beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 1/2/2018 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

These things are worth the money. At first, I was reluctant to pay $20.00 for a makeup sponge, so I bought one for less on Ebay. (I know it was the real thing because it came sealed in the original packaging.) Anyway, it really does have a unique texture which is remarkably different from the cheaper sponges I have tried. I saw a review for the original one on Beautypedia reviews and thought I would give it a shot. Now I won't apply foundation without it and I have tried different sizes. It looks tiny, but when wet, expands to twice its size. The moisture is key because that's what gives the sponge the bouncy texture that allows you to apply makeup in a fraction of the time. The sponge doesn't absorb much makeup, which means you use less and more of it ends up on your face. That fact alone would make it worth trying. The real reason to get one of these is because it will make your application flawless with very little effort. The shape makes it easy to blend in corners as well as on cheekbones and wider areas of the face. I recommend checking out Wayne Goss' Youtube channel to see a tutorial for natural foundation using a Beauty Blender. I have also tried the minis, which are ideal for applying cream blush or under eye concealer. As someone who generally dislikes applying makeup, I can say this appliance has made my life a lot easier. It will last a long time as long as you don't leave a damp one in your makeup bag for too long. I found out the hard way it is better to have two so you can allow one to air dry in between uses. Once, I was in a hurry and shoved them in my makeup bag while they were still damp. By the time I remembered, they had mold damage. Now I think you can never have too many of these. I highly recommend this product.

on 5/5/2017 12:28:00 AM

I bought my first BB in December last year after reading up so many good reviews about it.

Personally I feel that this sponge really gives an airbrushed finish, and I use it to apply my liquid foundation, concealer, blusher as well as when baking my under eye. I got the black BB as my first one only because it's my favorite color. I also bought the BB liquid cleanser and it really washes out all the stains and whatnots, leaving my BB looking as good as new, each time, every time.

I always use my BB wet and found that it helps with spreading my foundation evenly. It gets a little tiring on the hand whenever I use the bouncing motion to apply my foundation but hey the finish is what matters! I was devastated when my toddler got hold of my BB which I left on my make up table for drying, and tear off the tip of it! Not wanting to be left feeling helpless, I went on to purchase the set of 5 at a bargain price from Sephora. Now I have 6 BBs in my drawer but I have not touched the new ones yet as I am still using my first one despite it missing the tip and all. Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to all my friends.

I've been using the Beauty Blender for more than 3 years now and I'm so glad I joined the hype train. Yes paying almost $30 for a sponge is ridiculous but it lasts AGES if you take good care of it and my makeup has never looked better. I honestly don't even remember the last time I used a brush to apply my foundation. I've used both the original pink and the black pro version. Personally I prefer the black version for thicker, full coverage products and the original for sheer and medium finish foundations. I've tried the Real Techniques dupe but I just keep coming back to this, and I will continue to repurchase!

on 4/15/2017 1:02:00 AM

Okay, so after years of using dupes of this (I live in Japan, so these aren`t sold here), I finally tried the famed Beauty Blender. Yeah, it`s a nice product, does what all the other reviewers who love it claim it does. But...so do the other dupes I`ve tried (RT sponge and Cathy Doll Ice-cream Cone). Not to mention those dupes cost a fraction of the price of this, clean more easily (I mean the brown foundation spots actually come out after 2-3 washes), and are a tad sturdier. So while the original might be a great product, in these days of presidential tycoons who don`t pay taxes and live on our backs, financially speaking I prefer sticking with the more modest options.

Before purchasing the Beauty Blender, I tried numerous brushes for foundation- they ranged from flat tops, and stippling brushes. I tried the Real Techniques sponge first, & it's a great product, but I was still curious about the BB. I tried this right after purchasing, and fell in love. It blends out foundation and concealer beautifully. I use the butt (:D) of the BB in a bouncing motion to blend out foundation, and the pointed edge under my eyes. The best part is that the BB is also wonderful for setting your face with powder, both pressed & loose. It doesn't stop there- it's also great for bronzer, highlighter & blush. I forgot my face brushes while on a small vacation, but had popped the BB in my purse, and that's the day I learned about all the extra things it's great for. Definitely worth it because of its versatility :) the only con to this product is that it's hard to blend around my eyebrows, but that's not a deal breaker. Give the Beauty Blender a whirl ♡

on 3/1/2017 7:20:00 PM

I was late to this trend, as usual. However, I am just glad I finally got with it. I love this thing! I have tried a lot of other sponges, even the highly coveted Real Techniques sponge and none compare to this. It has the perfect absorption, texture, whatever you want to call it. The perfect bounce. I never liked foundation until I found this thing. Now I can actually wear it without wanting to rip off my face. I adore this thing and will continue repurchasing it when I need to. I already grabbed the 4 piece set after getting the first one. (comes with the black one, the mini one, the original and the soap)

on 2/24/2017 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought my beautyblender about two to three years ago and I have cleaned it after every use... it still bleeds neon pink. This wouldn't be a problem except it also bleeds dye INTO MY FOUNDATION. I wasn't sure for the longest why all my makeup looked so pink so I stopped all together. Recently I went and was color matched and got a makeover, purchased the same foundation that matched my skin tone and once I came home and used the original blender my makeup was super pink (the makeup has slight yellow undertones so I know its not the makeup). Other than that I really love the product (so much that I went and purchased the new color for 2017 and it doesn't make my makeup look pink!)

Hate to admit it but I would buy another one (despite the crazy price) if something happened to my current one.

I used other dupes before I bought this one but they absorbed more product and just couldn't live up to BB's performance standards. Even ditched my MAC and Sephora brushes for the BB

on 2/10/2017 2:49:00 AM

This product is a MUST HAVE. Don't waste your time with the knock offs, nothing else can blend like the original beauty blender or give me a flawless, beautiful finish

Popular Misc Beauty Tools