beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Forsure my HG misc. tool.

The second I tried this I was angry with myself for never trying it before!!

Make sure you damp the sponge perfectly before use and then apply everything and you will be so delighted

on 12/14/2013 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had this for years before I started using it, once I finally got into it, I loved it! It's great if you have dry skin because it turns all those foundations that apply poorly looking great. The best part is, it saves you cleaning your brushes all the time, I was using flat-tops and those were a pain to clean. This is clean and makes my foundation look like skin.

Totally recommend it, sephora has a two pack which works out out cheaper than buying them individually.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift, and I actually like to use sponges over brushes, or fingers for my liquid foundation, and this is by far the best sponge I've ever tried. I would clean it with baby shampoo after every use for those of you that love it. However, I'm a Master Esthetician, and I know theres really no way of cleaning a sponge. They hold bacteria, and I wouldn't use any sponge on my face for more than a couple uses. It works as good as the little beige, wedge sponges, and since they are so inexpensive you can use them once or twice and throw them away. I won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros:

- I love how it feels to put my makeup on with this, it makes my face feel moisturized and my face looks beautiful!
- Gentle, flexible, soft
- Easy to use

Cons:
- It is just too expensive. I have started using the Real Techniques sponges and I LOVE THEM. They are a quarter of the price and are the same consistency and softness. In fact, the real techniques one have a "egg" side for under eyes and a flat side for patting foundation on your cheeks and forehead. The BB is just too expensive to repurchase since finding the RT ones.

- It does soak up a little product

- Honestly the best way to preserve it is to buy the beauty bender solid cleaner to clean it with, which means more money spent.

Don't get me wrong, I love my beauty blender, but will purchase the RT ones instead in the future.

No brush, no matter how expensive, has ever made my makeup look as flawless as this sponge. It blends perfectly, cleans easily, dries quickly, and feels like velvet kisses when applying. I know the price tag has most of us weary of purchasing this, but the outcome is well worth it. I use this to apply my Mac Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost under my eyes for that ultimate Kim K highlight. (Just a small note: the first time my sister and I washed our BB's, the pink dye ran a little bit which has me thinking I should switch to the new white version which contains no dye at all. This is the only reason I couldn't give it a 5.)

on 1/31/2014 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

Maybe I'm missing something, but in my opinion, this is just a super expensive sponge. I hate taking the time to clean it, and as a result, I don't use it very often. Besides, I never feel like it's really clean since it's impossible to get rid of all that bacteria. I won't buy it again. I will use the disposable makeup wedges from my local drugstore. However, I did learn from using this that wetting it first makes it easier to blend makeup, so I'll add that trick to my repertoire.

UPDATE: After using this for several weeks, I have to admit I've come to love it. The way it makes the texture of my skin look is amazing! I'm very happy with the results, but I dislike the whole cleaning process. I miss my disposable wedges, but they never made my skin look like this!

on 2/24/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was apprehensive about spending 20 on a sponge,

...but...

I seriously don't know how I lived without this in my life. It applies liquid foundation (never used it with powder, prefer a brush for that) flawlessly. It is seriously amazing and has cut my foundation/concealer application time in half and I use way less product. I love the smaller side for smaller areas like on the inside of the eyes and corners of the nose and the larger part for the whole face.

It's super easy to clean, and you do not have to buy their special brush cleaner, a mild/gentle soap will do. I use my johnson's baby shampoo and it cleans it great. Some foundations will stain it and they are impossible to get out, but that's not a huge deal to me, as long as it actually comes clean, which is does.

I highly recommend this product and cannot say enough good things about it. I will definitely be repurchasing this again when I need to.

on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I finally bit the bullet and bought the duo set for this. Previously I avoided it because of the cost and purchased a CVS dupe that sucked and then Real techniques. I LOVE RT dupe and after using the BB now, I feel like they are just about one in the same.

I saw no noticeable different in application between the two. BB doesn't feel identical when you squeeze it, it's more bouncy. RT take a second or two to fully form again. BB is a slightly different shape and a tiny bit smaller. RT has a slant on it that I prefer for more precise application, but it's not a deal breaker.

BOTH are exceptional sponges and changed the way I use makeup. I will never go back to brushes again. These have renewed some love with foundations I skipped before because I could not get the application right on my face with the brushes. It just blends it all out like skin and looks airbrushed.

I hope this info helps because I was really trying to find the differences between the two before I broke down and bought the BB finally. No real difference and the RT is $5.99. If you do splurge like I did, go for the BB Duo instead of buying it single. It comes out cheaper in the long run. I paid $26.99 for two. One is 19.99.

on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

on 4/8/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this gem yet. It's a must have for every one that uses foundation, IMO. I'm on my third one.

- It's best used when damp, I usually wash it in the morning with soap and gently squeeze dry with a towel. It gets 2x larger when damp, and sooo soft.
- I use a press-swipe motion to blend my foundation. First gently press on your face (like dotting on it) and then quickly swipe to the next location and repeat.
- It blends amazingly, but it does absorb some product like all sponges do, so you will need to use a bit more than if you were using a brush/finger. But it's not a problem for me.

This has made my life so much easier. You basically don't need any technique to achieve an airbrushed finish. Highly highly recommended for everyone, especially novices.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools