3.8

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

a month ago

I bought this product to help with the redness I have in my t-zone area and to brighten my complexion overall. I did not notice any difference and I think it slightly aggravated my dry skin. My face became a bit rougher on the cheeks and the redness didn't decrease. I stopped using it and the dryness and texture of my skin has improved. It didn't wreck my complexion, but I did not see any signs of improvement. I do not favor the texture of this product either. It feels like silicone primer and I prefer a moisturizing, lotion-like product. Overall, I didn't find this product to be effective for me. The price point and packaging are excellent though.

About reviewer (267 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

6 months ago

This really helped with my adult acne and rosecea. It helped clear some old acne scars too. It's non greasy

About reviewer (121 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2.0
from

6 months ago

I've used perscription azelaic acids before and it worked really well to clear my acne but was so very expensive. I thought maybe I would get something comparable to that but aside from a tingling sensation, nothing happened. My acne isn't bad, I get one pimple during pms so maybe it's because I really don't need to use it anymore anyways.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 months ago

I have acne prone skin with lots of PIH from old acne spots. I was trying all sorts of acids to get rid of it. First started BHA but this didnt do anything for my spots and made my face dry, thight and uncomfortably shiny. Glycolic acid worked well as an exfoliater but I could not use it more than 2x week without irritation so i didnt see a difference in acne/PIH. Then my sister gave this to me because she didnt like it. I first tried it in place of a moisturiser but found it way to drying and irritating. Now I use it over my moisturiser and it works great! Less irritation, no pilling, no weird texture or feeling on the skin etc...I use it every other night: a pea size amount that i dot over my face and gently spread out. + smooths out my skin and closed comedones + eases down inflammed zits + exfoliates flakes + slight lightening of PIH (don't use it long enough though to see a huge difference) + smooth silicony texture that spreads out very easily + less redness, more eventoned skin + affordable (€8)and easily accessable online(otherwise it is so hard to come by an azeliac acid product that is OTC!) + aesthetically pleasing packaging - small amount (30 ml) - tube makes it hard to get everything out (would prefer airless pump) - cannot buy in physical store (in my country)

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

This was my introduction to azelaic acid, which I think has been good for my mild rosacea. After two bottles, I switched up to a 15% and now 20% product (not from The Ordinary). I used this after moisturizer and had no stinging, pilling, or any issues with it. I think taking a small amount and dotting it around helps. I will mention that I don't think it helped the few sun spots on my face at all, but if you dab it on a pimple, it does help.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

I love how this makes my skin feel, although admittedly I don't see much difference in 'brightening' (the ALA serum is much better for that). This is like a light weight cream formula that completely vanishes into my skin without leaving any tacky after feel. I instantly feel a light tingle when I apply, almost like a tightening feeling, but nothing major. By the next morning ( I use on a night) my skin, especially the more bumpier areas such as my nose and forehead, feel a lot smoother. and my skin texture looks better. Would prefer to use in the morning too but I try not to use AHA or acid-based products during the day due to how harsh the sun can be around here. Even being super diligent with sunscreen I still end up perspiring it off whenever the humidity creeps up and end up with exposed skin. No thanks, will stick to nightly use! Best alternated with the ALA serum for both a smoother texture and brighter tone. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Athletes Foot Treatment: 'Margaret Dabbs' - Foot Hygiene Cream 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

9 months ago

I have tried out majority of the Ordinary products and they usually are either hit or miss for me. Azelaic Acid Suspension is one of my favorite products from the brand (repurchased twice). I do not have rosacea or much redness in my skin, but I do suffer from mild form of hyper-pigmentation. I have tried out really many different products tackling this issue (from different recommended acids to certain types of oils), but three things that are helping me the most are: sunscreen, vitamin C, and azelaic acid. While sun protection and vitamin C affect my uneven skin color slowly, over the longer periods of time, I've seen some noticeable results using the Ordinary's Azelaic Acid after just a few applications. The suspension is a little thick (not very easy to spread in my opinion), feels sort of silicony on my face and definitely leaves some film, does not get absorbed very fast nor fully. Therefore, I prefer to use it in the evenings, on my clean bear skin and with nothing on top. Currently, I am using it about 3 times a week, but I'll probably increase the usage in summer. Everyone's skin is different and what works for me might not work for others, but I think it is totally worth trying for such an affordable price (around 7 euros in Europe for a 30 ml tube).

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

10 months ago

What a total disappointment. I saw people promoting this cream on youtube for rosacea which I have so I got some on Amazon. The tiny tube was $15. I had never tried anything from this brand The Ordinary and was excited to try this. People said it worked great on rosacea. I got a tube that was almost empty and the tube was tiny to begin with. Was supposed to be one ounce but it had an amount the size of a pea in it. Amazon gave me a refund for it. And the pea sized amount made my face red all over, the opposite of what I had hoped for. It was a disaster for my skin. Don't be fooled like I was if you see videos on youtube for this.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

10 months ago

I tried this product to fade pigmentation scars, after watching many rave reviews on Youtube. Unfortunately, this did not work on me. I have used it twice a day for about 2-3 weeks now and have not seen any noticeable changes. HOWEVER, I would like to emphasise that this product seemed to have worked on others. And for the low price point, you might as well try it to see if it works for your skin.The product did not break me out. But I did feel like my skin was drier.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

a year ago

I'm so in love with this product! it clears the blemishes overnight, it helps with the redness from rosacea and every morning I wake up with smoother skin. I had to figure out how to use it though, as on bare skin it was drying and the silicones wouldn't allow anything else after that to penetrate. So after a day of two, I put it after the moisturizer and it made all the difference! I use it every morning after moisturizer w spf and before makeup. It acts as an excellent primer so makeup goes on like a dream

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age44-55