough as a shoe?

About reviewer (1597 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

1.0

3 years ago

I'm so disappointed in the new product. I used it last year and my skin was amazing. I recently bought it again and they changed the packaging. It's no longer the same thing. I think the formula may have been changed too. It's not brightening my skin like it did with the last time I used it a year ago. Would not purchase again.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This serum didn't do anything for me, but I've had lots of luck with other Andalou products. I have pretty sensitive skin, and everytime I put this on my face, it stung very badly. It would eventually go away, but it was the kind of sting that felt very irritating, rather than "actively doing something for my skin". Has a faint smell reminiscent of vitamin c. Oily-skin could probably use this on its own without a moisturizer, as it applies like a milky lotion. Purchased mine from iherb.com, you can get $10 off your order with code YEW608. Won't be purchasing again for myself.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

My holy grail vitamin C brightening serum is Andalou Naturals Enlighten Serum (Tumeric + C). I find that this brightening serum doubles up as a hydrating serum. After applying this on my face, my skin feels a lot softer and plumper. My complexion is also brighter and I just look much more awake and ready to tackle my day. For more in-depth review: https://crazybeautelife.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/holy-grail-brightening-serum/

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I just picked up my 6th or 7th bottle of this stuff. The short term effect of making my skin look brighter kept me at it, the long term effect of improving my skin means I'll never give it up. I love this serum, and this serum loves me back.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

Really happy with this. It smoothes and calms my very sensitive skin and doesn't break me out at all. Small, light bottle for travelling. Leaves no residue. For the price it's definitely worth a try.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age36-43