Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder

4.2

on 9/25/2016 3:57:00 PM

I swear by this stuff not only does it set incredibly well it's basically sweat proof amazing stuff despite the old women smell

on 9/25/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Been using this powder for about a month now with no problems. I've stopped using foundation and press it over my moisturizer with spf. Wait a few then buff with a kabuki. Looks better than anything i've ever used. I'm 67 and this gives my face a flawless finish. Couldn't be happier to find that less is more. I don't mind the smell. At least the fragrance doesn't choke me like some perfumes people wear, ugh!!!

To Read all 579 Reviews, Login or Join

This powder is just a really good powder for setting and highlighting if you know how to use it. Its the best setting powder you can get at any drugstore. The main ingredient is talc and there's a lot of it so it's very easy to over powder how ever you can mist it away with your favorite setting spray. I've used almost all the Shades my favorite is the luminous, naturally neutral and translucent. Honey beige and translucent extra coverage are very powdery looking for some reason. Anyway I loved this powder and use it almost everyday for 5 years.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The smell is something you have to get used too, but over all I love this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard some good things about this product on YouTube. I mainly purchased with the intent of using as a setting powder for under my eyes and maybe to control some shine in my t-zone. I purchased the regular version of this in translucent. I hear there's a sensitive skin formula, which I wish I would have seen at the store. I got mine at Wal-mart for around $7.00 USD with taxes. It does come with tons of product so I thought that was a very good price.

The product is very heavily scented. This has been on the market for many, many years and it sure smells like an old lady's perfume! It's very strong. I don't care for it, but it wears away after time. The powder itself is lovely and very finely milled. It does help set my make up well. My biggest gripe is that it broke me out. I have very sensitive skin so it's probably the fragrance that's in the product causing the irritation. I had to get rid of it. I would maybe buy the sensitive skin version in the future. Truth be told I prefer pressed powders way more. Less messy.

on 8/24/2016 8:52:00 AM

So I actually really like this stuff. The only thing was the smell the first time was so shocking. It's soooo strong like old lady perfume smell. But I've gotten used to it now. I've found that I had to get the balance right with this. The first time I used it it left my face pretty pale but now I've been using it to bake my highlighted spots and I really like the outcome. I'm a realy pale too but it made my highlighted areas stay and pop and look airbrushed. Would buy again if I ever run out because it's a ton in there.

I fell for the "This is an amazing vintage product available at your local drugstore! It's a cult favorite among the women from the 1940's and 1950's. Oh and don't forget, it's vintage!" hype that someone started on YouTube with this powder. So I got excited and bought it because quite frankly I don't think translucent setting powder is worth spending $40 on... ( *cough* Laura Mercier.)
However, this is not an amazing translucent powder. If you have normal to dry skin I suggest you stay away from this because it will cause your complexion to look well... powdery and chalky.
I have the Translucent Extra Coverage because it was the only one on the shelf and maybe the Translucent version would be better but it is becoming increasingly hard to find. Anyways, this does not resemble the setting powders on the market nowadays that appear invisible (duh, it's from 1930). This sits on the surface of the skin making it apparent you're wearing powder and it has a whitish finish.

I'll keep this around to create an Edwardian era makeup look for Halloween but that's about it.

UPDATE 08/21: Alright y'all I decided to give this another go in a different color to see if anything is different. Ordered shade "Naturally Neutral" off Amazon for $10.75 and I must say the results are much better than Translucent Extra Coverage. Naturally Neutral has a fleshy nude tone and actually appears more translucent on my fair skin. I would say this one is more comparable to the higher end options. I still use sparingly to avoid a powdery face but this I will actually use to set my foundation.
Other shade options are Honey Beige, Rosey Beige, Sun Tan and Translucent (which looks even whiter than Translucent Extra Coverage).

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As Im nearing my mid thirties powder started to make me look much older than iam..... After being told by several friends to lose the powder in order to look my age or younger I was mortified. I had always loved wearing powder. I had purchased this several times in 18 years but it always was lost or stolen. So after reading rave reviews and reading Dita von Teese uses it as body makeup I decided to try it again. I bought translucent extra coverage and I'm so happy I did. This powder looks great clean and soft and dosent settle in and enhance any fine lines. I love the scent and it dosent make me break out. This is my new HIgh and far as powders go. No wonder it's stood the test of time since the 1920s!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in the shades Translucent Extra Coverage and Naturally Neutral. I use TE to set cream, cake make up. I use NN daily applied with a damp BB under my eyes to set concealer (at the moment timebalm) and to set liquid found. (Kat von D or Clinique). I have oily skin and this keeps me matte. I love the huge Container and the vintage scent of Lorigan. Its finelly milled and can be bought for 6-7 bucks. Its 65 g and comes in a plastic Container with a whie poofy thing i keep around for travelling but dont use it. Works great with the huge RT powder brush its huge but fits the coty container perfectly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using it a week, but I don't see much difference between it and other loose translucent powders I have used--I still lean towards Boots' translucent loose powder. The Coty is very fragranced and does not seem to be milled as fine as the Boots. I will keep using it but it hasn't been the immediate HG that I expected/hoped for.