69%

Reviews

3.0
from

2 years ago

From a distance, I thought, wow...this looks really polished and nice. But when I looked closer (especially where I really need to set, my under eye concealer), it looked really dry and aging (I am almost 44). There are a lot of makeup products that do this, but I have never been a fan of it. Imperfect as my skin and I may be, I would rather see #nofilter look than really nice from a far, but not good up close. If you don't have the drying aging issue, nice setting powder. If you want that I look good from afar, first impression look...go for it. But if it bugs you to see the makeup on your skin...this may not be right for you. I can see why people like it, but it just wasn't good for me & my dry under eye area / face.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

2 years ago

Everyone raves about this powder so I thought I’d try it. At first, I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and baked with this powder. It went so cakey and patchy, even boys at work noticed. I tried it out once more, used it more lightly than baking and with a different concealer, same thing! I wish I could’ve made it work :(.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

Best setting powder ever! My skin is very, very oily and this takes my makeup to the next level. I apply this after applying my foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear) and it totally sets my foundation, giving me a matte finish. My skin no longer gets as oily as it used to and my makeup lasts longer and looks fresher throughout the day. It does not look cakey on the skin or settle into your pores like some other loose powders do. I only wish I started using this powder years ago!

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I love this powder. It does everything a powder does except it doesnt look cakey. It’s almost invisible. It’s expensive but it will last you years. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I didn't want to believe the hype! This powder is fantastic. I have both the Translucent and the Medium Deep and love them to bits! I use Medium Deep to set my primer and foundations. I use I can use Translucent to do this but I prefer to use this for setting my under-eye highlight. This powder is the most finely milled powder I've ever used. It disappears into the skin but does not leave a 'cake face' finish. When I set my primer with this I find that I do not have to blot throughout the day except for the tip of my nose once or twice. I've not experienced any flashback in photos with either one of the colors and I love how natural it feels on the skin. The holes in the sifter can be problematic. I had to remove it and enlarge them a little to get a better flow when I shake the container. The price is very high...you don't even get a powder puff, but I love the results so much that I'm willing to pay it. A little bit goes a long way. I've only needed to replace the Medium Deep once in a 12 month period.

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

from

2 years ago

I am really loving this powder, literally helped me with my oily T-zone, and also helped with the creases I had under my eyes. It keeps your skin soooo soft, one of the best powders I have ever tried, I highly recommend it ♡.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium

HairOther

2 years ago

I see what all the hype is about. It mattifies and provides a slight coverage (I do follow with UD All Nighter Setting Spray, so I can’t really comment on wear time except the combo seems to wear really well.) It sort of perfects the finished look, and as an oily gal I gravitate towards matte face products anyway. The setting spray tones down any powderiness. I bought the mini size and still going strong with it many months later (I do rotate other setting powders in sometimes though—still working on my NYC loose powder from who knows how long ago! and recently, the MJ Coconut loose powder, which sadly, I’m going to return if I can find the reciept.) It’s spendy but it’s worth a shot if you are oily. Drier types may not love this. I would actually recommend the MJ Coconut Powder for these types (also should not be acne-prone! Coconut breaks a lot of people out). Anyway, I think this may be HG material for me. I’ll update if something comes out that I love more.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

2 years ago

I have tried countless setting powders from drugstore to h high end. I have a whole collection that are still all full...Coty Air Spun, NYX HD Setting Powder, Cover FX, etc. I've heard hype about this for years but refused to spend that kind of money on yet another powder that would disappoint. But then I received a sample in my Sephora Play and the angels sang! This translucent powder goes on so smoothly, is completely invisible, doesn't take the dewiness out of my foundation and makes my skin look absolutely flawless. I use a big soft fluffy brush to apply and blend really well, then I'll spray the flat part of my beauty blender with my setting spray and push the powder into my face with it...this trick is one of the best I've learned...it makes the powder sink right into your skin so you literally cannot detect a trace if powder without diminishing any of the benefits of it. It also increases the longevity. I never have to touch up my concealer or foundation during the day nor do I have to reapply powder. I cannot stress how good this is..it gives me an airbrushed look. And it's worth the extra money because one jar lasts a LONG time!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

EyesHazel

2 years ago

This has been my favorite setting powder for a few years now. It is finely milled, but not too fine so you are breathing it in when applying. It does a great job setting my under-eyes, and foundation.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool