4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I will be like another reviewer and give this powder a little credit for the size of the container and the price. It's widely available, and if you can deal with the fragrance, you can have a nice product for very little money! But I cannot deal with the fragrance. I kept trying, because I am stubborn and/or have a bad memory, but finally I got wise and pitched this powder. It's not like I don't like old-lady fragrances, because I love a surprising number of overly-fragranced products (Guerlain comes to mind). This is not one of them, sadly.

About reviewer (187 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Medium

2 years ago

I finally tried this product the other day. I attempted to contour and use this as well. I thought I couldn’t tell a difference, but when I took a picture of myself, my under eye area looked flawless! My eyes even looked brighter. I just looked younger & more vibrant. We’ll see if I continue to love this product!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

2 years ago

Not a fan of this at all. It's notorious for its overwhelming smell. I hate the smell so much that I hold my breath when I apply this. But besides that, I just didn't think this did much for me. It makes me look more powdery than other powders, and it does not give any lasting power to my foundations. I just have other powders that I like so much more than this.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

2 years ago

I'm going to be fair and give this a 3 based on how it performs, the cost and the super large size you get. It's a very nice powder and if it works for you, the size alone makes this an amazing find. Some people suggest trying the extra coverage translucent or one of the colored powders if the translucent isn't enough coverage for you. If you can handle the smell, that might be the way to go for fuller coverage. I find that a very light dusting gives me a beautiful finish and I don't need to blot at all. The included pouf is actually a very helpful tool for application. I did not notice any oxidation or flashback while using this. But the scent is a real dealbreaker for me. It doesn't smell unpleasant in the sense I can't use it, but the scent fills my house up when I open it. Hubby actually came upstairs to ask what spray I had used. It dissipates within 10 minutes but then comes back everytime I get warm, or the sun hits my face. Even that wouldn't bug me, but as the scent returns my face starts to itch. I find the scent of Lancome Dual Finish powder very similar and I ended up passing on it for the same reason. I find it super disappointing that the fragrance free version is nowhere to be found, especially as Coty owns a ridiculous amount of companies. Even if I didn't get itchy from the scent, I'd always prefer a fragrance free option when it comes to facial products. I'm hoping it's just another product they are repackaging across their brands.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

HOLY CRUD. What have I been doing with my life before this!?!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I think that i'm cursed... I am usually in the minority when it comes to products that people love, and this is no exception. I remember I tried this once, and i remember the oil control being amazing... but now that I have used it a handful of times, im thinking that it must have been the foundation or maybe just a good skin day because i CANT get this to work!!! I have tried applying with different brushes and techniques to no avil, FFS! Not to mention, it really does smell like walking into your grandmas house. I also think the fact that it has mineral oil in it makes a pimple or two pop up here and there which is disappointing. Also, it doesnt set my foundation well - I look ashy and calky, all while still being oily 30 mins later. I wish I could return this, I really have no use for it now.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I like this powder very much, but one has to be REAL careful with this if one is of a "certain age." Not because of the fragrance, which is evidently controversial, but because it's REAL easy to use too much of it. It covers up a lot of wrinkles, but it also settles into them and can look cakey if you are using the "translucent extra coverage," as I do. So it's helpful to use a light hand; if you do that, this will work well for oily-skinned ladies like me (even "mature" ones - again, like me). A light hand also helps to counter the limited color selection. I think this powder would also be excellent for baking. I've not tried that; although baking fascinates me, I don't have the patience required to bake. But I think it would suit very well and could easily result in an excellent look. This powder cuts down oil for a long time, and that's what I like about it - that and its affordability. The thing with the fragrance is this. It's pungent for maybe five, ten minutes. And then it softens. IMO, the results are worth it, but then I like old-school Coty fragrances and old-school cosmetic houses. I refrain from speculating about how popular this powder would be if in some kind of alternate universe a couture label slapped its name on it.

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This is by far one of the best loose face powders I've ever tried. It's fabulously lightweight, doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like a ghost, and has GREAT matte coverage that lasts all day long. The scent is wonderful too, and compliments my perfumes nicely.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This retro-cheap powder has been around for decades. I have not used it since the 90's. It is very cheap but cut with talc and other fillers. Not great - but not the worst. thankfully, it did NOT make me break out back then. Not sure about now (My skin was combo/oily back then and now is dry.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Let's start by the positives The texture is extremely beautiful. The amount you have for the price make it a bargain Now the cons Even though the texture is supper fine when you are running some between your fingers you can feel the dryness.No smoothness at all.Problably due to the mediocre talc uses in the formula The smell!!!wow I never smell something so hideous. It could be an old fashion and sophisticated smell like the guerlain product but it's more like a old school and cheap type of smell But smell is something very subjective What is not is the fact such a high amount of perfume in a face product gonna irritate your skin I got the color suntan cause I m a mixed person so it was a better choice for me than the translucent version. The pigments are ugly and just left an beigy orange cast on my face Last this product is made in China In conclusion this an outdated product loaded with irritants and pore clogging ingredients (lanolin,mineral oil,perfume,parabens) You have better powder available nowadays like the maybelline fit loose powder ,the marcelle loose face powder.Dont fall for th2r YouTube hype P.s:still better than the Laura Mercier who is the worst powder

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinOther, Tan