Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.6

on 6/6/2018 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My skin: combination/dehydrated with hormonal and sometimes stress-related acne that I have a hard time not picking at.

Now, to preface, I'm not sure exactly what combination of products I'm using is actually doing the work at the moment. I have an idea, of course, but I think it's a combination. Either way, I haven't had skin this nice and clear since I got a severe infection, bordering on sepsis, a couple of years ago and was put on massive amounts of antibiotics. That cleared my skin completely for a while, but it was no fun and antibiotics are HARSH. For the last month or two, though, it's been consistently almost that good, without the side effects.

I think this gem of a product, in combination with a few other things, is what does the magic. All the other products I use have been in my rotation at least slightly longer, but I also feel that a few of them help my skin deal with this product much better, so they're important.

Cleanser: MAC Cleanse Off Oil, sometimes followed with or occasionally alternated with the La Roche-Posay Effaclar hydrating cleanser.
Toner: a generic pharmacy brand hydrating glycerin toner, important, but any will do.
Treatment: Wooden Spoon Troubled Skin Serum, a combination of tamanu oil and marula oil with a few essential oils that helps calm down irritation and helps my skin heal faster, I find. This makes a big difference, without it my skin becomes a little irritated by the azelaic acid product.
Treatment: this, after the oil.
Moisturizer: Avene Skin Recovery Cream.
When needed: Cosrx Pimple Master Patches.

In the morning I just wipe my face with hydrating toner on a cotton pad, spray on some more toner, apply sunscreen (Skin 79 Non-Chemical Sunblock, that one also makes a difference, it seems chemical sunscreen breaks me out a little) and then do my make-up.

I use this most nights, and my skin mostly tolerates it, especially when used with an oil or a moisturiser as a buffer, so to speak. Every now and then I need to give my skin a break, though, and just use very mild, bland products - once or twice a week or every other week, perhaps.

So. Would I recommend this? Yes. It has significantly reduced my hormonal acne. Would I repurchase? Already have. Azelaic acid really works for my skin, it seems.

I’m in complete skin heaven! This is a miracle. My skin was breaking out, had red acne scars, and an uneven skin tone. In two weeks, my skin is absolutely amazing from Azelaic acid. The Ordinary does a great job with this product. My skin handles nothing well and I am stunned. I keep looking in the mirror. I finally understand the term brightening. My acne has disappeared and the redness is fifty percent gone. I use a ten step Korean skin care routine. Son and Park Beauty Water and this product are my holy grails. I use a hydrating essence and moisturizer after using The Ordinary. I’m beyond grateful and happy. Try it!

on 4/14/2018 3:11:00 PM

Compared to Paula’s Choice Azelaic Acid, I definitely prefer The Ordinary Azelaic Acid. I have very sensitive rosacea and acne prone skin. I recently repaired my rosacea and acne by applying The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid every morning and night as a first step. This has cleared up most of the acne and rosacea, but by adding azelaic acid I have been able to get rid of the extra breakouts and notice that my skin immediately stops being red and bumpy. I have tried it without the hyaluronic acid and it is then irritating and itchy feeling. I prefer it to Paula’s Choice because Paula’s Choice is more irritating possibly because Paula’s has BHA in it. The Ordinary leaves my skin much smoother. I only use this at night maybe every other night.

on 2/15/2018 10:07:00 AM

Glory glory Hallelujah!!! This stuff is AMAZING! I use it instead of a moisturizer during the day and it is really effective at soothing my sensitive acne-prone skin. The texture is weird, it's as if it dries too quickly on skin and the more you rub it in, it can start pilling up. HOWEVER, I found a great solution: I layer the Ordinary EUK 134% (which is a great anti-oxidant serum, you only need a drop or two), wait a few minutes and apply this product -- voila! It goes on smooth and you can use as much as you want, it will apply perfectly and won't pill up. If you don't care for layering, the secret is to apply it in tiny portions and not over rub. This product also acts as a foundation primer. Can't recommend this one more!

on 10/25/2017 11:42:00 AM

I have sensitive skin with rosacea on my cheeks. I’ve never had clearer skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with problem skin. Love it!

on 9/4/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an effective preparation for azelaic acid, which is the active ingredient in "Finacea."
It immediately rid my face of stubborn breakouts. The formula is nice, disappearing, and unscented.

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.

Love this to bits. It calms down inflammation. It reduces my pores. It fights redness and breakouts. I apply it as last step of my skincare, over moisturizer, because it almost feels like a primer. Will repurchase for ever and ever. It's healing my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm a little suspicious of this product because it's actually working and FAST.

I hope I don't break out from this because otherwise it would be the most amazing product. I have been having some really annoying pustular breakouts around my chin for the past few weeks and this, right before my eyes, made the redness and swelling go down immensely. I slept with it on last night and this morning, I noticed a lot less texture and it dried up all of the breakout.

i'm only suspicious because nothing has ever worked this well or fast for my dry, acne-prone but sensitive skin before. I have their 100% squalene and 2% hyaluronic acid to try next and I'm very excited!

Will update when i know more about how it works for me and if (god forbid) it breaks me out after all.

UPDATE: IT DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT!!! This stuff is miraculous and I'm beyond impressed. My skin is so much clearer and smoother. I used it morning and night until my skin felt under control and I think I will be using it every 2 days so I don't irritate my skin unnecessarily.

on 6/5/2017 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a godsend if you have rosacea or skin redness! I have mild rosacea and this product healed my redness and inflammation almost instantly; as another reviewer noted, you get same day results. I can't speak for the anti-acne claims since I've already been using the Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid for years to take care of that, but my lumps and bumps also look nicely smoothed over too. This makes my skin look like flawless porcelain, and makes it so smooth and bright. I will keep repurchasing since it's so cheap and the efficacy is so amazing, it's almost criminal.