Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

on 3/14/2017 10:05:00 AM

I'm pretty into this product. This is my first time trying Azelaic acid. It's a thick-ish white lotion packaged in a 30mL bare-bones squeeze tube. It has Dimethicone high up in the ingredients list, so keep an eye out if you're sensitive. I appreciate that though because this is honestly an amazing primer. It smooths and keeps me matte for hours! So that's a nice side effect. Other than that, I have noticed that the addition of this to my litany of chemical exfoliators (I probably need to take it down a notch tbh) has definitely helped my skin become more even and refined. I like this better than the Ordinary's Lactic Acid, and while I LOVE LOVE their Retinoid, that serves a different purpose.

I have noticed that you need to layer this properly - it can ball up when used with certain other products (ahem, the Ordinary Vit C suspension, looking at you). But it's mostly the other products not working well with IT, not vice versa.

This little tube of goodness is less than $8 - the reason I've never tried Azelaic acid before is that I haven't seen it offered in anything affordable, so I'm really happy I get to try it. I will definitely keep buying and using this.

Note of possible importance: Azelaic acid is derived from wheat (also rye and barley). I was nervous that since I have a gluten sensitivity and celiac runs in my family that somehow I would experience adverse effects - but no, nothing!

on 8/11/2017 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This little thing save my skin. I have sensitive skin with rosacea.ive seen cosmetologist/ doctors who RX antibiotics expressive creams I Chang my diet and nothing worked for years. Finally I went to the beautilish website and read about this product. I purchased it and when it arrived I was scared to use it because it's an acid and my skin is so sensitive. Non the less I did and in a few weeks my skin looked way more even and smooth. I have not had a breakout of rosacea since then. I love the ordinary products just do your research to see what works well for your skin type. I'm greatful this works for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skin type: sensitive dehydrated acne-prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks that can get flaky when I go too crazy with acids (sounds lovely I know)

Currently really liking this one! I found it helped heal some of the congestion in my skin, as well as some minor breakouts. Definitely see some slight brightening effects from this, although I am using in conjunction with other brightening products. I'm so glad The Ordinary came out with an affordable azelaic acid, it's pretty hard to find in Canada. I didn't have any initial breakout with this, and I usually have some sort of initial breakout when start a new product (just my weird skin which doesn't do well with change). The one thing I don't really like with this product is the weird matte, primer-like texture, which I assume is because of the silicones. Some of my skincare products don't layer well over it, but I don't really want to put it as my last step cause it feels like it won't absorb as well. I haven't had any issues using it under my bb creams/ foundations, which all have satin or semi-matte finishes.

Overall a great product for acne-prone skin, and I am definitely repurchasing this!

Edit: updated to 5 stars, this is seriously helping smooth over my textured skin! A lot of my pitted scars are evening out and I'm pretty sure it's this particular acid that's doing most of the work. Will repurchase forever and I hope they never discontinue this!

on 6/6/2018 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: combination/dehydrated with hormonal and sometimes stress-related acne that I have a hard time not picking at.

Now, to preface, I'm not sure exactly what combination of products I'm using is actually doing the work at the moment. I have an idea, of course, but I think it's a combination. Either way, I haven't had skin this nice and clear since I got a severe infection, bordering on sepsis, a couple of years ago and was put on massive amounts of antibiotics. That cleared my skin completely for a while, but it was no fun and antibiotics are HARSH. For the last month or two, though, it's been consistently almost that good, without the side effects.

I think this gem of a product, in combination with a few other things, is what does the magic. All the other products I use have been in my rotation at least slightly longer, but I also feel that a few of them help my skin deal with this product much better, so they're important.

Cleanser: MAC Cleanse Off Oil, sometimes followed with or occasionally alternated with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar hydrating cleanser.
Toner: a generic pharmacy brand hydrating glycerin toner, important, but any will do.
Treatment: Wooden Spoon Troubled Skin Serum, a combination of tamanu oil and marula oil with a few essential oils that helps calm down irritation and helps my skin heal faster, I find. This makes a big difference, without it my skin becomes a little irritated by the azelaic acid product.
Treatment: this, after the oil.
Moisturizer: Avene Skin Recovery Cream.
When needed: Cosrx Pimple Master Patches.

In the morning I just wipe my face with hydrating toner on a cotton pad, spray on some more toner, apply sunscreen (Skin 79 Non-Chemical Sunblock, that one also makes a difference, it seems chemical sunscreen breaks me out a little) and then do my make-up.

I use this most nights, and my skin mostly tolerates it, especially when used with an oil or a moisturiser as a buffer, so to speak. Every now and then I need to give my skin a break, though, and just use very mild, bland products - once or twice a week or every other week, perhaps.

So. Would I recommend this? Yes. It has significantly reduced my hormonal acne. Would I repurchase? Already have. Azelaic acid really works for my skin, it seems.

on 4/26/2017 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Fingers crossed this is the miracle I've been waiting for. Three days is when I usually start feeling the prickling and creeping of new irritation as my rosacea gets worse with new products. I'll admit that I have been terrified of the silicones in face products as they badly affect my hair and scalp - but my face seems to love them. (Hydraluron Jelly and Neuteogena Hydroboost play very nicely with this product, btw). I am hoping it will help stave off more perioral dermatitis as well. So far this sits nicely under foundation, but I have only used a powder mineral one so far. I'm impressed!!!

on 12/13/2017 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Have had mild rosacea since I cld remember. Bought it via Hush app after reading reviews here and over at SkincareAddiction thread in Reddit. As soon as the product arrived, I eagerly dabbed it into my cheeks, nose, and chin. A few hours later, the redness actually went away. I would say about 80 percent gone. So grateful I found this info from you all! Yes it stings or burns a bit but it goes away after a few minutes. A must for those who struggle with mild rosacea! Edit: after few months of use.... it doesn’t seem to improve rosacea after daily use. The first day was WOW but afterward slight improvement.

on 5/5/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Somewhat dried out some existing inflammatory breakouts I was experiencing, but broke me out everywhere else and left my skin very red. I don't do well with silicones so this wasn't a huge surprise, but I was hoping that at least one product I'd ordered from The Ordinary would work as intended...

on 2/10/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this product! I have combination skin with a pretty oily t-zone, redness, and slight discoloration. This product has made a big difference in only a short amount of time already. I use it in the morning in combination with The Ordinary's caffeine product and my face looks bright and fresh. This product doesn't dry my face out but rather keeps it looking fresh and not oily throughout the day. It feels lightweight and wonderful. A little definitely goes a long way, too, which is nice, but that hardly matters at this price point; it doesn't set you back to stock up if you need to. The only skin care regimen I had before was using Nivea religiously in the morning and before bed, so that might be why I've noticed such a big difference already since I hadn't been using anything before this to help with my ruddy complexion. I absolutely love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went on quite a spree at the Ordinary shop in London but I have not opened any other products yet. Several years ago I was a keen user of azelaic acid in my routine but it got pushed aside by other, more exciting products. With this ointment like silicone cream from The Ordinary and 10% concentration - it is time to bring it back!

Azelaic acid works well for my pigmentation (I have gained some over last 39 years despite almost a religious using of a 50 spf sunscreen!), diminishes any post pimple scarring that I have (luckily not much but there are a couple of these pesky darker spots where an old pimple has healed) and some redness that I have in my cheeks. I also like that it has some antioxydative effects too.

It can be a bit drying, especially that this formula comes in a thick, white, very silicone but quite hard to spread cream. One needs to act quickly and after it sinks in, to put some other, more moisturising cream on top. I use it every second night (be careful as it can discolour the pillowcases!) and so far I have noticed a nice smoothness to my skin, a bit less blackheads but not any lightening of my pigmentation freckles yet.

So far then, I'm giving it 3 lippies = good packaging, price and accessibility (in Poland there are many creams with that ingredient in quite high doses available over the counter, not in Scotland). As for results, I'll need to wait at least 8 weeks or at least to finish off my first tube.