Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.6

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think it is due silicones which has always been a problem for me. Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the shit. I go from spotless and good to awful acne and looking like someone who has sprinkled shit over her face (the whiteheads) all the time. This is a lifesaver.

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have rosacea and I use this on mornings that I have severe redness. It takes away my redness quickly (same day results! that's fantastic). Feels smooth on my skin. Works well on my cheeks but I think not on my nose because I think it's causing extra blackhead there.

on 5/5/2017 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Somewhat dried out some existing inflammatory breakouts I was experiencing, but broke me out everywhere else and left my skin very red. I don't do well with silicones so this wasn't a huge surprise, but I was hoping that at least one product I'd ordered from The Ordinary would work as intended...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Skin type: sensitive dehydrated acne-prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks that can get flaky when I go too crazy with acids (sounds lovely I know)

Currently really liking this one! I found it helped heal some of the congestion in my skin, as well as some minor breakouts. Definitely see some slight brightening effects from this, although I am using in conjunction with other brightening products. I'm so glad The Ordinary came out with an affordable azelaic acid, it's pretty hard to find in Canada. I didn't have any initial breakout with this, and I usually have some sort of initial breakout when start a new product (just my weird skin which doesn't do well with change). The one thing I don't really like with this product is the weird matte, primer-like texture, which I assume is because of the silicones. Some of my skincare products don't layer well over it, but I don't really want to put it as my last step cause it feels like it won't absorb as well. I haven't had any issues using it under my bb creams/ foundations, which all have satin or semi-matte finishes.

Overall a great product for acne-prone skin, and I am definitely repurchasing this!

on 2/20/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using it for about a month and it has cleared my skin of clogged pores and evened my skin tone.