Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 7/18/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Translucent Extra Coverage and really like it very much. It does have a bit of a flowery scent (I don't love it) but it dissipates fast. The powder is VERY FINELY MILLED and it really melds into the skin beautifully. I use it to set my concealer, BB cream and/or foundation. It also could be worn along on a warm day, just for something light and natural over moisturized skin. The amount of product is enormous - I am not sure I will ever finish it all! I do use a brush or a sponge, not the puff that comes with it. I feel I have better control that way. I put a little bit into the lid and swirl it around with my brush in there, tap off excess and have at it. Really great product and a true bargain.

on 7/18/2016 10:27:00 PM

FLASHHBACK!!!!!!! This is the biggest problem with this powder I've used it about 10x to bake my under eyes with different foundations but everytime it either gave me horrible flashback or changed the color of my foundation completely:( not bad for the price but I honestly wouldn't recommend it !

To Read all 566 Reviews, Login or Join

I have this in the newer plastic packaging, the smell is just weird and smells like an old grandma, it's very finally milled so don't expect it to have good coverage, I've only tried this once but it didn't wow me

Absolutely the best powder loose or otherwise that I have ever tried. I have never seen any makeup item blends this smoothly and invisibly into the skin. It is perfect for setting tacky undereye concealers and liquid foundations. It can even be used alone on a minimal makeup day just to perfect the skin, even out tone and texture and reduce oil. It looks incredibly natural and is so soft on the skin. You can't even see the powder on your face looking into a magnifying glass because it is that finely milled.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have skin and prefer a highlighted under eye. This powder sets the concealer to avoid it from moving or creasing while at the same time giving my a lighter cast under my eyes which I enjoy. I don't not recommend setting the entire face with this powder as it can make you a appear ashy is over applied. Also throughout the day I do not find that it blocks the oil from resurfacing. I can't say I love the packaging but it's very affordable for I'll live with it.

Wow - how have I not tried this before now?

Sets my under eye concealer w/ out drying my eyes out like almost every other powder I have tried does (use just a little bit). I also use to set my slightly oily nose area. I bend back only a little bit of the tape over the holes so as to severely limit the amount I shake out each time. I personally love the smell (like roses IMO). Its inexpensive at Walmart. It goes on very silky.

I have the natural/neutral version and while I would certainly re-purchase, this container is going to last me several years so won't need to in the foreseeable future.

on 6/17/2016 11:57:00 PM

I bought this powder in "translucent." As my fellow WoC know, translucent does not necessarily mean translucent for anyone who isn't fair skinned. I'm tan (I would definitely be considered light on the tan spectrum) and this powder leaves a nasty pale cast on my face and dulls my complexion. It not only lightens my skin but the color of the powder cancels out my natural warmth and glow. Not to mention the smell is unpleasant (think 99 year old woman in a retirement home) and disturbingly overpowering. The smell does fade, but to me this product is nowhere near worth its downsides.

on 6/14/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Everytime I use this powder is breaks me out. I don't like the extreme strong fragrance, it smells like grandma-style perfume. The smells goes away but it is there, it is intense. The packaging is messy, I always blow powder everywhere trying to get a tiny bit. I bought it because of Tati on YouTube and I dislike it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week and I'm loving it! I use it to "bake" and it works perfectly. I have oily skin and it has helped keep it under control. I also love the smell! I reminds me of the way Cabbage Patch dolls used to smell when I was a kid!lol

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Best drugstore level powder I've found besides innisfree mint mineral powder (if that counts?). Ive tried many different powders, and this is in the top 5.I even have the higher end Tarte Smooth Operater loose version,and the Mac studio fix, but this one still makes my makeup stay matte for alot longer and no creases.
Been using this since 15 and cant really find anything better.You can find Coty in Walmart,CVS, amazon ,etc . Only con is the packaging, Dont drop it or tap it too hard lol,gets kinda messy. Minus that part, I highly recommend this powder!!! Seriously, its only 6 dollars for like 2.3 ounces. It will last a good while.
For reference, I have very sensitive oily,acne prone skin, with large pores and dry patches on the sides of my face. (this does not stick to dry patches ) Also Coty airspun comes in different shades including translucent, i use naturally neutral.