beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

This is by far the best blender for a flawless airbrushed finish. I have tried other cheaper alternatives but the did not 'cut the mustard'.

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 2/24/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought my beautyblender about two to three years ago and I have cleaned it after every use... it still bleeds neon pink. This wouldn't be a problem except it also bleeds dye INTO MY FOUNDATION. I wasn't sure for the longest why all my makeup looked so pink so I stopped all together. Recently I went and was color matched and got a makeover, purchased the same foundation that matched my skin tone and once I came home and used the original blender my makeup was super pink (the makeup has slight yellow undertones so I know its not the makeup). Other than that I really love the product (so much that I went and purchased the new color for 2017 and it doesn't make my makeup look pink!)

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the beauty blender it works really good for me

Popular Misc Beauty Tools