beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.1

on 2/27/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally purchased this beauty blender, since it’s considered the original. I prefer my Real Technique blender over this overpriced sponge that tore apart after 3 days

on 4/18/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just feel like it makes my foundation sit on top of my skin making it look cakey and heavy. Application takes a long time too. Also really not happy with how much it sheers out foundation/concealer...really dont get why people love this so much.

on 9/28/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this sponge. I wasn't going to get it and just buy one of the many other dupes out there but decided to go on ahead and purchase. I'm glad I did. I find it blends my foundation perfectly and I don't find it uses/wastes a lot of the product. I dampen my sponge before applying and I rapid tap the product all over my face. I love the pointed tip and how easy it is to get my foundation in harder to reach areas. With my make up brushes I get some bristles shedding on my face or cant go as close to my eyes as I want (because they're sensitive) so this sponge really helps. I love that I can use it to blend my highlight, concealer, whatever I need by using different areas of the sponge -whereas with brushes I'd be using a few to do all of that - less clean up. I do agree that they are quite hard to clean. I didn't bother buying the cleanser that came with it because I figured there had to be an easier, less expensive way to clean them. I picked up a SUPER helpful tip from a youtuber (i cant remember her name, sorry) that said a TINY dab of dish soap (preferably Dawn because it cuts grease *wink*) and some olive oil will clean it perfectly - it really does work. My sponge looks brand new after every cleaning.

on 6/29/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely live for this product, my mum who checks my makeup before I leave the house has said that I look so good, she said my face doesnt look cakey or fake that looks like my skin but when I was using a brush it looked too thick. I love this so much

on 2/24/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have tried so many different blending sponges because I didn't want to take the plunge and spend $20 on a sponge. I found a lot of good, but not great knockoffs. After listing after this product for so long I finally decided to suck it up and buy it. I must say I am very happy with my decision. This is the best blending sponge there is. Trust me I've tried a lot. Wish I bought this one first instead of spending money on knockoffs. This gives a nice even finish and is the perfect shape.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I use beautyblenders every time I apply foundation makeup. I have three—two pink, one black. (I have dark skin, so a black because I use darker-toned products!) I don't know how I ever applied makeup without one of these before & it is a staple tool. I have oily, acne-prone skin & almost always wear thick, full coverage, matte foundations. As you can imagine, applying them with a brush or with my fingers can be a nightmare. With a beautyblender, the heave makeup I have to wear is blended so much smoother & nicer; I'd have streaks otherwise.

I soak the wide end with MAC Fix+ & let that sink in before I use it. It can be used wet or dry, but I personally don't let it swell up or put it under running water because like I mentioned, I wear thick, matte foundations. I use the wide end to make up my forehead, cheeks, & chin; I use the narrow end to make up around my eyebrow piercing, around my eyebrows, around my eyes, & around my mouth.

My only complaint is its not lasting long. I read it should last 3 months with proper cleaning, which I do, but I find that they get kind of beat up & raggedy sooner than they should. I took good care of mine & washed them regularly. I'm thinking it might just be my using them SO much & all 360 degrees of the sponge. Anyway, this makeup sponge is a necessity if you wear self-tanners or foundation makeup.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As with a lot of other reviews regarding this product, I too was sceptical at the price of the product and hence held of buying. I saw a really good offer on Amazon where I got 2 sponges for Ł25. I am still on the fence about this product.

I have used it on a few occasions now but found it only works on some of my foundations. I used this with my True Match, Match Master and Makeup Forever HD and it worked well. Did not work well with my Maybelline Fit Me or MAC Face and Body.

Gives an overall smooth application BUT I have had to use a make up brush to buff in the foundation on occasions (True Match).

on 11/20/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the beauty blender for my face base. I apply my concealer using the tip, my bb cream or foundation with the slanted side and powder my face with the bottom of the beauty blender. It is amazing!!! I don't even use my brushes anymore ever since I got the beauty blender. I just love it because it is a tool for everything. However, I would appreciate if they would invent a place to store the beauty blender. Overall, I love it and would buy again!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I had the BB for about 6 months now and I love it. I need full coverage face because of tons of blackheads on my face. I use Revlon Colorstay (2 quarter size dots) over my face and the BB blends it out perfectly. Only problem I do have with it is that I have medium size nails and now there are nail tears on it. But it still works just the same. But I tried the so called "dupes" and they are not to compare.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools