Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

on 2/20/2019 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worth the hype!

The smallest quantity is required to set the foundation so this lasts a long time

Prolongs the staying power of makeup

Doesn't highlight dry, acne patches

Doesnt look cakey at all even after 6-7 hours

RECOMMEMDED

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I waited a long time to try this powder because it has talc in it. Talc in face powder makes me soooo itchy. For some reason I don’t understand, this powder does not irritate my skin. And it’s great.
I’m quite fair so this powder is light enough for me. It’s very matte. It’s the only powder I’ve found that I need to be careful with because it could make me too matte. I roll it on with a damp beauty blender and it sets my makeup like iron. I would not recommend this to people with dry skin or who look for a feet finish to their makeup. But if you want to set and control oil-yes yes yes.
The jar feels quite solid and you get tons of product. This will take me years to use up.
I switch between this and cinema secrets powder. CS is less matte and a lighter powder so I use it when I’m feeling dry and this powder the rest of the time.

on 2/5/2019 7:58:00 AM

this is the best thing ever, nothing will ever compare to this powder. if you are hesitant about buying it I will recommend you to go for it, you won't regret it :-)

on 1/26/2019 3:03:00 PM

Where was this stuff back in the day!? Thanks to the beauty scene blow up on youtube, we all now know the secrets of the makeup artists!

If I am going to be taking tons of pictures at a party, event, etc. I do a full face of makeup, LM powder, and contour. This powder helps me correct if I add too much product or color.

Love this! Lasts forever too. I think I've had mine over a year and it's still 90% full.

on 1/22/2019 7:11:00 PM

Wasn’t that impressed with this product as I am with all the other Laura Mercier products I have used. Mainly because I can’t tell the difference between this free powder and any other brand. I guess I’m more of a compact kind of girl.

on 1/4/2019 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I resisted the urge to buy what I thought was an overpriced powder that was at risk of overexposure by Youtubers. But when I saw that Sephora was selling a smaller size of along with the glow version in a set, I finally relented and made the splurge. I gotta say… this stuff must have fairy dust in it or something because it makes a huge different with undereye concealer. Everything just looks fresher, even by the end of the day. If I have a regular work day ahead, I just use a tiny amount and apply it with a setting brush and if I have a night out, I’ll use a spoenge and bake with it. Both methods work for me beautifully and proves that this powder is far superior to the competition. I will certainly purchase the original size once I’m done with the mini one.

on 1/4/2019 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am so impressed with this. I have oily skin and whatever I do in my morning makeup routine, it’s a guarantee that I will be oily in a few hours.
I don’t love powders because applying on oily skin can make it look cakey.
I had heard great reviews about this and a friend of mine, who’s skin looked flawless one day, said it was due to this product.
First application was in the morning and I was really surprised by how invisible the powder was and how flawless my skin looked. Without the powdery and sucked dry matte look. I follow up with an oily skin setting spray.
By the afternoon my skin was dewy looking and the powder had not oxidised. I decided to pat in some more powder to see how that worked and again, my skin looked lovely. Not cakey or patchy.
I also have fine lines around my eyes and this did not settle in them either, most powders do.
I will buy this again, I love it, it makes my skin look lovely. It isn’t cheap but you get a lot of product so it will last ages. More so than a pressed powder. I got this with an offer and when I come to rebuy, I will look for an offer again.
I do recommend this, especially for us oily skinned ladies.

on 1/4/2019 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is not a horrible powder but I won't buy it again. I have been spoiled by Charlotte Tilbury's Airbrush Flawless Finish Pressed Powder, which I can even use under my eyes because the finish is so natural-looking. Even RCMA's No Color Powder works better for me than Laura Mercier's loose powder, and RCMA is much cheaper. There are many products to love in the Laura Mercier line besides this one. I really like Laura's Tinted Moisturizer, foundations, and Caviar Sticks. But this powder doesn't sink into my skin seamlessly the way the others do and it looks especially terrible when I use it to set my concealer. It looks cakey and obvious. For that reason, it is not worth the high price to me.

on 11/16/2018 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I liked this but its not worth its £30 price tag. I bought mine on an offer so it was more cost effective but I wouldn’t repurchase. It is quite a thick powder, not finely milled at all and although oil controlling properties are reasonable, I’ve tried better...for half the price! One tub lasted me only 4-5 months which was also slightly disappointing - I seemed to need to use a lot of this to set my face appropriately.

Good but not incredible considering the price.

on 10/12/2018 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my first setting powder ever because I never really wore face make up except for mascara and brows. This set my foundation really well, and the packaging is really pretty, actually.The product works well and I like that it makes my pores look much smaller--the new "glow" version of it sucks. It got real cakey real fast. But this one honestly is really great. :)