beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 6/7/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great product, and superior to other makeup sponges around. Its composition and shape really enables economical usage of creamy / waxy / pressed mineral foundations, as it presses and spreads the product on the face so beautifully.

I love this product, it makes the application of foundation so much quicker ans easier than using your fingers and so much less mess. It allows foundations to look flawless on your skin and makes you skin feel hydrated.

Without a doubt one of THE best makeup tools invented. I use this with Almay Clear Complection foundation and the end result is more natural and flawless than I ever thought possible. Totally brilliant!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use this to blend in my foundation, concealer, corrector, etc. I find that it gives SUCH a natural finish without smudging off any product, which tends to sometimes happen when i blend using my fingers if i forget to pat. I would not apply product directly onto the sponge because the product WILL be absorbed, but if you apply product directly on your face and then use the blender, your makeup looks STUNNING!

on 6/30/2013 4:58:00 PM

All of you having trouble cleaning your beautyblender sponge; are you wetting it before using it??? What makes this sponge stand out from all the others is that you thoroughly soak it first, then squeeze it out (I was told to also squeeze it in a towel) it doesn't absorb make up like others do and I find it cleans easily. I have used mine with liquid and cream make up and no problem getting makeup off. I rinse it immediately after use and if the makeup doesn't all come off I use a little bit of baby shampoo or whatever I use for face washing. I have had mine for 3 months, use daily and it only has a very light discoloration.

I keep reading about people using this sponge dry; the most important thing about the sponge it is suppose to be wet first, it grows in size and wetting it keeps it from soaking up all the makeup.

I was extremely skeptical about this $20 egg shaped sponge being a "miracle tool".....but, I still had to try it for myself. I have to say, this sponge is absoloutley amazing! I couldn't be any happier with this. I don't even use any other foundation applicators anymore. My face looks completely flawless when I use this sponge. I wet the sponge & squeeze out all the excess water, apply my foundation in dots on my face, & use my DAMP sponge to blend (or bounce) my foundation on. The key to making this work is to use it dampened. It is pricey, but worth it. I did not buy the cleanser that goes with this, I just use baby shampoo to clean my sponge after every use. No, the baby shampoo doesn't get every single foundation stain out of the sponge, but it gets the sponge clean enough...& I'm not spending another $18 to buy the matching cleanser just so my sponge could remain bright pink. The baby shampoo will still get a majority of the job done that is necessary. This is a great tool that I will continue to use & buy.

FYI: One sponge is meant to last about 3 months (depending on how often you use it). It could last longer if you keep it clean after every use.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, you should know that while I would not say I'm a cheapskate, I DO hate to be ripped off, and I do resent cosmetics companies that overcharge for items that have no business being expensive. Having said that, you might assume I'm going to say that the beautyblender is overpriced, a ripoff, a scam, etc. Not this time!

I resisted buying this forEVER, sure that is was not worth the price. I finally bought one when Alcone had a daily deal, selling them for around $12 each (Alconeco.com. They post daily deals on Twitter & FB). I almost hoped it wouldn't impress me, so I could just say, "Okay, I tried it, and it's not for me." But no, I really love it. I use it for liquid fndt, cream fndt, cream and liquid blush, and... yes... powders and powder foundations. No, it's not cakey. (Why would anyone say you "can't" use the bb for powders, just because it didn't work for them? You absolutely can. What about dual powder foundations that are meant to be applied with a damp sponge? It wouldn't work for that? Of course it would!)

The reason I don't think this is overpriced is because I've yet to find a perfect dupe, nor have I heard about any true, worthwhile dupes. They may be out there, but I've not heard about them. The bb has a special texture and surface feel, that no one seems to be able to copy. I did read that the sponges at lecosmetique.com are close, but I haven't tried them yet. Those come in fun colors and run $6 or so.

These are also available at Nigel Beauty at a discounted price if you're an industry pro. If you know someone who is, it might be worthwhile to get a group together to order their 6 packs, which are $60-something. It would be a little over $10 per sponge, plus shipping.

I also have reviews for the beautyblender liquid and solid cleansers with dupe suggestions, if you're into that kind of thing.

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

on 9/7/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

ATTENTION people who consider to buy BeautyBlender. Actually this works. It gives me a beautiful luminous and blended evenly on my face BUT this is NOT for the full coverage application. Currently you're using a heavy foundation such as ER double wear or Revlon colorstay and you've liked its nice coverage, please avoid this item. This is rather for luminous and light coverage make up and it exactly does the same job as just wearing any kind of luminous foundations. I just prefer to use these for natural make up instead of beauty blender - make it wet, squeeze it, then blend it all over my face! such a annoying steps.
People who need full coverage make up please avoid this item and don't waste your money. If you look for natural and glow skin make up, just try another foundation - Makeup Forever Face&Body foundation, George Armani Luminous Silk foundation, BB cream, and etc..they also gives beautiful luminous on your skin without this expensive sponge.

Pros: It helps to blend foundation evenly, it gives me a nice luminous look but it's exactly the same as wearing a BB cream

Con: No coverage at all.

Hope this review helps you:)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools