Aveeno Moisturizing Bar

Aveeno Moisturizing Bar

4.2

Oat Flour (Avena Sativa), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Phew, the 2.97 price of this soap vs the $15 clinique facial soap is a relief. On a superficial level, this bar of soap looks nicer than the clinique soap bar, and feels nicer too (I love the feel of the oatmeal).

I have oily skin, so saying this bar didn't dry me out isn't going to mean much to someone with dry skin. I do like that it removes most of my makeup (the clinique soap had a hard time doing this) so I'm pretty pleased

I love that the ingredients are gentle and the pH is at 5.5 (same as skin)

on 6/7/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My facial skin is dry. I use a rinse-of lotion cleanser six days a week, but on the seventh I like to use Aveeno Moisturizing Bar to thoroughly clean my skin. Most bars leave my skin feeling dry the next day, but with Aveeno my skin gets a good cleansing and there's no dryness that day or the next.

on 1/3/2017 1:38:00 AM

I have bought so many cleansers over the past few months because my skin has been horrible. This is working very well, no more dry patches, acne healing, pores smaller. I've bought very expensive cleansers and this is the only one I've seen a big difference.

on 11/20/2016 9:30:00 AM

As a big fan of skincare, I have tried numerous different brands - both high end and drug store and this soap bar is so far at the top. It's fairly cheap (around $5 CAD at a drugstore) and lasts quite a while.

I have sensitive combination skin with dry cheeks and an oily t zone area, for example. This product doesn't clog my pores and does a great job at cleansing my skin. Because this product does not have any artificial fragrance, it doesn't dry out the skin. But because this is a soap bar, you must follow with toner and moisturizer immediately after. I personally use this cleanser -> Lush Eau Roma Water -> homemade coconut oil moisturizer

I also recommend getting a soap dish that drains water to prolong the life of your cleanser.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this bar of soap! I have purchased it repeatedly for years. It only cost about $3 at most grocery or drugstores. My skin is sensitive and fair so my face will turn red if it's irritated at all. This soap has been very soothing to my skin. Colloidal Oatmeal is a wonderful ingredient for sensitive skin. It calms my skin and reduces redness. Also this soap does not irritate my face at all. It does not strip my skin or give a squeaky clean feeling. However, my face does feel very clean but not tight after I use it. It does not provide ample moisture in my opinion, but does not make my face feel dry at all.
I use this soap at night to remove my makeup and wash off my body. I usually wash my face twice with this to get every trace of makeup off. It even does pretty well taking off my mascara and what it doesn't get I remove with a drop of coconut oil around my eyes if any eye makeup is left. I follow up this soap by using a moisturizing gentle face cleanser. Right now I'm enjoying Olay's Gentle Clean Foaming Cleanser but if my face is extremely dry I use First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (which also has the ingredient colloidal oatmeal).
I have never liked bar soap until this one. All the rest have been too harsh for my body and especially my face. This bar though is such a find! It's cheap, gentle, and I will continuing buying it. I highly recommend it as a first step in a face cleansing routine for sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this cleanser! Easily my favorite of all the cleansers I've ever used. I love that the bar itself has some exfoliating properties due to the oat kernels, but the best part about this cleanser is simply that it's a bar soap that I can use with a cloth, that's actually good for my skin. The clean that I can achieve with a cloth is superior to that which can be achieved by just cleansing with my hands -- as confirmed by the toner pad! This cleanser smells sweet and earthy... like coffee? Dark chocolate? Something in that category. The only hitch is that as this is a bar soap, moisture does need to be applied pretty soon after cleansing or else you may experience some dryness. Otherwise, this cleanser is perfect!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a bar of soap so of course I used it on my body as well as my face. It lathers into a rich, creamy sensation & leaves my face and body feeling really soft, clean and not stripped. It doesn't clog my pores which is good since I am so prone to face and body breakouts. Best of all, this bar of soap doesn't leave an awful film on the bottom of my tub which is the number one sign to show that this soap won't leave any residue on your skin. Cheap, moisturizing and melts fast but due to the cheap price I couldn't care less. This does have a spicy fragrance due to the natural ingridients but it is "Fragrance Free" because of the lack of ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE in the ingridients list.

on 12/7/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this Aveeno moisturizing bar. I use in the morning. In the evening, I use the positively radiant cleanser. This bar is gentle and non drying and brightens my skin. Love the smell. This by far is the best facial bar out there.

on 12/5/2014 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this as a body soap for the last couple of years and I really like how gentle it is. I have dry sensitive skin and this soap is very lightly exfoliating and keeps my skin from drying out, I still have to use lotion on my legs in winter though. It doesn't seem to contain a lot of the harsh chemicals as many soaps do. No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which is the reason I bought this soap in the first place. I tried using it as a face wash for a couple of weeks and I didn't really get the results I was hoping for. My face is very sensitive and this made it kind of red and dry. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't work as well on my face as it does for the rest of my body. I wish the bar didn't dissolve so quickly, if you leave it in the shower it will become mushy and fall apart.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has become my favourite thing ever for cleansing my face and I have never been a fan of bar cleansers! I've been using this both morning and night for about a month and a half now and for the first time in my life I'm not interested in trying out any other cleansers anymore. I used to always remove my makeup separately before getting in the shower at night but now this is all I use. It removes my everyday makeup perfectly (powder, concealer, bronzer/blush, mascara) but I usually cleanse with it twice if I've been wearing makeup just to make sure. My skin is almost always left feeling at least slightly tight and dry no matter what cleanser I've used but this Aveeno bar has left my skin the most comfortable it's ever felt after cleansing yet I still feel completely fresh and clean (unlike with, say, Cetaphil for example). This bar really leaves my skin looking and feeling calm and balanced and after cleansing with this my skin tone always looks a bit more even (no redness). It doesn't act like a typical bar of soap (no squeaky feeling when rinsing it off, it rinses so easily and rinses completely clean). I have really clog prone skin too and haven't had any problems with this at all (and I've tried Dove beauty bar before and it clogged me within 2 uses) and ever since I started using this my skin has looked the best it has in a really really long time. I'll buy this again and again and actually just started using my second bar (thats probably the one con I can think of, twice a day use of a bar lasted me only a month and a half).