4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I love this product! I have dry sensitive skin and decided to try this out and was impressed! The bar feels amazing on my face its really soothing to my irrated skin and cleans really well too but at the same time moisturizing. Its affordable too, I will continue to use this product!

SkinDry, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

Has anyone used this for their face? I mean, I know it's intended for corporal use but this stuff is amazing! Oatmeal is great for reducing inflamatory symptoms of the skin, so I have used it in the past two days for cleansing my face after removing my makeup. Boy this soap is great! My sister recommended I used it since she's a big fan of natural products. The effects of this oatmeal bar were visible in an instant. Face redness reduced a lot, my hormonal pimples at the top of my right cheek dried off and fell the next day, the gunk from my pores surfaced and my skin was very calmed and soft. I was pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot!

About reviewer (399 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Wow this soap is HG status Ahmazing it works well with Aveeno positively radiant intensive night cream.

Age30-35

SkinOily, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

3.0
from

6 years ago

I really wanted to like this soap bar but unfortunately it's really drying on my skin..it's not really moisturizing but it does clean well...

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairGrey

EyesGray

2.0

6 years ago

I wanted to like this product because I'm a fan of cheap, simple skincare, but my face didn't like this soap. I'm a longtime Dove bar user and like it pretty well, but I thought this bar might be more friendly to my winter-y dry, sensitive skin since it contains oatmeal, and because it's called a "moisturizing bar." Unfortunately that wasn't the case. The bar smells fine, and the slight "scrubby-ness" of the oats feels nice, but it really dried out my skin. I thought my skin might just need to acclimate to it, but after a week, the flakiness has gotten really frustrating, and is clogging my pores and causing breakouts. I'll use up this bar in the shower since the rest of my body seems to tolerate it, but it's not going anywhere near my face again.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

6 years ago

I tried this soap a couple of weeks ago, and I think I may have been allergic to one of the ingredients...my face started burning slightly when I washed my face with this soap, even though it's supposed to be hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin. It also dried my face out a bit, so that didn't help with my irritated skin :/ My face was red for two days after using it u.u I'm really not a fan of bar soaps, but this one especially has convinced me to stop using them for good.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

The ingredients for this product are as follows: This is my go-to cleanser whenever my skin is irritated or whenever I am washing in hard water. This bar is detergent-based rather than soap-based and provides a gentle but thorough cleansing at the skin's proper pH (5.5) vs. soaps which have an alkaline pH and can dry skin or cause the formation of soap scum in hard water areas. This is fragrance-free and affordable and being a bar, it does not have packaging which I appreciate from an environmental standpoint. My one quibble with this is the fact that it is produced by Aveeno, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson and is therefore not cruelty-free, a trait I prefer in products I purchase. The only other bar similar to this is A-Derma's Dermatological Skin Bar; however, that would require ordering from France and costs make the Aveeno a better choice all around.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0
from

7 years ago

This bar wasn't anything special. In fact the first few says I've used this it left my skin looking really flakey between my eyebrows and nose. I've used this for about 2 months with no improvement to my skin, it actually made my skin look dull. It just really dried out my skin even though its called a "moisturizing bar". It didn't help with any breakouts but it didn't make them any worse which I'm glad. I'll continue to use this on my body until it finishes, but will not repurchase. This was just way too drying for my already dry skin.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

7 years ago

I have just encountered a serious adult acne breakout with dry skin about a month ago where everything I was using to wash my face was burning and making it so red. Then I bought this bar and have been using it morning and night. It has calmed and cleared my skin considerably in the past 3 days of using it so far. I tried everything, even Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and this bar is the only thing that has helped my skin come back to its normal balance-finally! No burning and no redness! I've also been put on epiduo too which this soap is very compatible with. I reccomend for anyone who is experiencing a change in your skin and needs to help it come back to balance.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

7 years ago

I've been using dove soap on my face & recently found out body soaps might too strong on the face. So after reading bar soap reviews for the face, I came across this one. Honestly, I love it. The smell isn't bad and it cleans your face so well. Since it's a face soap, it's not made up of strong chemicals so it won't be harsh on the face. I did not break out yet and I plan on using this for a very long time. Big fan of Aveeno! :)

SkinNormal, Medium