beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Combination
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

I've been using the beauty blender for some time now and I thought that it might be a good idea of sharing my opinion about the sponge and sharing some tips and tricks on how you can make this work. - It's in the video on your right or above this paragraph.

I love this sponge so much and you can use it for so many steps in your makeup routine, it's not only for foundation! Using the beauty blender for any liquid or cream makeup products will work out! But most important, don't forget to clean the sponge every time after use because this is how you can keep the beauty blender clean and it's easier to wash.

on 7/14/2018 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a makeup addict, I resisted throwing 26 CAD $ at a sponge until one day, after reading all the positive reviews and hearing about how there was no real dupe for the real thing, I caved and purchased the pink one whilst browsing at Sephora and now there's no going back. This blends my foundations like a dream and doesn't eat up as much product as other sponges do. My skin looks effortlessly flawless and has less of that makeupy look that a buffing brush paired with certain foundations can give you. I will definitely buy this again.

I’ve held off buying this sponge for the longest time since 2015. And i should’ve just kept it that way lol.
For the longest time i thought it was gonna be mindblowingly soft n bouncy lol. I’ve only been using the RT sponge coz that’s the one i could afford.
I was just so underwhelmed by this sponge! It wasn’t very bouncy, squishy and it doesn’t perform any better than my good ol’ $7 RT sponge. In fact the RT sponge feels a lot more bouncier and squishier.
Don’t get me wrong, it works, and it also blended my foundation beautifully and seamlessly, It’s just too expensive for what it is, and now i’ll just have to use it until it breaks apart lol. I wouldn’t reccomend this sponge whatsoever, there are just many other sponges that work as well for a fraction of the price.

on 3/29/2018 2:02:00 AM

I am addicted to this sponge. I have this in the original bright pink version and this applies my foundation with a smoother and natural finish. I clean it every after each use with the solid cleanser.

on 2/27/2018 11:02:00 PM

Beauty Blender is worth buying.I have got pretty lots of makeup in my collection but I'm not buying all I would want cause I don't have that money.But I still think this is worth (is it $16).There ain't a product like this (although I've heard the flower beauty Blender is great) I believe.When I use this to apply my foundation with bouncing motion, result is always flawless. I use Beauty Blender for foundation applying, to apply my cream blush, to apply concealer and also loose powder. Usually I tend to wet the BB with a face mist/spray. That way I don't have to hurry to the wc for wetting it. And I can also use it dry for erasing powder makeup like even out my blush if there's too much. It's a game changer!

on 2/27/2018 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally purchased this beauty blender, since it’s considered the original. I prefer my Real Technique blender over this overpriced sponge that tore apart after 3 days

I've tried all the cheap dupes in hopes of finding something less expensive, but believe me, the real deal is worth it. A true investment.

on 1/2/2018 12:32:00 PM

I've been using this pricey little sponge for almost four years. The people who don't like the beauty blender, from what I can tell, tend to be people who prefer a heavier foundation application. Yes, it makes your foundation go on somewhat sheer, but it is buildable. However, you will probably use more product with this then you would with a brush. Having said that, I find the beauty blender to give a flawless finish (even with cheaper foundations) that I've found in no foundation brush I've ever tried. This is a holy grail product for me for applying liquid foundation, blending out cream contours and highlights, concealer, or applying your bake. I've tried cheaper dupes for this and none of them even come close. BB has a unique texture and firmness that the cheaper sponge applicators can't seem to mimic. However, I do find the traditional white triangle sponge applicators to be an exception. They're almost just as good in my opinion, but due to their smaller size and the fact that they don't last nearly as long as the BB, this one wins for me hands down. Yes, it's ridiculously expensive, but it really will last you a long time if you take care of it. I find that you can use it for longer than the recommended time frame if you look after it properly and make sure to wash and air dry it after each use. I've only ever purchased the original pink ones, but have read that the black pro sponge gives heavier coverage. So that will be my next purchase to test this out. It's worth the money in my opinion.

These things are worth the money. At first, I was reluctant to pay $20.00 for a makeup sponge, so I bought one for less on Ebay. (I know it was the real thing because it came sealed in the original packaging.) Anyway, it really does have a unique texture which is remarkably different from the cheaper sponges I have tried. I saw a review for the original one on Beautypedia reviews and thought I would give it a shot. Now I won't apply foundation without it and I have tried different sizes. It looks tiny, but when wet, expands to twice its size. The moisture is key because that's what gives the sponge the bouncy texture that allows you to apply makeup in a fraction of the time. The sponge doesn't absorb much makeup, which means you use less and more of it ends up on your face. That fact alone would make it worth trying. The real reason to get one of these is because it will make your application flawless with very little effort. The shape makes it easy to blend in corners as well as on cheekbones and wider areas of the face. I recommend checking out Wayne Goss' Youtube channel to see a tutorial for natural foundation using a Beauty Blender. I have also tried the minis, which are ideal for applying cream blush or under eye concealer. As someone who generally dislikes applying makeup, I can say this appliance has made my life a lot easier. It will last a long time as long as you don't leave a damp one in your makeup bag for too long. I found out the hard way it is better to have two so you can allow one to air dry in between uses. Once, I was in a hurry and shoved them in my makeup bag while they were still damp. By the time I remembered, they had mold damage. Now I think you can never have too many of these. I highly recommend this product.

on 5/5/2017 12:28:00 AM

I bought my first BB in December last year after reading up so many good reviews about it.

Personally I feel that this sponge really gives an airbrushed finish, and I use it to apply my liquid foundation, concealer, blusher as well as when baking my under eye. I got the black BB as my first one only because it's my favorite color. I also bought the BB liquid cleanser and it really washes out all the stains and whatnots, leaving my BB looking as good as new, each time, every time.

I always use my BB wet and found that it helps with spreading my foundation evenly. It gets a little tiring on the hand whenever I use the bouncing motion to apply my foundation but hey the finish is what matters! I was devastated when my toddler got hold of my BB which I left on my make up table for drying, and tear off the tip of it! Not wanting to be left feeling helpless, I went on to purchase the set of 5 at a bargain price from Sephora. Now I have 6 BBs in my drawer but I have not touched the new ones yet as I am still using my first one despite it missing the tip and all. Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to all my friends.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools