CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

4.3

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Ceteareth 20,and Cetearyl Alcohol, Capric/Caprylic (Stearic?) Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytosphingosine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.Jan. 20 2016

on 8/12/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is a moisture-locking champion. I put a thin layer of this product on and unless I make sure I'm in a cool place, my skin starts sweating until it is absorbed/dry. Reading that sentence may make my you acne-prone girls quiver in fear, but somehow this cream is not so suffocating that my acne has gotten anything but better since using it.

It is a thick cream with a not strong, but neither a pleasant odour. However, it truly is a miracle cream and is very cheap for how good it is!

on 8/4/2018 2:59:00 PM

Good for body. Prevents itch and acne. It’s nice to use after a cool shower. I haven’t tried on my face, I will update If I do.

i love how big the tub of cream is. i used it during the winter time and was really moistuizing, but it was cold against the skin so i put it away. fast forward to summer time, i go swimming and this helps keep my skin hydrated. it is a thick cream so i add a bit of argan oil into it to help with the spreadability, and it works so well. i deal with a bit of dermatitis on my stomach that flares sometimes and when weather isnt too stable/is too dry ( no humidity in la) + ac is always on. and this plus a bit of otc hydrocortisone cream helps keep it under control.

on 7/21/2018 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Yes I know this gets absolute raves all over the place, but for me, this cream was not hydrating enough, even with skin that isn’t super-super dry. I had bought a travel-size tube for my husband to try - he ALMOST likes it for his feet but that’s about it. Another thing I really didn’t like about it was the fact that while it does feel rich going on, after a few minutes everything feels tight and matte.:( At my age, I don’t need mattifying anything. Good thing I only bought that travel-size tube, instead of a whole big jar that we would have been stuck with. For a basic no-frills rich cream, I prefer Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, which I’ve been using for almost 20 years now. Don’t get me wrong - CeraVe makes some great products, 4 of which I use regularly. The moisturizing cream just isn’t one of them.:(

Cured my eczema after 30 years of trying other moisturisers reccomendedby doctors which left me always red, stinging & worse! For me also using no moisturiser was a disaster. I think it works because slow release of the glycerine and possibly the ceremides it contains-my skin barrier and elasticity is back to normal in areas that had terrible stinging & driness, it's basically a miracle..PS I think there may be a mixup in some reviews on here with the 'facial moisturiser' by cerave- do NOT use that one - it has 'B3' 'nicotinamide' which gave me a reaction of small lumps all over my face- I read that ingredient can be irritating to some & it was to me after a day. However their normal moisturising cream after one week literally changed my life! I LOVE this cream- it feels like a layer for one week and mild but as the dry skin exfoliated off my skin became elastic and really good. 😍Hope it might help others with very dry skin too!

on 6/12/2018 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin was getting dryer than usual during the wintertime, so I thought of trying this out since I was already using the CeraVe moisturizing lotion. Let me say that I was very impressed! I only use this moisturizing cream at night since I wear sunscreen during the day, and I always wake up with soft, smooth skin. The product is thick, but did not leave my skin feeling oily, which can happen for me with thick creams. My skin is also very sensitive so the fact that this is fragrance, alcohol and oil free is also a plus! The tub is also very large, so it will last you a long time. I would recommend this to anyone with dry, sensitive skin. The only thing I would change about this product is the packaging, since dipping your fingers in the tub can be unsanitary. But all in all, I love this cream and I will not stop using it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My doctor recommended this moisturizer. I am not a fan of the huge tub, but on Cerave website you can get $2 off coupon. This product is available with a pump as well. I purchased without a pump.

This is a thick lotion, but has no smell, and when applied disappears into the skin. This works wonder on the legs, arms, and rest of the body, but not on my face.

After a week of use, I had cystic acne on my neck, forehead, and chin, I got weird bumps and texture on my cheeks.

on 5/27/2018 5:13:00 PM

Breaks my face out so badly, with tiny, irritated whiteheads right on the surface, and also deeper more cyst-like zits. Unhygienic packaging but oh well. Fine for body, only reason I'm giving it two stars

on 5/25/2018 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

HG. I have been searching for the perfect moisturizer for my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. This is it. Comfortable, calm, moisturized skin. No greasiness, no breakouts, no irritation.

This stuff is incredible. I haven't been using it for long enough to call it my HG, but I think it might be quickly going in that direction.

To start: I have medium-fair, combination, acne-prone skin that is EXTREMELY clog-prone, and quite dehydrated. After finding out that the grapeseed oil I was previously using on my face was causing me to develop fungal acne, I had to choose products that didn't have any ingredients that would aggravate it more.

Seemingly everything clogs my pores, and when I was reading reviews I was a little bit scared to try this at first to be honest. A lot of people mentioned the fatty alcohols causing massive breakouts, but I figured it was worth a shot to try and calm my skin and get some much needed hydration.

I am so very happy I made this purchase, as it's been the best thing I could have done for my skin in a long time. It's deeply moisturizing, and when I slather this on my face before bed I wake up in the morning with bright, plump, soft skin. Redness is fading and my complexion looks more even. I don't even recognize my skin anymore. The fungal acne and clogged pores left over from OCM have been clearing quickly and my skin no longer feels dry and tight after washing.

This does not clog my pores one bit. In fact, it's lessened their appearance. I don't get greasy during the day, although this does take about 5 minutes to really sink into your skin, so just be aware of that if you are going to wear it under makeup. A little goes a long way, and I use about 1/3-1/2 pump for my whole face and neck.

The ingredients in this product are incredible. Ceramides are essential for helping repair damaged moisture barriers, and it's a wonderful and innovative addition to this product. CeraVe makes very good quality products for an affordable price, that are better than some very high end products I have used in the past.

I bought the version with the pump, for anyone who is debating whether to get this due to sanitary reasons of the tub packaging.

TIP: If you are finding this a little too thick to apply on a dry face, try mixing this with a couple drops of water. I rub both in my hands a little before applying to my face. It spreads much easier and seems to do a better job at hydrating and locking the moisture in this way.

10/10, will repurchase again and again.

Popular Lotions / Creams