beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Admittedly I don't wear foundation often (usually just CC cream for sheer coverage) but when I do...THIS is what I use to apply it. It makes applying any liquid foundation a whole new experience... I use less product, it goes on much smoother and somehow 'settles' into my skin better. Visually I can see a difference, normally with a blender brush it's as though my foundation is just 'sitting' on my skin, it isn't settling into it properly, and I can tell later as it starts to wear off and creases. Usually 10 hours or so is the maximum I can get for coverage but for some reason the sponge is extending that by another couple of hours...how? I do not know! It's hard to explain but this works a dream. I just can't believe I only went out and got myself one this past week. Goodbye to my trusty blender brush, 'The Sponge' is what I'll be using from now on. Well worth the investment!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/16/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I will repurchase this, the beauty blender really makes foundation and primer look amazing. I use it damp and I need only a very small amount of foundation and it blends so nicely with this.

on 7/14/2018 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a makeup addict, I resisted throwing 26 CAD $ at a sponge until one day, after reading all the positive reviews and hearing about how there was no real dupe for the real thing, I caved and purchased the pink one whilst browsing at Sephora and now there's no going back. This blends my foundations like a dream and doesn't eat up as much product as other sponges do. My skin looks effortlessly flawless and has less of that makeupy look that a buffing brush paired with certain foundations can give you. I will definitely buy this again.

on 4/10/2018 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice, but too expensive for what it is. I bought two, used both up, and am not buying this again. Lots of dupes out there, but not all of them are as good as this. For example, L’Oréal has a sponge and it performs just as well in terms of makeup application, but it tears so easily. I switched to using those wedges after watching pony effect and it absorbs less product and spreads it out nicely for a quarter of the price plus you don’t have to wet wedges.

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

on 11/27/2016 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

The beautyblender is the most surprising and impressive beauty purchase I have ever made. It's about $34 here in NZ, so at first I couldn't justify paying so much for a sponge and eyed the Real Techniques sponge. I'm glad I didn't get the RT sponge; the beautyblender has changed the way I wear my foundation. I much prefer it, and since using it I dislike how my foundation/concealer looks after using my old stippling brush. I don't mind cleaning it at all either (bonus points if you use your favourite shampoo to make it smell nice--perfect for next use lol). I'd definitely repurchase.

on 10/9/2016 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Yas is all I can say

on 5/14/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy the Beauty Blender, out of sheer boredom more than anything. I've never had problems applying my foundation with brushes, but I wondered if this would be somehow better. It wasn't. After dampening the BB, I set about to using my normal foundation Estee Lauder Double Wear...and found that the sponge made it drop from full coverage to medium coverage. Now I understand that some people want a more natural look...but if that's the case, you should invest in a lighter coverage foundation! I was pissed off after using this on half my face--I wear EL because I WANT full coverage. So I ended up washing my face and redoing it with my regular Real Techniques brush. All in all, this product was not for me. Also, application took a lot longer with this than it did with a regular brush.

on 4/21/2016 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've had this with the solid cleanser for quite long now. And honestly I never knew how I managed without the original one for so long. I used to buy their dupes, mainly because they didn't sell this in finland until some months ago. I came across the set for 16€ and thought instantly that it was such a good deal. I need to wash this rather regularly to keep it from getting stained. Maybe it does sheer out my foundation somewhat but it keeps it matte and stays longer and beautifully blended. Sometimes when I'm bored I switch to real techniques expert brush, but 99% of the time that I apply foundation I always use this. Super easy application. My 1yo toddler can only allow me to have a minute routine. Saves me some time before preparing his breakfast and outing.

on 9/25/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools