CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have normal to dry skin most of the time but it leans towards extra dry in cold weather or dry air. This stuff is great for all over my body including my dry face. I use this right out of the shower while my skin is still wet/damp and massage it in. This way it dosnt leave that "waxy" feeling some understandably complain of. It will dry matte so no worries over greasy skin especially when done overnight. Thats how I use it because it can be quite heavy for regular daytime use. This is a body cream you want to allow to sink into your skin overnight in regular weather. In super cold/dry weathet however I'll use it to my discretion. Its fragrance free so it can be topped with a scented loation for daytime use (like me). I have also used it as a nighttime face cream after cleansing (with face still wet/damp) and it works wonders for me. A little pricier than the average lotion on the supermarket ir drugstore isle but you get a lot and since you dont need near as much as a regular lotion it lasts for a while. Very creamy texture and a lot thicker than the moisturizing lotion of the same line. If you have oily skin however this may not be for you since it is pretty heavy. The moisturizing lotion might be more your speed. Comes in a regular tub with a lid and another jar of the same size (i belive) with a pump if you're worried about sanitation. This a absolute hg and a great all around mousturizer.

on 10/8/2018 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I cannot believe I hesitated trying this product until now. Some preliminary things about my use of this cream and my skin type: I have been using this cream nightly for two months now. My skin type is dry, rosacea, ultra sensitive, and acne-prone. I was very scared to try this moisturizer due to the mixed reviews about breaking out. Some people experienced no breakouts whatsoever, while others have bad reactions to this moisturizer. Because I have such sensitive and breakout-prone skin, I was very hesitant to try this. However I was getting desperate- until this cream, I have not been able to find a moisturizer that moisturizes my dry skin sufficiently without breaking it out. Creams that were moisturizing enough broke me out. Creams that were not moisturizing enough didn't break me out.

I believe this is a cream meant for dry to very dry skin, although I do believe that even combination skin could benefit from this during colder months. People who have normal or oily skin may find this a little too heavy for them.

RESULTS- This cream does NOT break me out, yet it is definitely moisturizing enough. For my skin, it does not feel heavy or greasy or at all- but I can see it being that way if too much is used. After using this cream, I wake up with baby-soft skin. This has also been the longest amount of time I have experienced with almost no breakouts. I cannot speak to how it plays underneath makeup, as I have never used it with makeup before. However, I suspect it would work very well underneath makeup.

HOW I USE IT- I use this as a night cream every single night. When I am not going outside and therefore do not need sunscreen, I use this during the day as a daytime moisturizer instead of my moisturizer that contains sunscreen. During late fall and winter, I will most likely use this every day as well underneath my sunscreen. However, during the day I advise using a bit less than you would use at night. The cream definitely feels thick, but not so thick that it's difficult to spread, etc. at all. In terms of how much you need, I'd say just a normal amount- I typically stick my index finger in the tub to get a decent-sized globule (that's totally a formal measurement), then add more if I feel I need it.

PACKAGING- unlike a lot of people, I honestly don't care too much if something is in a tub compared to a tube. I always wash my hands before applying things to my face, so it's still hygienic for me. However, it's HUGE. Now this is a good thing and a bad thing of course. I can't image running out of this before multiple years go by. However, it takes up so much room on my bathroom counter- and, what if it expires or something before I can use it all? Nonetheless, I'm going to sum up the huge tub to be primarily a benefit, as it will last forever and I can always use it as a body or hand cream during winter.

I am so relieved to have finally found this. I was about to give up and just suffer with constant dry skin, as I couldn't find a moisturizer that was enough for my dry skin that didn't also cause acne. If I could summarize my review, it would be a highly moisturizing, non-greasy cream for dry and sensitive skin that does not cause breakouts but does make my skin feel very smooth and soft!

on 10/7/2018 5:50:00 PM

I really am mystified by all the rave reviews of this product. I put it on my face and it was all waxy and white. So then I thought, ok this will be YET ANOTHER product that will be relegated to my body.. NOPE, not even that.. wax city. I put it on my arms and as I was massaging it in, it pilled up and looked like I was peeling. Gross. And the nerve of how much they charge for this junk.

on 9/25/2018 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this all over cream! Its simple, fuss-free ingredients are amazing for my acne prone skin(face) as well! It miraculously , slowly got rid of the occasional pimple on my face & my skin looks very smooth & hydrated in the morning! MAGICAL! The 19 ounce tub is gigantic, cheap (SGD20.72 on Amazon Prime) & lasts me a lifetime! I live in Singapore & was only able to get Cerave products online(iHerb & Amazon Prime)
Would CERTAINLY repurchase!

on 9/21/2018 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good moisturiser at an affordable price. BUT it contains palm oil so will not be buying it again. No moisturiser, cosmetics or hair care product is worth deforestation of Orangutans’ habitat!

Love how this feels on my face and it's helped even out dry patches I didn't know were there.

I knew of this product, but didn't try it until I saw Dr. Drey on youtube talk about it. I did as she suggested. I applied to totally wet skin after getting out of the shower. I don't enjoy this, as I have to air dry and when I'm not alone or it's cold, and that's not convenient. However, nothing has kept my skin moisturized as well, even for days at at time. It works well for my face too, but I don't use it on my face regularly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is an unusual moisturizer. It feels wonderfully thick and rich when you first apply it to your skin, but it dries down uncomfortably matte and tight. Honestly, it felt like I didn’t apply any moisturizer to my face at all. I ended up delegating it to my body, but it didn’t moisturize well enough there either.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Although far too heavy for my face (I tried once out of curiousity and lived to regret haha!) this is perfect for my problem area - my lower legs. It's like all the sweat glands in my body were transferred to my face once I hit puberty leaving behind dried out skin on my body, whilst my face was a constant oil slick. Skin so parched and dry requires a good moisturizer, cue CeraVe...

Two major good points about the Moisturizing Cream - it's inexpensive and you don't need to use much. Just a dab works brilliantly on my legs. At times, in colder weather I feel as though I could use something a bit more emollient and turn to Aveeno, but for the most part this does the job, legs are hydrated and the effect lasts for days without the need to re-apply, unless I've taken a shower. No dryness and no itching either, my legs are thankful!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/2/2018 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been a skin-saver for me. I first purchased it last autumn, or maybe early winter, because my skin always gets dry that time of year, but last year was so much worse because my skin was in the process of changing from combo/oily to normal/dry. I was miserable and desperate because my face had gotten so dry everything hurt and nothing was working, and I had other areas on my body that were like that. Enter this product.

I ended up using this on my face for about a week, which did cause a minor breakout, but was so worth it. The first time I used it, it burned soooo bad because my skin was so dry, but I woke up the next day with softer and less painfully dry skin. I continued to use it until my skin was able to handle my normal moisturizer for normal/dry skin again. After that, I just spot applied it to any areas that were getting bad (like my cheeks and nose, which are usually the driest parts of my face during the winter).

I love this stuff for my hands and body, too. My skin ranges from slightly-itchy dry to being so dry it hurts and cracks, and this stuff works miracles for that. Every time I use it, I can feel an immediate difference, like it's actually helping my skin and not just masking the problem temporarily like a lot of lotions/creams/body butters I've used tend to do. I remember using some kind of ointment-like product (Aquaphor, maybe?) years ago because people swore by it, but this stuff is way better in my opinion. Whatever that other stuff was would help in the moment, but didn't make a lasting difference for my skin. I just had to keep using it several times a day. I have no idea what's so special about this CeraVe cream, but one application does more for me than several applications of any other product I've tried.

Unlike a lot of other things I've used, this also doesn't leave my skin feeling gross, like it's sticky or greasy. It does take a few minutes to soak in fully, but it's not too bad. I like that it's a thick product, but after rubbing it in, it feels pretty lightweight.

My only complaint about it is the jar. Even the price isn't too bad because this is a pretty big jar (16oz) and I can find it between $10-15 usually. But I really don't like jar products in general. I'm just using it on my body now, though, and I always wash my hands really well before using, so I'm not too worried about the ick factor. I'd just prefer something in a squeeze tube, or with a pump.

Popular Lotions / Creams