beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

For a few years I was fine using my RT sponge, and I liked it, thinking "ain't gonna spend twice as much on a prettier one!". But eventually my curiosity (and love for pink) won. So did the beauty blender when I compared both.
I especially love the shape- the RT one doesn't have that sharp pointed tip that turned out to be a godsend for me! I apply my foundation not holding the tip, but with the side of the sponge. It makes it so easy to reach every part of my face, esp the inner corner of my eyes (I have deep set eyes and RT sponge' tip was not "pointy" enough). I also feel like it soaks up less product.
Obviously ever since I started using makeup sponges I cannot apply foundation with my fingers anymore- the BB gives such a seamless finish its addicting!
I've recommended it to my mom and she prefers it over RT sponge too! Give it a try- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

To Read all 783 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/22/2016 7:53:00 AM

I keep going back to this sponge as this blends my foundation beautifully, doesn't leave behind streaks and when used wet gives skin a airbrushed finish, beauty blender sponge washes nicely but I find it difficult to wash off the stains!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Really does blend products amazing, love using it for under eye concealer and for pigmented cream blushes to get a flawless finish.

Cons: Seems to be impossible to get clean, I wash it over and over again and there are still foundation stains on the sponge, runs pink dye every time I wash it.
Soaks up a lot of foundation and concealer giving a sheerer coverage on the face, which is fine till you actually want a full coverage look.

At $30 I wont be repurchasing this product again.

I have the white beauty blender and I love it! I enjoy using brushes but different foundations work better with different tools. I love the coverage and overall look I get when I apply my Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation with my BB. I keep mine super white by placing it in a cup full of soapy (Dawn) water over night. All the foundation is cleaned out and settles into the bottom of the cup and it looks good as new.

on 8/12/2016 9:17:00 AM

I like this sponge. My gf got it for me as a present and I must say I like it. I apply liquid foundation with it and it does make your foundation go on nicely, well buffed and we'll blended.

As much as I love this sponge, at the end of the day I am prefer my $2 ebay kabuki brush to blend my foundation and concealer out.

I find the beauty blender has only 2 cons. 1. Cleaning it until it is pink again involves soaking it overnight with soap, but you're are guaranteed a pink sponge after. 2. Because it is a sponge it soaks up more product so you have to use more product.

I still think this is a great tool, but I think people are either sponge or brush people. I definitely prefer my brush more.

on 8/8/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a holy grail product

on 8/4/2016 12:42:00 PM

Let me first say, this is a holy grail product. This thing can blend ANYTHING!!! I got this and thought it looked smaller in person, but I forgot to use logic(it expands when you soak it) but I bought it anyway. In my opinion, $20 is a lot for a sponge, but it was so worth the price. Plus if you clean it regularly, it well definitely last longer, like up to six months.

KEEP THE CONTAINER! It is so handy if you travel. Just stick your Beautyblender in the tube n your good to go. It is also good for drying your sponge for after you use it. I found this blended my foundation as well as my cc cream, and my concealer. I have never found a brush that was "do it all".

Pros: can blend ANYTHING
Super easy to use, foolproof
Small, good for travel(remember, gets bigger when damp)
Is good for larger areas and small ones.

Cons: might be difficult to clean, depending on how you clean it.
Price(but was worth it)

I totally recommend! Nothing compares. sorry real techniques, I still love you. Yes it is pricey for a sponge but there ain't nothing better. Hands down the only makeup tool I need for face makeup.

Holy grail for sure. Been using this for years and there is just no dupe that performes just as good as the beautyblender and is just as soft & bouncy. I am using the black one. I like that there are different shades to pick. It is pricey though.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools