Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

Filtered by age: 25-29
Deciem The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

3.6

on 3/9/2018 10:41:00 AM

It calms inflammation (especially when I use it after a retinoid), it's effective and cheap but I'm not crazy about the silicony feel of it. Still, I would and have repurchased it.

on 12/20/2017 10:42:00 PM

The Ordinary was purchased by Estee Lauder, so it will be interesting to see if prices go up and if the formulas will change. Azelaic Acid is a good antioxidant to use if you have dull or acne prone skin. I love that this moisturizer absorbs quickly and is fragrance free as well! This doesn't tend to feel super moisturizing, so if you have dry skin you will probably want to use this as a supplement to your other moisturizers. This doesn't contain a ton of other ingredients so if you have sensitive skin and are looking for something with Azelaic Acid included this is a great option and affordable to boot! My more detailed review can be seen here:

on 11/17/2017 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sadly, this didn't do anything for my skin. I've given it a few go a few times, but never stuck with it long-term since I see no improvement of my skin whatsoever. I used and adored the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (EU version without benzoyl peroxide) for several years, but wanted to replace it with a cruelty free product. Sadly, this wasn't it. I actually bought it on the recommendation of Wayne Goss (the first time I heard about this company, before it exploded all over social media/youtube in particular), and needless to say I had high expectations. I'm acne prone and extremely prone to closed comedones, and this product didn't improve my skin texture in the slightest. If anything the silicone-y texture feels like it may be clogging in and of itself. I already smother my skin with silicone primers during the day, I'd rather not do the same during the night, to be honest.

On the flip side - when the price is this low, you can afford to take a gamble and lose. If this works for you, then I can only congratulate you, because what a bargain.

I'm completely in love with The Ordinary products and this is the only product I've tried so far from this range that I'm not completely mad about. I use it for my hormonal acne breakouts, redness and acne marks (not scars, just colored spots) and it's ok but not amazing. I've had better results with Salicylic Acid, Niaminacide & Zinc and Retinoids.

This clears up my skin texture nicely a bit but not as a treatment, more like a maintenance product. Also, I don't really like the silicone- formulation... it tends to bundle and gather if you layer another product on top of it. Would not buy again, really.

on 10/2/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the price point for the ordinary line and was excited to try out azelaic acid. However, this product did not work my skin. I have very acid tolerant skin having used LA, retinoids, glycolytic acid, etc. but this product left my skin itchy and irritated. I'm not sure if my skin cannot tolerate azelaic acid at 10% or because the way this product is formulated. I think the culprit could be silicones which is an ingredient that always had been a problem for me.

Those who want to try this product, make sure your skin is tolerant to silicones! For me, I would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever.my skin can handle acids but when i applied ths product it caused me unbearable itching and i had to wash it after some minutes.after some days i again tried it.again it caused so much itching and tingling and burning that i was not able to keep it for 2 minutes.rinsed it off.and the next day my face breakouts.i am so disappointed by the ordinary.i tried hylauronic acid,lactic acid 10%,vit c 30% in silicons,argon oil,aha bha peeling solution and marula oil from the ordinary and only the marula oil gave my face some hydration,others were such a waste of money and time.worst thing is i gave the order of buffet serum,rose hip oil and retinoid 2% frm the ordinary and now i am tense that they will be worst as well.

on 7/5/2017 11:56:00 PM

I've been having a few issues with my skin lately. It's winter here in Melbourne, Australia, and has been dry and cold. On top of that, I've just moved house, my husband has had major surgery and work has been ridiculously busy. And boy, oh boy, my skin was definitely paying the price.

I've had a huge eczema flare up on my eyelids, rosacea on my cheeks, forehead and nose, as well as some super sexy underground pimples along my jawline.

Three weeks ago, I chucked The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension in my ASOS cart on a whim. When it arrived I dotted it over my face and said a little prayer to the skin gods that it wouldn't break me out. Lo and behold I saw my redness go down in front of my very eyes!! I couldn't believe it!

I've been using this consistently every night before bed, followed by rosehip oil. My rosacea is gone, my flushing and blotchiness has settled down to a normal level, I only have one underground jaw pimple (and it's that time of the month!). I have never used something this instantly effective in my life.

The cream feels sort of ointment like, it is thick and not too slippy. I dot it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and rub in quickly and gently. It leaves a silky matte finish on the skin and has no detectable fragrance of any sort. I haven't worn it under makeup so can't speak to that, but I am getting great results from nightly use.

This has been an absolute game changer for me, I can't imagine ever going without it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the shit. I go from spotless and good to awful acne and looking like someone who has sprinkled shit over her face (the whiteheads) all the time. This is a lifesaver.

on 5/23/2017 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I've been looking for something like this for years. As I've gotten older, I have struggled with rosecea and hormonal acne on my cheeks. Despite cleansing, toning, and treating with other products twice per day for months, nothing worked for me. I began using this stuff about 3 weeks ago and immediately saw a difference in the redness in my face. About a week ago, I did have a bit of what I'm hoping was a "purge" phase, with an increase in a few spots on my cheeks. However, they went away within a few days and my face is looking better than it has in years.

Negative: not much comes in the bottle... It seems like it will last around a month if used once per day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have rosacea and I use this on mornings that I have severe redness. It takes away my redness quickly (same day results! that's fantastic). Feels smooth on my skin. Works well on my cheeks but I think not on my nose because I think it's causing extra blackhead there.