4.1

price range

Reviews

3.0

24 days ago

I'm unsure about this powder. First off, the smell makes me gag. I tried to get over that as it dissipates but it's pretty bad. I also hated it when I first applied it. It looks ghastly and white even though I bought a 'natural' shade (not translucent). It seems to kind of settle and look ok after a minute, but it's still not my favorite powder. I wanted it for days that I don't want a ton of coverage but to finish my foundation which is a wet/water based formula. I also find the container to be messy and hard to get the correct amount out. So overall, I use it, but I don't love it and I can't see myself buying it multiple times. Some people absolutely love it, and it's really affordable so it's worth trying, but I personally didn't fall in love with it.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

from

5 months ago

I have combination oily skin. I find that it sets nicely after baking and fairly buildable, but that lasted for only a few hours top. the oil control is poor and i need to blot every few hours even if i stay in air-conditioned room. the powder also oxidizes and my skin appear one tone duller (i have experimented on different foundations). it also does not add any glow to skin or help in reducing appearance of pores (i don't have large pores to begin with).

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

5 months ago

Love it it works! It applies like a high end powder, i even think it's the same. Wouldn't spend any more money on a loose powder. Will buy it again and again and again.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

7 months ago

It's passable enough for a drug store loose powder, but I don't reach for it anymore ever since I bought the Laura Mercier translucent powder. It's definitely not a dupe, like some reviewers have said it is, as it's not as finely milled and has a different undertone. I only said I wouldn't buy it again because it's got a good value for the amount you get in one single package, which is enough to last me for a lifetime, it seems.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 months ago

I have dry skin, and because of that, I don’t use this like most people do. Every time I’ve attempted to bake with this (or any other powder) I look like a flakey, cakey, mess. However, I love this as a powder foundation! I slather my face with moisturizer, let it sink in, and then I buff in the Translucent Extra Coverage. It’s not full coverage, but it’s fairly buildable, and lasts all day! Some people aren’t a fan of the smell, but I don’t find it unpleasant, and it doesn’t linger or seem to irritate my sensitive skin. However, if you’re sensitive to smells it may be a dealbreaker for you. Also, the shade range isn’t the greatest. I just happen to be a match for the Translucent Extra Coverage, but I don’t see it working as a foundation for those of you with deeper skin tones. Although, I have seen some You Tubers with darker complexions successfully use this for baking. So, if you’re on the look out for a loose powder this may fit the bill. Overall, I recommend you giving this a try before you spend 5-6 times as much on a high end powder. I used to use Bare Minerals, but this powder holds up better throughout the day for a fraction of the price.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlue

1.0

8 months ago

The regular version works great at setting ones makeup very well. But, the chemical scent to it is way too strong, and I find to make me nauseous. I honestly don't know how anyon can take the smell of this powder. It is absolutely horrible, and it lingers for sure. I was lucky enough to get my hands on the fragrance free version, but then they stopped from carrying it anymore where I live at. The fragrance free version was a dream, as I had no terrible scent to deal with. The regular version smells atrocious, and never will I ever purchase it again. No face powder, should smell this bad.

About reviewer (972 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 months ago

This is an amazing find for a loose setting powder. It competes with my Lancôme and works better for me than the Laura Mercier. It amazes me this is a drugstore find and price. People talk about the scent - which is strong, but It has never bothered me. For application, I use a round sponge that came with my Lancôme powder. I basically use a blotting motion as I apply this to my face and literally push it into my pores focusing on the center part of my face. I am an oily girl so I can get a little heavy handed, but it works. The trick for me is to keep pressing the product into my skin for a minute or two. I legit put on a YouTube video to zone out as I press and press it into my skin. It really melts it into and meshes with my skin and has made all the difference in giving me that flawless look people talk about. Once I’m done with my other powder products, I spritz with some Mac Fix Plus to take away that powder look and I’m good for the day! I’ve learned that I can’t use this product when I have a very matte foundation because it brings out my texture as the day goes on (too much mattifying), But now that I learned to pair this with less matte foundations - my skin has been looking awesome!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

10 months ago

I love this but hate the smell. I've never had skin problems or acne, this makes my eyes watery and my face bumpy, itchy, and red.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrown

10 months ago

I used to love this powder and for years it was the face powder I used every day. After my last card box air spun was empty, I had no other choice than buying the new version. Coty said it was still the same original formula. Well, it is totally not. The smell Is way heavier, it has a coarse structure, not the ultrafine old airspun formula. I really do not understand why coty has changed such a perfect powder. Why change something that was already 80 years on the market? It already was cheap. The decision to go to China production was the worst thing they could do. But unfortunately, they did.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 months ago

I find it difficult reviewing powders as we generally experiment with different primers and foundations.. I have been using it over the course of around a year now most days as i wear it to work. It is smoothing on first application as i have very oily skin with large pores and does not accentuate my fine lines.. But do have to blot throughout the day with many different foundations I've paired it with and doesn't look as smooth over the course of the day. I use it with my damp beauty blender lightly setting all over immediately after applying foundation and concealer. The packaging could be better but you get a decent amount of product for the price point

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral