Aveeno Moisturizing Bar

Aveeno Moisturizing Bar

4.2

Oat Flour (Avena Sativa), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 1/3/2017 1:38:00 AM

I have bought so many cleansers over the past few months because my skin has been horrible. This is working very well, no more dry patches, acne healing, pores smaller. I've bought very expensive cleansers and this is the only one I've seen a big difference.

on 11/20/2016 9:30:00 AM

As a big fan of skincare, I have tried numerous different brands - both high end and drug store and this soap bar is so far at the top. It's fairly cheap (around $5 CAD at a drugstore) and lasts quite a while.

I have sensitive combination skin with dry cheeks and an oily t zone area, for example. This product doesn't clog my pores and does a great job at cleansing my skin. Because this product does not have any artificial fragrance, it doesn't dry out the skin. But because this is a soap bar, you must follow with toner and moisturizer immediately after. I personally use this cleanser -> Lush Eau Roma Water -> homemade coconut oil moisturizer

I also recommend getting a soap dish that drains water to prolong the life of your cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this bar of soap! I have purchased it repeatedly for years. It only cost about $3 at most grocery or drugstores. My skin is sensitive and fair so my face will turn red if it's irritated at all. This soap has been very soothing to my skin. Colloidal Oatmeal is a wonderful ingredient for sensitive skin. It calms my skin and reduces redness. Also this soap does not irritate my face at all. It does not strip my skin or give a squeaky clean feeling. However, my face does feel very clean but not tight after I use it. It does not provide ample moisture in my opinion, but does not make my face feel dry at all.
I use this soap at night to remove my makeup and wash off my body. I usually wash my face twice with this to get every trace of makeup off. It even does pretty well taking off my mascara and what it doesn't get I remove with a drop of coconut oil around my eyes if any eye makeup is left. I follow up this soap by using a moisturizing gentle face cleanser. Right now I'm enjoying Olay's Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser but if my face is extremely dry I use First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (which also has the ingredient colloidal oatmeal).
I have never liked bar soap until this one. All the rest have been too harsh for my body and especially my face. This bar though is such a find! It's cheap, gentle, and I will continuing buying it. I highly recommend it as a first step in a face cleansing routine for sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this cleanser! Easily my favorite of all the cleansers I've ever used. I love that the bar itself has some exfoliating properties due to the oat kernels, but the best part about this cleanser is simply that it's a bar soap that I can use with a cloth, that's actually good for my skin. The clean that I can achieve with a cloth is superior to that which can be achieved by just cleansing with my hands -- as confirmed by the toner pad! This cleanser smells sweet and earthy... like coffee? Dark chocolate? Something in that category. The only hitch is that as this is a bar soap, moisture does need to be applied pretty soon after cleansing or else you may experience some dryness. Otherwise, this cleanser is perfect!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a bar of soap so of course I used it on my body as well as my face. It lathers into a rich, creamy sensation & leaves my face and body feeling really soft, clean and not stripped. It doesn't clog my pores which is good since I am so prone to face and body breakouts. Best of all, this bar of soap doesn't leave an awful film on the bottom of my tub which is the number one sign to show that this soap won't leave any residue on your skin. Cheap, moisturizing and melts fast but due to the cheap price I couldn't care less. This does have a spicy fragrance due to the natural ingridients but it is "Fragrance Free" because of the lack of ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE in the ingridients list.

on 12/7/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this Aveeno moisturizing bar. I use in the morning. In the evening, I use the positively radiant cleanser. This bar is gentle and non drying and brightens my skin. Love the smell. This by far is the best facial bar out there.

on 12/5/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this as a body soap for the last couple of years and I really like how gentle it is. I have dry sensitive skin and this soap is very lightly exfoliating and keeps my skin from drying out, I still have to use lotion on my legs in winter though. It doesn't seem to contain a lot of the harsh chemicals as many soaps do. No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is the reason I bought this soap in the first place. I tried using it as a face wash for a couple of weeks and I didn't really get the results I was hoping for. My face is very sensitive and this made it kind of red and dry. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't work as well on my face as it does for the rest of my body. I wish the bar didn't dissolve so quickly, if you leave it in the shower it will become mushy and fall apart.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has become my favourite thing ever for cleansing my face and I have never been a fan of bar cleansers! I've been using this both morning and night for about a month and a half now and for the first time in my life I'm not interested in trying out any other cleansers anymore. I used to always remove my makeup separately before getting in the shower at night but now this is all I use. It removes my everyday makeup perfectly (powder, concealer, bronzer/blush, mascara) but I usually cleanse with it twice if I've been wearing makeup just to make sure. My skin is almost always left feeling at least slightly tight and dry no matter what cleanser I've used but this Aveeno bar has left my skin the most comfortable it's ever felt after cleansing yet I still feel completely fresh and clean (unlike with, say, Cetaphil for example). This bar really leaves my skin looking and feeling calm and balanced and after cleansing with this my skin tone always looks a bit more even (no redness). It doesn't act like a typical bar of soap (no squeaky feeling when rinsing it off, it rinses so easily and rinses completely clean). I have really clog prone skin too and haven't had any problems with this at all (and I've tried Dove beauty bar before and it clogged me within 2 uses) and ever since I started using this my skin has looked the best it has in a really really long time. I'll buy this again and again and actually just started using my second bar (thats probably the one con I can think of, twice a day use of a bar lasted me only a month and a half).

on 9/3/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I put that I'd buy this product again, although I'm not 100% sure.

Aveeno's oatmeal soap bar is a good product for a very decent price, but I have found other bar soaps that perform better and last a lot longer. I currently buy my facial soaps from Chagrin Valley, and you can find reviews on their products here on MUA. If you want something available localy and affordably, this would not be a bad choice, however. Sensitive skinned people should give it a go.

My skin: Highly reactive, dry, acneic, very sensitive. It's also thin from long term retinol usage so I can't be harsh w/it or it easily splits/peels.

The good:
- First ingredient listed for this bar of soap is oat flour! Excellent - it's well known for calming irritated skin, and since the oats are so finely milled, you can feel the grittiness of the soap which helps exfoliate your skin, but doesn't scratch your face to bits. I really enjoyed using the bar directly on my face.
- No colourants, no fragrance.
- Pretty mild, so it's good for sensitive or irritated skin. When my face was windburnt or raw, it didn't sting my face when used, although it did feel more uncofortable than my current superfatted soaps.

The meh:
- I don't know if it's the 'soapless' formula or if Aveeno simply does not let their soaps mature enough, but the bar is soft pretty much from the get go. A true bar of soap is firmer than what this feels, and doesn't melt into a mess too easily. I protected my bar of soap and let it dry after every single use, and it still lasted me a fraction of the time that my current soapbars last me. If you like this product I suggest you get the 2 pack because you will need the backup pretty soon.

The not so good:
- The product has two claims: moisturising properties, and leaving your skn soft. In my opinion, this does neither. My skin does not feel stripped, but claiming moisturising properties is a bit much. Because it doesn't moisturise, the skin just feels nice and clean, not soft or plump. This is great for gently cleaning skin, like a good basic soap should.

Some things to note: this will not remove your make up, nor does it claim to. It's best used after you've used your make-up remover method of choice, or as a morning cleanser. If you have dryish skin like mine, this will not let you skip moisturiser. Very oily people, however, can probably get away with it. YMMV.

Credit where it is due, though - the bar does a good job cleansing your face without being too harsh, and is a great basic, low irritant soap. Just don't expect it to do everything it says in the package. If your skin gives you grief and reacts to everything, this is a good soap to try.

on 8/24/2014 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am sooo sad that this product makes my skin SEVERLY dry. Moisturizing bar??? HOW?

I have combination skin and break out SOOO easily and have acne that i have been trying to get rid of. This bar actually makes my acne better as it reduces it as well as inflamation! That is why I am sooo sad it makes my skin so dry. I had to stop using it ;/

EDIT: this stuff dries out my skin so much that I had to stop using it