Differin Acne Treatment Gel

Differin Acne Treatment Gel

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used this 2 seperate times, both times it dried my skin out so badly I couldn't continue. I initially asked for this as it is supposed to be the mildest form of retinoid, however my skin was just too sensitive for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this in 0.1% from my derm for my mild acne (whiteheads and blackheads mostly on my cheeks). Been using for almost a mth and now i cannot live without it! My bumps looks much lesser just after a few days into this treatment. So far it didnt cause me any purging nor did it stings my skin. After about 4 days into it, my skin burns so badly after cleansing at night (im using mu remover n cleanser which contains aha and my clarisonic brush). So much so tat watever i put onto my skin after tat just makes my skin burns like mad! I know i should not be using harsh cleanser with differin but im not comfortable using a gentle cleanser at night... Perhaps i should not use clarisonic too but i dont feel my skin is clean without a strong cleanser plus clarisonic! So whenever it starts burning real bad, i skip using differin a few days and resume when my skin no longer burns upon washing (my skin dosent burn in the am with my gentle cleanser..). Im receiving microdermabrasion treatment every forthnightly as well so was advised to stop differin a few days before and after the treatment so ive been on n off on differin but still, it gives me great results! Perhaps since im going on n off on differin, i dun get all the bad reactions too.. My derm says its perfectly fine to go on n off like this till my skin get used to it without burning so im just gonna do tat! i realised my skin is less oily, pores looks a bit smaller, skin looks smoother (lesser bumps) overall with no bad side effects except the burning. Very happy with this!!

on 11/28/2010 4:41:00 PM

This product seriously ruined my skin. I had mild acne to begin with and my dermatologist prescribed this to me and told me my acne would get worse to start out with and get better after a few months. It instantly made me break out like crazy all over my face but i stuck with it for about 9 months. I still had horrible skin. Now, 5 years later... i have never been able to get my skin back to where it was. I have to wear makeup now and can't seem to break that cycle. I have a lot of scarring from this product as well. It gave me a lot of stress and self esteem problems and I didnt even want to leave the house! I would say that if you only have mild acne or if you have sensitive skin then AVOID this product!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has become a HG product for me! I cannot live without Differin gel. It costs around $30 with insurance, but can be found significantly cheaper online. My skin is hyper sensitive and acne-prone and I cannot use any medicated products. I've been using the .1% gel for over year with excellent results. At 27, I started getting a lot of comedones that kept getting worse and worse and developed eczema from over exfoliating and using too many harsh products to try to clear my skin up. I looked like a pizza face and finally decided to visit a dermatologist for the first time, which was the best decision. Differin cleared up my skin within 8-10 weeks. The first 2 weeks, I remember being tough because everything got worse, and my skin itched for about an hour after applying the gel, but I never experienced excessive flaking or peeling. After about 3 weeks I started noticing less pimples. Eventually my skin completely resurfaced and all the acne scars went away after about 6 months. I've been using this continuously and I love it. It is gentler, than any medicated product I've tried and it helps reduce inflammation. You must stick to it and be patient because it does work. You must also use it correctly. Wash face, wait until it's completely dry, apply Differin Gel, wait 15 mins, apply moisturizer. My skin looks healthier now than it did a year ago and now I only use it every other day or even less.

on 6/18/2008 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using Differin almost nightly for about 4 months with excellent results. I love how it comes, clear and odorless in a neat tube. It's a gel but not sticky so I can smooth it on my face and it's comfortable to sleep in plus it's invisible. It is very gentle. Does not dry my skin or make it peel at all. For me, it treats better than Benzoyl Peroxide and clears pores better than AHA/BHA. I'm noticing fading of my scars too. I did not experience any purging. I hope it will be an effective anti-aging gel as time goes on. I've been purchasing from InHouse Pharmacy for much cheaper than my insurance co-pay.