Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.8

It vanished the texture from my skin and that says a lot for me since I have really oily skin and I normaly need to exfoliate quite often. The next morning after using it my face feels so smooth. I have not noticed any difference to my acne scarring but it may be too early for that.
Over all if you have oily skin and texture problem you NEED to try it, especially considering the price.

on 2/5/2019 8:35:00 AM

I am using the azelaic acid rather than their salycilic beacause I already used perscripted salycilic acid and it didn't do anything for me.
This is very effective for oily skin. It's also an excellent primer as it mattyfies the skin. Keeps those occasional pimples away, it's really great. I am not very found of the packaging though, it's hard to get the product out there. Don't forget to avoid the sun while using this, acids and sunlight really don't mix.

this product works i swear, my skin is has improved so much, clearing blemishes and my pores are smooth, makeup goes on well in fact i don need to put any foundation!

on 1/5/2019 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I normally dont review products, but i really liked this. At first i didnt know what to feel about it, as it kinda goes on as a silicone, or at least very smooth like a makeup primer or something but in a dry way. This made me think it didnt sink into my skin very well, but over time using it i noticed that small bumbs were dissapearing. Im talking about those small millia and irritation bumbs you get from wearing makeup and highlighter especially, even my skins texture was improving. To sum it up, not a miracle, but i have super acne prone sensitive skin, with little acne. So almost anything breaks me out or clogs my tiny pores, and have found myself going back to this product, every time i need my skin texture looking smoother and not feeling as thick and lumpy.
Only con, its hard to get the last product out of the tube, kinda like dr jart's or a toothpaste

on 12/1/2018 11:08:00 PM

I am glad I purchased this because it is helping with brightening and fading acne scars. I have been trying to improve my skincare by introducing actives, and I heard that this is a good OTC azelaic acid product, so when I saw it on Beautybay.com, I snatched it up. I have heard from other reviewers that this formulation is thick and doesn`t spread easily on the skin, but personally, I haven`t had that problem. I don`t really use tons of it, just a tiny dollop from which I apply small pin tip portions all over my face, followed with a massage. I use it every other night right after applying Niacinamide (from the same brand), and so far I haven`t experienced any adverse reactions. I alternate my Niacinamide+Azelaic Acid with Niacinamide/Differin at night. In the mornings I use Resveratrol/Ferulic Acid mixed with Vitamin C daily. This routine was introduced slowly, because it can be irritating, and now this is working fine with no breakouts or irritation, so I am doing it on an every day basis. I have already repurchased back-ups of this acid.

on 11/15/2018 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

MY ROSACEA: I'm 45 and have had rosacea for 25 years. It's been getting worse since I hit my 40s. On top of redness on my cheeks, nose and chin, I developed little bumps, pustules and almost every pore near my nose and chin were enlarged, angry and red. In the winter I get small dry red plaques on my cheeks. I don't flush unless I try new products, drink alcohol or go outside in strong winter winds.

It was getting more difficult to cover my rosacea with makeup as my oily T zone developed a top layer of rough broken skin that my foundation accentuated. Last month I bought a bunch of new things to try base on reviews here and on YouTube.

I never write reviews, because most products never help, at best they just didn't make things worse. I've seen such improvements in the last month I had to come here and share.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR - PM routine:

Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid - 1 month
Ordinary Rosehip Oil - 1 month
Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA - 1 week
Ordinary Azelaic Acid - 1 week

RESULTS SO FAR:
I can't believe it, after 1 month the texture of my skin is the best since I was a teenager. It is smooth and hydrated and this is happening as the temperatures have dropped to winter levels!!! The bumps are reduced by 80%, my redness by at least 60% and my pores have shrunk and are no longer irritated. All of this for less than $30 CND. I noticed improvements as I introduced each new products, so it's not just one thing working, it seems to be the combo.

AZELAIC ACID:
I find it's best to gently tap this on last after applying a moisterizer. It's quite drying otherwise. I just tap a thin layer into my red areas each night. The other products helped with the bumps, but this has sped up the process.

on 10/26/2018 12:16:00 PM

Really like this product - helps to brighten my skin tone. I am oily and have mini breakouts regularly - I find this really helps to heal my breakouts and even out my skin tone. I think to get the full benefit it is important to ensure you exfoliate your skin regularly (in combination with a regular cleanse, tone and moisturise regime) otherwise it won’t make much difference to dead skin cells. For the price, it’s a good pick me up for the skin.

I initially was super into this bc it definitely brightened my skin, however after a couple of months I was noticing tiny...papules I guess would be the most accurate description on my skin - not everywhere, just a couple on my face? They would surface and go within a couple of days, then come back! It was weird.

So I stopped using it for a day and it literally stopped...so I don't know - it might be fine for people with non-acne prone skin?
My skin is combo. Pretty disappointed bc the price is so great, I might try the Paula's Choice one but worried the same thing might happen anyway!

on 10/13/2018 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was willing to give this a shot given that I’ve used azelaic acid in prescription form before. The price point is great and the design of the whole Ordinary line is visually appealing. But as for results- this is supposed to improve visible brightness and the appearance of skin texture, both things my skin needs- this did not deliver. I didn’t care for the nutty scent, which seems to have dissipated over time, nor did I care about the constant balling up. Blobs of this product remained on my fingers as I unsuccessfully tried to smooth this over my face without it pilling everywhere. After yet another catastrophic failure with this product after prepping my face with several other products, I’m done. I’m not going to waste any more time trying to baby this so it won’t ruin the rest of my skincare routine. I wouldn’t buy anything else from this line even if it remained in business.

on 10/12/2018 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I use several Deciem products but this is one of my absolute favourites. It goes on so easily, never greasy or rubbery. Just a smooth, soothing cream / serum that goes on beautifully over my Matrixyl and under my daily SPF. I really hope the recent news of Deciem closing shop isn’t true.