Deciem NIOD Survival 0

Deciem NIOD Survival 0

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Squalane, Inulin, Algae Extract, Alpha-glucan oligosaccharide, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Superoxide Dismutase, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Xanthophyll, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Polygonum Aviculare Extract, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Padina Pavonica Thallus Extract, Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Melanin, Sucrose, Tapioca Starch, Propanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Tromethamine, Triethanolamine, Polyurethane-34, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

on 8/28/2018 10:41:00 AM

I am enjoying trying new (and affordable) products offered by Deciem, and their NIOD brand is no exception. I wanted to try their Survival 0 and Survival 30, but at the time only the basic NIOD Survival 0 was available. The NIOD Survival 0 is an antioxidant serum that can be used with or on it's own from the Survival SPF's. My first couple weeks of use I applied at night after essence but before moisturizers. This has a light liquid-y texture and absorbs quickly. This does have a bit of color to it so I would not recommend using this if you are wearing very light colored clothes because this can transfer slightly. I must say that using this has given my skin an extra bit of glow to it, and this never caused me to breakout which was a good thing. This also layered quite well and never pilled. I started using this in the morning before applying sunscreen and primer, this was a good addition because it hydrated my skin but never made it look shiny or greasy, and again never caused any pilling. I'm also a fan of the new packaging in which NIOD now uses for their entire Survival Collection- instead of the dropper bottle they now use an open/close pump bottle- much more convenient for travelling and storing. My video review can be seen here:

I got Survival 0 together with Survival 30 sunscreen as the concept of an antioxidant treatment intrigued me. It's really nice. In bottle and less so on skin it smells herbal/metallic (faintly reminiscent of tomatoes), but it's not strong or lingering. Texture wise it's lightweight gel-fluid, maybe a tad tacky finish, but it absorbs into skin almost within seconds. I use about 3 droppers full on face alone, it's that lightweight. The hydrating effect of Survival 0 is consistent with that of other amino acid loaded products (the slightly tacky, but silk smooth feel, but that is also partially due to glycerin). It's not like the way hyaluronic acid products hydrate skin and plump up fine lines visibly, but the effect is really nice (I generally use an additional hyaluronic product (Hada Labo) under Survival 0). The most noticeable instant effect is the warm tint, though. It's probably the carotenoids. The tint instantly makes skin look more glow-y (washes off, though). That together with the hydrating ingredients alone make Survival 0 a killer product to use on dehydrated and tired, dull skin. Other great effect is, when used overnight, visibly brighter and more even skin tone the next morning which impresses me, as there are so few products that do that to me (a good ascorbic acid or green tea product and a few Sisley products have similar effect). The effect doesn't stack up though, at least not so far, and seems to be temporary, but it's just a skin care product, so I take whatever benefit I can get. No breakouts, no irritations, in fact Survival 0 is actually somewhat calming. I'm seriously considering adding Survival 0 to my routine permanently (maybe both AM and PM), there's nothing horribly bad about this product so far (the dropper bottle doesn't bother me with this as it does with the Survival 30 sunscreen). Survival 0 does seems to transfer to light fabrics a bit, though, but I wear a metric ton of make-up anyhow, so it doesn't shock me to find pigments on clothes, but it's worth noting. EDIT: After going through the whole bottle I don't see it has made a lasting difference to my skin, not in a way a proven antioxidant like ascorbic acid would so it doesn't make the cut. It's a nice addition, but not a powerful workhorse.

Video Reviews & Tutorials