beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect for blending concealer, applying your bake, or applying sheer coverage foundation! Obsessed!

I didn't want to give into the hype with this since I love my MAC 187 for foundation way too much. But once I tried it, I was hooked. I use it wet to apply liquid foundation. It is much easier and smoother and less streaky than using a stippling brush. I wash it in fairy liquid in the microwave for 20 seconds. I find it hard to wash and I never feel like it's really clean, which is why I hate sponges.

on 6/12/2017 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I refused to try the Beautyblender for a really long tine since I have already spent a small fortune on a variety of foundation brushes and if a small spongy blob would end up performing better that would end up with serious buyer's remorse :D

The nude pink one they released finally got the best of my willpower and I'm kind of sad to admit but it's a handy tool.

First of all, the thing that irks me most about the Beautyblender - apart grom a price! - is that I really don't feel comfortable imagining the possible bacteria breeding since I'm accustomed to applying foundation with perfectly clean brushes daily. Nope, can't bring myself to do it. Then what I use the sponge for? It's simple. After applying the foundation/concealer/blush during the days my skin doesn't seem to behave I wet/squeeze it, dab gently to meld all the aforementioned layers together and this step makes my makeup look much more natural. No excuse for cackey base anymore! It does sheer the makeup out a bit and sometimes I have some more spot concealing to do but this removal results to the natural look.

A keeper, sigh!

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

on 5/5/2017 12:28:00 AM

I bought my first BB in December last year after reading up so many good reviews about it.

Personally I feel that this sponge really gives an airbrushed finish, and I use it to apply my liquid foundation, concealer, blusher as well as when baking my under eye. I got the black BB as my first one only because it's my favorite color. I also bought the BB liquid cleanser and it really washes out all the stains and whatnots, leaving my BB looking as good as new, each time, every time.

I always use my BB wet and found that it helps with spreading my foundation evenly. It gets a little tiring on the hand whenever I use the bouncing motion to apply my foundation but hey the finish is what matters! I was devastated when my toddler got hold of my BB which I left on my make up table for drying, and tear off the tip of it! Not wanting to be left feeling helpless, I went on to purchase the set of 5 at a bargain price from Sephora. Now I have 6 BBs in my drawer but I have not touched the new ones yet as I am still using my first one despite it missing the tip and all. Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to all my friends.

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

Popular Misc Beauty Tools