69%
package quality

price range

Reviews

15 days ago

I have extremely sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. After using this for 2 weeks, my forehead is covered in small little bumps. I finally connected the dots after using this product for 2 weeks. Since discontinuing, my face is starting to clear, but the small bumps are persistent. If you have a similar skin type as I do, I wouldn’t recommend this product. I will go back to using the Makeup Forever setting powder.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

a month ago

This is a great powder. I have the GLOW version. I love how fine the powder is, and I find it very flexible to work with. Agreed it can sometimes look cakey if I over do it, but then I found that a bigger, fluffier brush will diffuse the product better and give a finer veil over foundation. I also found that to get a really wonderful blend for me, I stipple a layer on my fresh foundation first, and then take a very small amount on the brush again and blend all in with that afterwards. I find that it doesn't sink into my lines around my eyes which is great, and stays in place longer than other powders.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

3 months ago

Biting the bullet with this one and finally got myself one to try! I was debating between the pressed or loose powder but the SA at Sephora said they're really entirely different so i got the travel sized one to try. Personally, a loose powder is not something I'd bring around with me so I thought the compact would suit me better. However, I was amazed that this itty bitty layer of fine powder actually set my CC Cream and made it lasts much longer throughout the day. Im not sure how the packaging can be improved because it is a powder, but this is just me thinking, how nice would it be if they came up with some sort of automatic brush applicator where product could just come out without having to dip a separate brush into a pot .... that would be neat!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2.0

4 months ago

I watched Goss Makeup Artist's video on why foundation may oxidize on your face, and one of the possible culprits could be, a coloured loose/setting powder. He carried on about how he always chooses to use a colourless white setting powder instead. I was having problems with my foundation becoming orange, so I bought LM's white setting powder. Good news! It really worked and my foundation didn't change oxidize at all. BUT IT MADE MY FACE CAKEY AND I HAD A POWDERED LOOK. :'( Also, this powder clung on to the dry patches of my face and settled into my fine lines. Sigh, wanted to love this but I couldn't.

About reviewer (199 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 months ago

I bought the travel size with the puff. Looks dry caked make up face, it didn't matter how lightly I tried to apply or what I put it over. Bonus it broke me out! At 58 I don't get zits very often and I know it was this product as I try products singularly to see if it will irritate my skin. This was in the drawer for a while, every time I forgot and tried it again, breakout. Gave to a friend at work who loves this brand. At least I was only out $10, I guess this is best on much younger skin.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 months ago

Edit - I am now exactly nc42 with some wintertime self tanning going on. This still looks GLORIOUS. In fact, since I don’t need as much foundation tan, I sometimes just use concealer and this!! It’s really radiant and beautiful! This is for the GLOW version in the lighter shade. The original makes me look 100 (I’m 40 with normal skin, but even at 29 with oilier skin it aged me terribly!). I got a generous sample pot of the Glow one and it is a total game changer when I use the LM TMs to get a no makeup makeup look. I bought a full size. I teeter bw nw20 and 30 normally. I have all versions of LM’s tinted moisturizers: original and oil free in the shade fawn (it is more of an nw30 cool toned medium but I wear it even at nw20 cuz it looks great), and bare radiance in illuminating. I use them separate or mixed depending on how my skin is (I use serious skincare actives and can get drier sometimes). I have nice skin and just need to cover some redness and hereditary dark circles. Usually I’ll mix in the illuminating to original TM if skin is dry, or oil free if more normal. Hey sometimes I go nuts and mix all 3. I like to match so I use LM oil free or radiance primer. So keep in mind my base is radiant when I set it with this glow powder. Glow sets for the day, takes away shine while adding a very subtle glow that isn’t greasy just luminous, lets powder contour etc to lay nicely, and MOST IMPORTANTLY doesn’t age me AT ALLL! With this combo my (admittedly tiny) pores and 40 year old lines are totally disguised - blurred - and I DONT NEED CONCEALER under my eyes!!!! I think because the light just bounces off and reflects the circles away. When I use a heavy foundation like say double wear or studio fix fluid, I ALWAYS need under eye concealer. This powder over the TM(s) helps make that unnecessary! My other hg powders for non-aging are Charlotte Tilbury’s; I also like the hourglass ones. Nothing compares to this tho in terms of its setting for longevity properties, and its beautiful radiance! Like a filter for the face not to sound like a cliche. If her regular setting powder ages/over mattifies/dries you out, TRY THIS ONE! Oily young skins may prefer original... although my oily young skin many years ago didn’t. I wish I’d found this sooner! Oh and no flashback.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2.0

6 months ago

It's good but you can go drugstore with the same results. Not much else to say... Very expensive though..

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

6 months ago

Does not do much for coverage nor staying power.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 months ago

I would never think I would use this word for a makeup item but I HATE this powder Its cakey,heavy not finely milled and drying yet it's overhyped on YouTube cause everyone wants to like what their favs like That being said almost all the beauty gurus switch to others setting powders The ingredients are a breakout in the waiting (soybean oil,cornstarch coconut derivatives) I just saw Laura mercier jack up the price of this awful thing from 47 Canadians dollars to 51 dollars before taxes waow Please dont spend your hard earned money on that. You have better options (marcelle loose powder if you're in canada maybelline fit me loose powder n7 loose powder black opal loose powder for high end the Lancome long time no shine fenty loose powder to make a few)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesHazel

from

8 months ago

This is a solid product and is definitely the best translucent setting powder I've used. If it is going to be a long, hot day, I use a big fluffy brush to apply a thin layer after primer but before liquid foundation. This helps to create a lovely base for my makeup and also helps to control oil. I then apply another thin layer to my T-Zone after I have applied foundation. It definitely does help with oiliness, but it's not entirely fool proof either. There is no flashback and it does not look cakey - just a soft, satin, diffused finish. It really does look lovely. I originally bought this to set my under eye area, but I have found that it darkens once it touches the concealer and any brightening effect is lost. For that reason, I use the E.L.F. Under Eye Setting Powder just for setting concealer. I will purchase this again, though it is quite pricey so I hope it lasts for a while.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure