CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 12/18/2018 12:08:00 AM

Much more effective than the CeraVe lotion! I use a bit over L’Oreal’s Ombrelle 60 spf during the day and find it keeps my skin moisturized until about 5pm when my skin begins to tighten a bit. I have extremely dry skin, live in a harsh, dry climate and I am prone to cysts, eczema and rosacea and this product does not inflame any of those conditions!
It’s also not greasy and works well with makeup. A solid winner but I am still looking for a richer night cream, if that’s possible!

on 12/15/2018 12:39:00 AM

Where have you been all my life??? While I am addicted to skincare and cosmetics, I hate spending tons of cash, and frankly, after all these years of trying both high and low end products, I really begin to feel like, meh, there are so few products that knock your socks off in the luxury category, that I truly regret having explored so much in luxury skincare. I live in Japan, so while the winters are not so harsh in my part of the country, at the moment I am using Differin to treat acne and the drastic change in humidity from season to season has really dried out the skin all over my face and body. This is the perfect moisturizer: it hydrates my skin incredibly well, there is no fragrance, no breakouts, no irritation, and I wake up to plump, glowing skin every day. The price is awesome, even though for Japan, it is not as cheap as in the States, it`s still worth it for the quantity you get and the results.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I spread this all over my body and face once I dry off from the shower. Especially great for the dry skin that cold New England winters bring on.
I do wish they had a pump dispenser, but I shall continue to buy and use this as long as it's available, which I hope is forever.

on 11/17/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think that for the right skintype, this could be the perfect bland moisturizer to pair actives with. The ingredient list is great for the price, a tub will last you forever. For that reason alone it gets 2 lippies instead of 1.

For my skintype (acne/rosacea prone, oily, sensitive), this was a miss. I really don't understand how ANY of you are wearing this under foundation. I tried several different formulas over it. All of them balled up and became streaky, then would never fully dry down. So the obvious solution was apply it at night.

That also was a fail. I started noticing little tiny pimples and my skin became dehydrated. The jury's still out on if this is what upset my eyes recently. I suspect so.

I still think it's worth a try in case it works for any of you. But opt for the smallest size (got mine on Amazon for $4) first. I guess I'll use the rest of it as handcream. I won't repurchase.

on 11/14/2018 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am in my 40s with dry skin. During the winters, I also struggle with flaky, dry facial skin. I've tried quite a few facial moisturizers all over the price spectrum - from Aldi's Lacura brand, Clinique, La Mer, Nivea, L'Oreal, Olay - and CeraVe moisturizing cream is my holy grail. It's dirt cheap (around $15 for a massive 16-19 oz. tub with a pump - the same size container of La Mer is well over $2100), good ingredients (glycerin, triglycerides, ceramides, hyaluronic acid), very moisturizing, unscented, absorbs quickly & dries down matte. This claims to be safe for sensitive skin and it is non-comedogenic. I personally have not had any problems or breakouts, but some people may have issues with the fatty alcohols so just something to be aware of. This isn't a fancy cream, the packaging is super basic & not at all exciting or luxurious. I rely on my other skincare serums & treatments for anti-aging & actives, and use another product for SPF, but for moisture - especially if your skin is dry or damaged - this is where it's at. It's a rich, thick cream, but not at all greasy, and oddly enough, dries down fast & completely matte. My skin drinks this up. I use about half a pump for my entire face & neck. I always let my moisturizer sit for 15-20 minutes before makeup, and this works very well under makeup & doesn't ball up or flake. I have found that if I apply makeup too quickly after this - maybe within a 5 minute window - it can make it a little streaky. You can find a 2 oz. (approximately) tube for under $5 at most drugstore or travel-size toiletry areas, which is a great way to try the product or for travel. This is my holy grail facial moisturizer and I will continue to purchase it.

Holy grail - for pretty much everything. It’s great for my fiancé’s eczema and extremely dry skin. It works well on my acne-prone, dehydrated face. It’s an all-in-one that I can slather wherever and know it’s going to do what it’s supposed to. Not greasy, sinks in fast, wears well under makeup. This one’s a winner.

on 10/29/2018 11:56:00 PM

With its price, I can’t complain at all for what this cream can do. Great texture, easy to apply, and it does a decent job as a body cream but still, for my crazily dry plus eczema, I still feel it’s not enough. And I don’t use it on my face at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Double-edged sword.

For what it's marketed as- a body moisturizer- it's great. It healed up my winter skin when none other could. I even had severely dry skin on my face, so I applied it there and within a week it was normalized. BUT when I continue applying it to my face, I seem to get some breakouts. Hmm....going to be searching elsewhere for a proper facial moisturizer at night.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Look, if I were a makeup artist prepping a client's skin or an aesthetician looking for a one size fits all type of product for people with dry skins but not prone to acneor blackheads, this would be my magical balm. It really does the job and does it well, but only if you have dry, maybe sensitive skin that's not prone to acne or clogged pores. I tried it and while it hydrates beautifully, I am unfortunately prone to clogged pores. My skin type is midly sensitive and reactive to heavy oils, lanolin and fatty alcohols. Basically anything historically acnegenic. It is clear for 25 days out of the month until I get my periods/courses. It hydrated my skin well but left me with a very clogged nose. I love this on my mom's skin since her skin is sensitive and dry. It plumps it up most beautifully and leaves her with a soft, gently dewy look. A great base for her sunscreen and makeup. Mixes great with foundation for a sheer, happy skin look. My rating reflects it's cost (at $15 for huge tub it's a steal. It has the cachet of French pharmacy products), resourcefulness (you could find this anywhere) and flexibility. It is a cosmetically elegant, safe, gentle and beautiful product all around. I refuse to bash a great product because it doesn't work for me. A big tip that bears repeating...please read labels people! If it has one or more acnegenic ingredients, particularly at the top, and you are prone to clogged pores and acne, just walk away! There's so many lists stating such ingredients online, just look! Wish you all a beautiful life.

I tried using this as a face cream, and it caused a burning sensation on my sensitive skin. I can't understand what part of the formula could cause this, because I've used the lotion without experiencing any irritation and pretty much the only difference between the two is that the cream contains petroleum jelly (which I'm definitely not sensitive to). I tried using up the remainder of it as a body cream, but I just can't stand the sticky, balmy texture.

Popular Lotions / Creams