beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

i use a drugstore brand bc they are cheaper and it works just as good. but I do have to admit that the bb was the brand that started this trend and this type of products gives your makeup the best finish possible. airbrushed look w absolutely no streaks or uneven areas

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had my eye on the beauty blender for a while now as I didn't want to pay $30AUD for a makeup sponge and I already had the old school triangle sponges, the real technique and every other $2 beauty blender dupes under the sun. After reading all the good reviews I finally caved in and just bought it and wow it really is worth the hype that's for sure! I can't believe I have been missing out this whole time!!! It isn't like any of my other sponges I've used over the years it is so soft and squishy especially after running it under water and squeezing the excess out. And the flawless finish it gives you every time... please don't let the price scare you like someone else mentioned in the reviews because it is well worth it and a great tool to add to your makeup bag.

on 1/15/2017 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I will forever be an advocate for the beauty blender, do not let the high price tag scare you off from it because it truly is an investment, an adorable squishy investment.

on 1/2/2017 11:20:00 AM

Seemed expensive at first for a sponge but this does wonders at blending in my concealer and foundation without the streaks you get from a brush. I use this almost everyday in my makeup routine.

on 1/1/2017 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

My gawd. This is THEE foundation, concealer and loose powder whisperer. I swear I have never experienced a more beautiful coverage than I do when I use this. I have the pink and the black and once dampened they are so soft! I have used this with $5 foundation and $62 foundation. And all price points in between. It applies foundation like a dream and I also bake my whole face with setting powder using the damp sponge and it makes me appear poreless. I will continue to repurchase.

I have purchased 4 Beauty Blenders (2 Original Pink and 2 Pro Black) at $28 CAD each. They're absolutely amazing. They're incredibly soft and blend foundation and concealer very well, but they're still durable (I've only developed some tearing in 2 of the 4 sponges after using them for about a year and a half each). Beauty Blender claims you need to replace the sponge after about 3 months of use, but I find with proper cleaning, they tend to last about a year or so. They are expensive, but for the results and longevity, I think they're completely worth it.

on 12/11/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Whoops - meant to leave a 5 star review ;) Also want to add that the price on this REALLY is not bad. It has a long lifetime if you clean it regularly/air dry it, and it's an application game changer.

on 11/30/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Let me say that this is a really great makeup sponge. It applies my liquid foundations evenly and flawlessly such that my pores don't look as big as usual.

All girls with big pores need a sponge like this. I say a sponge like this, and not this sponge, because the Real Techniques sponge can do a very similar job for a fraction of the price.

How does this sponge compare to the RT? I think the BB gives a very marginally better finish with the super slippy liquid foundations like water based ones (My reference is Kanebo Lunasol Modeling Liquid Foundation, still my HG after 9 years). The BB also eats slightly less product. However, the RT sponge trumps the BB in terms of shape and price. The BB is $30 where I'm from, and the RT is only $8! Also, I much prefer the shape of this sponge as it enables me to get into all the little nooks of my face and under the eyes. For the BB, you need the micro minis to do that properly. Also, RT performs better with foundations that are creamier in texture. I get a better effect with the RT sponge when I use the Kate Mineral Mask BB cream (which is my other HG product!) than with the BB. On balance, I much prefer the RT and would repurchase this over the BB.

Don't get me wrong. The BB is a FABULOUS sponge. If you can shell out $30 every 2-3 months, then by all means, do, you won't regret getting this. Get the micro mini BBs at the same time too, because under eye and nose cleavage application with this is really trying. But if you want a cost effective option that does 95% the same thing in one product, RT is the sponge for you.

Would I repurchase? This is hard. I would, probably, when it's on sale, but I doubt I would pay full price for this again.

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

on 11/27/2016 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This sponge is worth the hype. You can use it to apply pretty much anything: foundation, powders, cream bronzer/highlight, etc. This gives your foundation and powder such a natural glow. I have tried the Real Techniques sponge but it does not compare to what this sponge does. I would repurchase and recommend to a friend!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools