4.3

$20.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

16 days ago

The original beautyblender was game-changing when it first came out and there are now lots of copies/knock-offs (Some good and some not) but for the price? I will use a knock off. That said, I have to have a study sponge applicator in my arsenal for foundation, concealer and contouring.\ A great invention in its time.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 months ago

Pros Very soft Very absorbent Pretty smooth finish Picks up liquid makeup well Cons Expensive in the long term Best sponge I’ve used so far (better than RT)

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

from

6 months ago

I won this product in a competition and I'm glad I did because it is so handy. You can almost use it for everything like your foundation, concealer, powder, cremes and more. I don't find that this sponge soaks up my makeup as much as some other cheaper alternatives do and with enough blending, can make foundation and concealer seamlessly. Along with this beauty blender and a couple of other goodies, I received some soap to clean it with. I'm not sure if it's me, the soap, or the sponge but I find it hard to get makeup stains out of the sponge. I also find that when I clean it under the tap, some of the sponges dye leaks out. This doesn't do anything to the outcome of the sponge though and the dye doesn't stain my hands or sink. Overall, this is a great product and a necessity in my makeup routine.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

10 months ago

Works very well, but so expensive! Not worth it for me, because it doesn't last that long before getting gross (moldy after a month, even when I clean it with the beautyblender soap). I think the Real Techniques sponge is so much better in that regard: it's cheaper and lasts longer.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

this is a thing that I can't live without ????

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

The thing that makes this sponge stand out from the others is how darn sturdy it is. I've had my beautyblender for five whole years, sounds disgusting but I give it a nice deep oil cleansing every weekend and it is working fine. Other sponges I've tried such as quo and real techniques rip in half within 3 months. I honestly like the quo texture more than this one but I hated replacing it so much. If you aren't a dirty gal like me and replace your sponges often, get the quo instead. They all do the same thing. If you're trying to spend less on makeup, this is surprisingly the way to go.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

a year ago

I resisted this for a while, wondering what could be so great about a sponge. I like to apply foundation with my fingers so it didn't even seem like it would fit into my m/u routine. But after giving this a chance I will never go back. I don't use it to apply foundation but to buff and blend after I've applied blush and setting powder on top. Just bouncing/lightly pressing it around my face gives an airbrushed finish.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

All these years I resisted. $20 for a sponge? Really, how could it be worth it? But one day I came across a sale/deal on the Too Faced website, some other products along with this for a great deal, and now I can't imagine ever being without a Beauty Blender again. I used the Real Techniques sponge before, and I thought it was good. Now I joke that using that sponge after using this amazing one is like hitting my face with a brick. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but it really does feel hard now compared to this. It is so soft, and it blends my makeup so well. It just does wonderful things. I find it pretty easy to clean. I like the liquid Blender Cleanser the best, but it cleans up fine with other cleaners. The Blender Cleanser is just my favorite because it cleans well and rinses out really easily. Anyhow, I will try to find ways to get a deal on the Beauty Blender (getting it in a set, sales, coupons), but would I pay $20 for it on it's own? Yep. Obviously, it's overpriced. But sometimes something overpriced is worth it, and this is one of those things.

About reviewer (501 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

I resisted buying this for years because I just couldn't justify paying $20 for a beauty sponge...and then I bought one with a gift card and I was hooked. I had used a drugstore brand before (the orange one) and I like it well enough but they broke really easily. It is worth the hype. It is soft yet solid and so bouncy. My makeup applies flawlessly with my Beauty Blender. I will never go back.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

Admittedly I don't wear foundation often (usually just CC cream for sheer coverage) but when I do...THIS is what I use to apply it. It makes applying any liquid foundation a whole new experience... I use less product, it goes on much smoother and somehow 'settles' into my skin better. Visually I can see a difference, normally with a blender brush it's as though my foundation is just 'sitting' on my skin, it isn't settling into it properly, and I can tell later as it starts to wear off and creases. Usually 10 hours or so is the maximum I can get for coverage but for some reason the sponge is extending that by another couple of hours...how? I do not know! It's hard to explain but this works a dream. I just can't believe I only went out and got myself one this past week. Goodbye to my trusty blender brush, 'The Sponge' is what I'll be using from now on. Well worth the investment! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

Age30-35