4.3

$20.00 on Skinstore
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I've tried all the cheap dupes in hopes of finding something less expensive, but believe me, the real deal is worth it. A true investment.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

These things are worth the money. At first, I was reluctant to pay $20.00 for a makeup sponge, so I bought one for less on Ebay. (I know it was the real thing because it came sealed in the original packaging.) Anyway, it really does have a unique texture which is remarkably different from the cheaper sponges I have tried. I saw a review for the original one on Beautypedia reviews and thought I would give it a shot. Now I won't apply foundation without it and I have tried different sizes. It looks tiny, but when wet, expands to twice its size. The moisture is key because that's what gives the sponge the bouncy texture that allows you to apply makeup in a fraction of the time. The sponge doesn't absorb much makeup, which means you use less and more of it ends up on your face. That fact alone would make it worth trying. The real reason to get one of these is because it will make your application flawless with very little effort. The shape makes it easy to blend in corners as well as on cheekbones and wider areas of the face. I recommend checking out Wayne Goss' Youtube channel to see a tutorial for natural foundation using a Beauty Blender. I have also tried the minis, which are ideal for applying cream blush or under eye concealer. As someone who generally dislikes applying makeup, I can say this appliance has made my life a lot easier. It will last a long time as long as you don't leave a damp one in your makeup bag for too long. I found out the hard way it is better to have two so you can allow one to air dry in between uses. Once, I was in a hurry and shoved them in my makeup bag while they were still damp. By the time I remembered, they had mold damage. Now I think you can never have too many of these. I highly recommend this product.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

If you`re reading these reviews you`re probably still wondering "what`s so special about a sponge?" I don`t know how or why but it blends like a dream! It picks up the right amount of product and transfers it into the skin, unlike other sponges or brushes which tend to just move the product from left to right on the skin. It saves sooo much time, as you won`t need to touch up unless you want to build a stronger look. It makes any foundation and concealer blend flawlessly- no patches! I cannot remember the last time I picked a brush to apply my foundation, powder or concealer with since I got this sponge.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have been using generic beauty blenders for years... I always thought that the original one was too much money for a sponge so never did it cross my mind to try it. One day, my sister gives me hers and says she doesn't use enough make up to own one. Lo and behold, all those things I assumed are all wrong. They are a lot softer than most generic sponges. It is also easier to wet and take out water from (I found most sponges to get damp I need to use a towel and squeeze the sh!t out of it) the only real thing I don't like about it is the price and the fact that due to it's softness it tends to crumble quit easily. My sister has hers for a couple weeks and it's already got some "crumbling" going on.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

1.0

3 years ago

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

Perfect for blending concealer, applying your bake, or applying sheer coverage foundation! Obsessed!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I didn't want to give into the hype with this since I love my MAC 187 for foundation way too much. But once I tried it, I was hooked. I use it wet to apply liquid foundation. It is much easier and smoother and less streaky than using a stippling brush. I wash it in fairy liquid in the microwave for 20 seconds. I find it hard to wash and I never feel like it's really clean, which is why I hate sponges.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

from

3 years ago

I refused to try the Beautyblender for a really long tine since I have already spent a small fortune on a variety of foundation brushes and if a small spongy blob would end up performing better that would end up with serious buyer's remorse :D The nude pink one they released finally got the best of my willpower and I'm kind of sad to admit but it's a handy tool. First of all, the thing that irks me most about the Beautyblender - apart grom a price! - is that I really don't feel comfortable imagining the possible bacteria breeding since I'm accustomed to applying foundation with perfectly clean brushes daily. Nope, can't bring myself to do it. Then what I use the sponge for? It's simple. After applying the foundation/concealer/blush during the days my skin doesn't seem to behave I wet/squeeze it, dab gently to meld all the aforementioned layers together and this step makes my makeup look much more natural. No excuse for cackey base anymore! It does sheer the makeup out a bit and sometimes I have some more spot concealing to do but this removal results to the natural look. A keeper, sigh!

About reviewer (951 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

3.0

3 years ago

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43