Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

4.3

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.

on 4/15/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

The first time I used this on bare, dry skin after showering at night, the skin near my eyes broke out in hives, an actual rash of irritated skin. My left eye also got kind of red. But this was my first time using any kind of acid on my skin, I've never used anything but rose hip oil and spf on my skin, so I think my skin just wasn't ready. The second time I used a tiny bit and mixed it with coconut oil (I have combination/dry skin), and that went on fine without any side effects. After 2-3 uses I think my skin does look brighter. I and can also see slight clearing up of minor hyper pigmentation on my cheek. My whiteheads have also decreased a lot, including those annoying tiny bumps in the crease of my nose. Bear in mind I have been using this with the Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA. This is just my first week of use.

Video Reviews & Tutorials