beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

on 10/9/2016 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Yas is all I can say

on 5/14/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy the Beauty Blender, out of sheer boredom more than anything. I've never had problems applying my foundation with brushes, but I wondered if this would be somehow better. It wasn't. After dampening the BB, I set about to using my normal foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear...and found that the sponge made it drop from full coverage to medium coverage. Now I understand that some people want a more natural look...but if that's the case, you should invest in a lighter coverage foundation! I was pissed off after using this on half my face--I wear EL because I WANT full coverage. So I ended up washing my face and redoing it with my regular Real Techniques brush. All in all, this product was not for me. Also, application took a lot longer with this than it did with a regular brush.

on 4/21/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've had this with the solid cleanser for quite long now. And honestly I never knew how I managed without the original one for so long. I used to buy their dupes, mainly because they didn't sell this in finland until some months ago. I came across the set for 16€ and thought instantly that it was such a good deal. I need to wash this rather regularly to keep it from getting stained. Maybe it does sheer out my foundation somewhat but it keeps it matte and stays longer and beautifully blended. Sometimes when I'm bored I switch to real techniques expert brush, but 99% of the time that I apply foundation I always use this. Super easy application. My 1yo toddler can only allow me to have a minute routine. Saves me some time before preparing his breakfast and outing.

on 9/25/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

on 8/8/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge is seriously the best thing ever invented!! I LOVE it and can't live without it!! It's better than any brush out there! There are many replicas but there's serious no dupe for it this is the real deal and well worth the $20!! It's very long lasting and it's just the best! It seriously blends out any product so easily and flawless! You can use it for foundation, concealer, to blend out cream contour. It's the best and I recommend this to everyone!! I will seriously trade it ANY foundation brush for this little sponge any day! I love it !

on 4/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was super skeptical when I first heard about the bb because I thought $20 for a sponge was outrageous. I bought one anyway just to see what the hype was about and fell in love. It leaves the finish of my becca creme foundation so smooth and even! I also have the mini bb's, not quite as in love with them as I am the original, but they're good for tight spaces under the eyes etc. I always use mine wet-tried it dry just to see and it did not perform the same. Definitely try them if you're considering.

on 4/15/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

As a huge sceptic of this overpriced pink sponge, I'm just going to say: this thing can make cement blend into your fave beautifully!!! I was very faithful to my Real Techniques orange sponge and still am (now my back up sponge), first tired this product with my KVD Lock It foundation and it definitely gives any foundation an amazing boost of a flawless finish. Obviously this is a sponge and not a magic wand so don't expect real-life Photoshop results but it's certainly worth the cost. Results look like amazing skin and not spackled make up cakes everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

my concealer glides on with a damp beauty blender! i love it

Popular Misc Beauty Tools