beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the beauty blender it works really good for me

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this was a gimmick but it really does make my makeup look flawless. It's a little pricey but if you wash it and store it properly (in the small cup provided in the packaging) you can get a good 3-4 months out of it. Just make sure you dry it completely and leave it where air gets to it. You don't want a moldy sponge. It really makes a difference with my foundation. Even when I use a brush, I go over it with the Beauty Blender and it smoothes everything out. Love it. I find the original pink one best. I've tried the black and the pink is softer, less dense. It's easier to "bounce" the pink one on your face.

Hate to admit it but I would buy another one (despite the crazy price) if something happened to my current one.

I used other dupes before I bought this one but they absorbed more product and just couldn't live up to BB's performance standards. Even ditched my MAC and Sephora brushes for the BB

on 2/10/2017 10:08:00 AM

The hype of this product is what made me drawn to buy the beauty blender. Personally, I don't like it, it is just meh... Normally I use my fingers or a foundation brush to apply my face makeup. I feel that works better for me than a beauty blender. I also have a few friends who have tried the beauty blender, they all thought it was just okay too. Not worth the $30 for a sponge in my opinion. At $30, I was hoping the results would be better.

on 2/10/2017 2:49:00 AM

This product is a MUST HAVE. Don't waste your time with the knock offs, nothing else can blend like the original beauty blender or give me a flawless, beautiful finish

Like many, I avoided buying this for a while. I finally caved when I found a bundle deal at The Makeup Show in NYC. I'm in love. Absolutely in love. I use this in combination with a paddle brush to apply my foundation and contour. It is wonderful at giving me as flawless a finish as I can get on my aging, problematic skin. I'd buy this again, but I do wish it were a little less expensive.

I was avoiding purchasing this for about a year and a half because of its price. And I've been trying dupes in the meanwhile. However, I just couldn't resist the urge anymore.
The hype is real, as no other sponge I've tried compares to this. I used to think all sponges were the same, because it's only a sponge after all. But I studied the topic and realized that this sponge has an "open cell structure" technology that the brand claims is unique and that I assume is copyrighted, so the other dupes can't come close to it. And from experience I can say it's true, from observing the following:
- It's so much softer than other dupes
- Very easy to clean compared to dupes
- Doesn't absorb much product as other dupes
I use the BB mainly for applying CONCEALERS and high coverage foundations which normally look cakey if applied with a brush. The BB reduces the texture left by high coverage foundations (in my case, my HG high coverage is Inglot HD foundation) and improves their appearance on the skin. As for light to medium coverage foundations (in my case my HG light coverage foundation is the Bourjois Healthy mix/radiance reveal foundation) I still prefer applying them with a brush because, even the one and only BB will absorb most of it. But I really adore the BB for concealer application. I wash it with dish washer and olive oil after every application and it's still not stained!
I give it 4 lippies because of it's high price, but i understand why it's pricey. Being a copyright product with that "unique" technology. But if you ask me if it really makes a difference being the original BB, my answer is yes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Love my beauty blender! I have tried knock off brands that do work but not as well. It is very soft and gets into every corner of my face. Leaves my skin poreless. I knocked off one Lip due to the price and that I find it harder to clean than other off brand Beaty blenders I have used.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Let me get this out of the way. I.LOVE.BEAUTY.BLENDERS. I agree that the price is a little over the top for a sponge but the results I get are absolutely flawless. The way I use this is to hold it under running tap water and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze until it has doubled in size. I then squeeze out as much water as I can before squeezing it into a towel to soak up any extra moisture. I am left with a sponge that is perfectly damp and blends my makeup to sheer perfection. I have used the dupe to the Artis brush and found that I, personally, enjoy the look of my foundation when I use the beauty blender. That is because I have combination skin so when I run the brush across my face it lifts up and dry patches and looks gross and scaley. With this it presses the product into my face and give enough moisture to my scaley bits that they do not become noticable. If you have the means, I highly recommend this product. Also, I do not use the recommended beauty blender cleanser. I use Zote to clean my beauty blender and I think it cleans it just as well. It is only $1 and you can find it at Walmart.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools