beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

I wear double wear foundation and usually apply with a brush but decided to try the beatyblendee I got the original pink one and followed the instruction of wetting it wringing it and using it and yes my foundation was nice but it definitely didn't give as much coverage and I was using more foundation than I normally do. It is also quite time consuming to put on. I also noticed that it wasn't staying in place as well as it normally did when I was using a brush. So after about 2 weeks of using it one morning I thought I'd revert back to my brush and decide which I prefer and the brush has won hands down I had good even heavy coverage that stayed in place all day was quicker to use and only used half the amount of the beauty blender. So it's back to my £6.00 foundation brush for me. It may work for you if you prefer a lighter more dewy look but if double wear is your HG then you probably prefer a heavier look so the beauty blender probably isn't for you.

on 4/3/2017 11:56:00 PM

~Things i liked about product
Love the way it applies my makeup

~Things i dislike about product
Too expensive for a sponge
Doesn't really come clean

on 2/24/2017 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I had used the cheaper sponge before this, thinking all sponges do the same job. But I was wrong, I brought the original to give it a go and I never had a sponge that do a great job. I always wash my sponge after I used. well at least alternately. As I washed, the sponge looks like new. No product lingering unlike the cheap dupes. I was really amazed. I would buy again, but I don't think we need to giving the excellent job in cleaning. when cleaning it, the dye bleeds out, I'm quite worry if in a long run, the color changes. so far I've got this for 3-4mths. Seems good.

on 2/18/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Works great for me. Nice finish and applies smoothly. It's a little expensive nut I would buy it again

I was avoiding purchasing this for about a year and a half because of its price. And I've been trying dupes in the meanwhile. However, I just couldn't resist the urge anymore.
The hype is real, as no other sponge I've tried compares to this. I used to think all sponges were the same, because it's only a sponge after all. But I studied the topic and realized that this sponge has an "open cell structure" technology that the brand claims is unique and that I assume is copyrighted, so the other dupes can't come close to it. And from experience I can say it's true, from observing the following:
- It's so much softer than other dupes
- Very easy to clean compared to dupes
- Doesn't absorb much product as other dupes
I use the BB mainly for applying CONCEALERS and high coverage foundations which normally look cakey if applied with a brush. The BB reduces the texture left by high coverage foundations (in my case, my HG high coverage is Inglot HD foundation) and improves their appearance on the skin. As for light to medium coverage foundations (in my case my HG light coverage foundation is the Bourjois Healthy mix/radiance reveal foundation) I still prefer applying them with a brush because, even the one and only BB will absorb most of it. But I really adore the BB for concealer application. I wash it with dish washer and olive oil after every application and it's still not stained!
I give it 4 lippies because of its high price, but i understand why it's pricey. Being a copyright product with that "unique" technology. But if you ask me if it really makes a difference being the original BB, my answer is yes.

on 1/25/2017 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Applies foundation in a second, looks natural. What else do I need? I would forever use it.

i use a drugstore brand bc they are cheaper and it works just as good. but I do have to admit that the bb was the brand that started this trend and this type of products gives your makeup the best finish possible. airbrushed look w absolutely no streaks or uneven areas

I have purchased 4 Beauty Blenders (2 Original Pink and 2 Pro Black) at $28 CAD each. They're absolutely amazing. They're incredibly soft and blend foundation and concealer very well, but they're still durable (I've only developed some tearing in 2 of the 4 sponges after using them for about a year and a half each). Beauty Blender claims you need to replace the sponge after about 3 months of use, but I find with proper cleaning, they tend to last about a year or so. They are expensive, but for the results and longevity, I think they're completely worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools