beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Yes it is a convenient tool to have but I probably wouldn't repurchase again, because I have done a comparisons between this and just using clean fingers the results are the same if not better. With fingers you can even get more control and less products to apply foundation or other cream products. So I wouldn't say it's a essential product especially for the price tag.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

To Read all 787 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny.

I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag.

BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean.

HG

I finally caved in and decided to try it for myself. Ladies, the hype is real! This will make your average, cheapo, or even the so-so foundations look really good! I've used this with both high-end & inexpensive products and they both looked topnotch. The technique is to let the sponge absorb as much water as possible and then gently squeeze the excess before using it. Bouncing and stippling motion are preferred. Don't swipe unless you want to use it to correct makeup snafus. The accompanying solid cleanser is good and gets all the stains out in a jiffy. Don't panic if you see some of the pink dye getting washed off. Make sure to dry the sponge in a well-ventilated area to prevent mold. This is expensive initially, but with proper care, it will last a long time and this works for a variety of products too, so this is a worthy investment.

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

For a few years I was fine using my RT sponge, and I liked it, thinking "ain't gonna spend twice as much on a prettier one!". But eventually my curiosity (and love for pink) won. So did the beauty blender when I compared both.
I especially love the shape- the RT one doesn't have that sharp pointed tip that turned out to be a godsend for me! I apply my foundation not holding the tip, but with the side of the sponge. It makes it so easy to reach every part of my face, esp the inner corner of my eyes (I have deep set eyes and RT sponge' tip was not "pointy" enough). I also feel like it soaks up less product.
Obviously ever since I started using makeup sponges I cannot apply foundation with my fingers anymore- the BB gives such a seamless finish its addicting!
I've recommended it to my mom and she prefers it over RT sponge too! Give it a try- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

on 8/22/2016 7:53:00 AM

I keep going back to this sponge as this blends my foundation beautifully, doesn't leave behind streaks and when used wet gives skin a airbrushed finish, beauty blender sponge washes nicely but I find it difficult to wash off the stains!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Really does blend products amazing, love using it for under eye concealer and for pigmented cream blushes to get a flawless finish.

Cons: Seems to be impossible to get clean, I wash it over and over again and there are still foundation stains on the sponge, runs pink dye every time I wash it.
Soaks up a lot of foundation and concealer giving a sheerer coverage on the face, which is fine till you actually want a full coverage look.

At $30 I wont be repurchasing this product again.

I have the white beauty blender and I love it! I enjoy using brushes but different foundations work better with different tools. I love the coverage and overall look I get when I apply my Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation with my BB. I keep mine super white by placing it in a cup full of soapy (Dawn) water over night. All the foundation is cleaned out and settles into the bottom of the cup and it looks good as new.

on 8/12/2016 9:17:00 AM

I like this sponge. My gf got it for me as a present and I must say I like it. I apply liquid foundation with it and it does make your foundation go on nicely, well buffed and we'll blended.

As much as I love this sponge, at the end of the day I am prefer my $2 ebay kabuki brush to blend my foundation and concealer out.

I find the beauty blender has only 2 cons. 1. Cleaning it until it is pink again involves soaking it overnight with soap, but you're are guaranteed a pink sponge after. 2. Because it is a sponge it soaks up more product so you have to use more product.

I still think this is a great tool, but I think people are either sponge or brush people. I definitely prefer my brush more.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools