CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 5/27/2018 5:13:00 PM

Breaks my face out so badly, with tiny, irritated whiteheads right on the surface, and also deeper more cyst-like zits. Unhygienic packaging but oh well. Fine for body, only reason I'm giving it two stars

on 5/25/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

HG. I have been searching for the perfect moisturizer for my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. This is it. Comfortable, calm, moisturized skin. No greasiness, no breakouts, no irritation.

This stuff is incredible. I haven't been using it for long enough to call it my HG, but I think it might be quickly going in that direction.

To start: I have medium-fair, combination, acne-prone skin that is EXTREMELY clog-prone, and quite dehydrated. After finding out that the grapeseed oil I was previously using on my face was causing me to develop fungal acne, I had to choose products that didn't have any ingredients that would aggravate it more.

Seemingly everything clogs my pores, and when I was reading reviews I was a little bit scared to try this at first to be honest. A lot of people mentioned the fatty alcohols causing massive breakouts, but I figured it was worth a shot to try and calm my skin and get some much needed hydration.

I am so very happy I made this purchase, as it's been the best thing I could have done for my skin in a long time. It's deeply moisturizing, and when I slather this on my face before bed I wake up in the morning with bright, plump, soft skin. Redness is fading and my complexion looks more even. I don't even recognize my skin anymore. The fungal acne and clogged pores left over from OCM have been clearing quickly and my skin no longer feels dry and tight after washing.

This does not clog my pores one bit. In fact, it's lessened their appearance. I don't get greasy during the day, although this does take about 5 minutes to really sink into your skin, so just be aware of that if you are going to wear it under makeup. A little goes a long way, and I use about 1/3-1/2 pump for my whole face and neck.

The ingredients in this product are incredible. Ceramides are essential for helping repair damaged moisture barriers, and it's a wonderful and innovative addition to this product. CeraVe makes very good quality products for an affordable price, that are better than some very high end products I have used in the past.

I bought the version with the pump, for anyone who is debating whether to get this due to sanitary reasons of the tub packaging.

TIP: If you are finding this a little too thick to apply on a dry face, try mixing this with a couple drops of water. I rub both in my hands a little before applying to my face. It spreads much easier and seems to do a better job at hydrating and locking the moisture in this way.

10/10, will repurchase again and again.

I really wanted to like this.. I've had great experiences with the moisturizing cleanser and thought I couldn't go wrong with this cream. Boy was I wrong. I bought the small travel-sized tube and tried it for a few nights.

This broke me out like crazy. CCs all over my forehead plus a big angry pimple.. My acne flareups only come either from the time of month or products that don't sit well with me. My skin's generally pretty tolerant to products.. so I'm very surprised that it's reacting, of all things, to a CeraVe product.

I am in the minority here, but I found this cream too thick and gloppy. It lacks the "slip" to apply easily and that's a big deal for me. It's a good moisturizer, but not user friendly for everyday.

on 5/5/2018 6:13:00 PM

I have dehydrated skin and I was looking for a heavier night moisturizer and this caused clogged pores. If you have very dry skin this could be a good choice but I found it to be too thick and heavy feeling.

on 4/14/2018 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If trapped on a desert island this is what I'd SOS for. Been using for 10 yrs, tried fancier - nah.

on 4/1/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I do not have sensitive skin i never had bad reactions to any products but this moisturizer destroyed my face i thought mayb it was my new foundation but then i went back to my old foundation but my skin was still breaking out starting to look burnt and a bunch of tiny bumps forming on my skin my makeup wont blend flawless anymore just a disaster im hoping my skin will go back to normal now that i stopped using this..on a positive note texture is great i love the way it feels going on the skin unfortunately it did not work for my skin i have combination skin maybe thats why it didn't work

on 3/15/2018 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

With 504 reviews and an 82% repurchase rate, my following review is going against the grain, you've been warned...

I had high hopes for this moisturizer after reading the reviews. But the evidence is clear on my face: my face does not like it. It burns when I put it on. And I have red splotches on both my cheeks, which I am currently trying to hide with powder. The first few days, I felt slightly itchy all day wearing this. It's been about a week now, and it's not working for me. It seems OK for my legs, but I was looking for a face moisturizer. It was $24 CAD and I'm going to return it. I look worse for the wear. Continuing the hunt for a good moisturizer...

on 2/7/2018 10:46:00 AM

I don't use this all the time because it is pretty heavy and I already use the moisturizer in step 7, but if I'm feeling particularly dry that day, I will go in with this moisturizer all over my face, neck, ears, everything to really really feel nice and hydrated. I wouldn't recommend this product if you're at all oily because it does feel a little greasy and heavy, but if you're dry to normal, this is an absolute lifesaver for dry days when you need an extra dose of moisture in your routine.

Popular Lotions / Creams