Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum Jelly

4.6

White Petrolatum

This stuff is magical I use it throughout the winter it works as a barrier between your skin and makeup and it gives you a flawless dewy finish Marilyn Monroe loved it as well so.... Gotte be good for something right? Haha

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this on my face as a moisturizer day and night. After going on Differin, my skin has become very dry and tight. Any other moisturizer I used had left my face dry, stinging, red, and irritated. Vaseline was the only one that actually worked and did not irritate me. In the morning, before I put on my makeup I apply Vaseline, and blot off the excess using toilet paper. You need just the smallest amount, and then rub it between your hands to warm it up and melt it, otherwise you WILL apply too much.

I was worried about breakouts too, but the size of the molecules in Vaseline are too large to get in and clog your pores. I noticed that my skin has not broken out yet, and I have used this for 2 months now.

I would not use this if I had normal skin because it feels greasy. However, I do recommend this to those who are also on medication that may be drying their skin out, or for those with severely dry skin. Packaging is unhygienic, but I don't think that they could put this in a pump due to the consistency. Price point is beautiful.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Don't use this on my skin but rather more traditionally for my lips and recently eyelashes! Has really helped condition them and I have noticed a significant difference in their length when I apply mascara, I rarely reach for my falsies now! Whenever I'm going to sleep or not wearing makeup I'll rub some across my lips then on my lashes, wouldn't be without this staple product!

Lemme tell you about some of Vaseline's amazing usages. It's a moisturizer, a makeup remover, an eyelash conditioner, a lip balm, a great foot exfoliation finisher, and to keep your manicure cleanup simple you can rub some of this stuff around your nails before you start painting! Amazing!

on 2/2/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this to moisturize my lashes after taking off my mascara and it conditions and makes them so soft! However, I do not think you should use this for your skin, because it will clog your pores. But for eyelashes its great and harmless!! If you want to grow your lashes just leave this on over night! I saw results after just one night!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

So hydrating and has so many different uses. It can be used for lips (the obvious one) and works great to repair any damage. I also use it mixed with almond oil on my under eyes and it hydrates and really helps keep it soft.

on 9/7/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love vaseline. If you use it on dry spots, in 3 days they literally disappear. I also have some premature wrinkles, and I have started a thin layer of vaseline over my wrinkles and they are starting to slowly to become less apparent. Love vaseline, but never put it all over your face or it will feel super gross and goopy. Just remember to put as a thin layer, and not to thick or it will become super goopy.

This is terrible, I have terrible dry skin on my face. I started using this and it was heavy and greasy and just yuck!!! Never buying again!

on 7/23/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off, during winter/autumn this is an absolute MUST for me, I put it all over my face. It doesn't sting the most sensitive of skin, it has so many uses and gives an extra moisture protection boost to anything when I need it. There's a lot of rumours floating around on beauty blogs saying Vaseline is unsafe and doesn't let your skin breathe, NOT TRUE! Your skin does not breathe, therefore you don't suffocate while using this. In terms of pore clogging-'ness', I put it on my acne-prone areas and I don't get any additional break outs and it actually creates a protective moisture barrier which prevents further flaking and irritation in inflamed areas. Whether you break out to a product depends on your skin, everyone's different but lets say I think Vaseline is UNLIKELY to clog pores (for me).

on 4/26/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Good old Vaseline.

I have oily and acne-prone skin, so obviously I wouldn't dream of applying it apart from my eye lids or lips, cuts, etc. Personally I prefer to use oil-free creams and such because my skin can't take stuff that too heavy and rich. This stuff is a jack of all trades, you can use it on it's own or for example combine it with some sort of exfoliant to make a cheap, homade scrub for your face or lips!

*I have seen some other reviews suggesting diluting Vaseline with a bit of water for people with oily skin and I might try that though...*