4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I use this daily. Under my eyes. I have tried to use just a little on dry areas of my face & it works well at moisturizing, but will clog my pores. I use the cerave lotion & the moisturizers just fine. My dermatologist swears it won’t break me out. But it is the only thing I used around my mouth & on jawline & ended up w clogged pores there. Love it on my body after applying coconut oil. I use a silicone spatula to dip what I need out. Seems very unhygienic to me, the tubs creams come in. My toddler has eczema & I originally got this for her. But it burned any area she had been scratching. And was too thick to spread quickly (which I have to do with my daughter bc she doesn’t want to sit still long) Found the eczema oil by cerave is amazing. If you can’t use this cream, I recommend it. I use on my face & body w no problems. And it doesn’t burn my baby’s skin.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

3.0

8 months ago

Sigh. I wanted to love this. Holy grail, with essential ceramides, fungal acne safe. Unfortunately I have two problems with this cream. The first is that when I apply it to my eyelids, it burns. It happened when I was having an allergic reaction to Differin last year (no, I was not applying the differin anywhere near my eyelids), and it happened now when my eyelids were in totally ok condition (thank God). The second issue is that it breaks me out :/ I know this because I’ve been on Accutane for 5 and a half months and was 100% clear for two of them. I used this twice in a row and broke out in a place I usually don’t. Stopped for a week then tried again for three nights and broke out in the same place :/ this stuff is reserved for my arms and body for now!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

9 months ago

I love this cream! It provides major hydration with no fragrance or irritation. Personally I don't mind it being in a tub as it allows you to use up every last bit. Doesn't feel greasy or sticky but does its job when it comes to leaving you super soft. I love to use this after I razor my entire face with a Twinkle razor to make sure Im left with zero irritation. Apply this to wet skin, I got that tip from a dermatologist. My son suffers from horrible skin that gets super ashy within hours of application of moisturizer, and this helps him a lot!

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

9 months ago

Love this product!! Love that it not only works beautifully to hydrate skin, but that it is affordable and is available in such a huge quantity! Skin feels plump and healthy after use!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

...And I love this cream too... Me: very dry, sensitive skin plus rosacea prone, using tretinoin. Am using the dry to very dry skin formula. Using this to help negate the drying effects of tretinoin 0.05 and it does help. I wish it didn’t include silicone but it does moisturise well, am in the first week of tretinoin 0.05 use and am layering this cream with hylamide SubQ, Marula oil, Squalane oil, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour skin protectant and my skin though naturally dry as sand doesn’t feel too bad despite the tretinoin. Covered in such an oil slick no wonder, you may think, ah but the cerave leaves the skin matt and makes it seem able to drink up almost all its given without an oil slick. This cream does feel comforting and hydrating, except for the dimethicone muck am very happy with it. When using this cream on it own, yes it can sometimes feel a little dry and tight but counterintuitively, my having added this to my skincare,( replacing unctuous, hydrating creams of ten times the price & several brands) my skin hasn’t felt dry for the first time since I began to use tretinoin 0.25, let alone now am using 0.05 nearly every night, which for my skin is astounding). For those interested, am mixing the tretinoin into CICAPLAST BAUME B5 SOOTHING REPAIRING BALM by Roche Posay. It’s moisturising & very soothing and helps negate skin irritation. I use the CeraVe moisturiser during the day & so far am very happy with the results. And for those that this will help with similar skin, the only reason I seem to be getting good results from the tretinoin is that i’ve used 0.25 tretinoin for four months before beginning the 0.05 tretinoin.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

from

9 months ago

I originally bought this to use on my face through the winter, after reading numerous reviews of people using it and loving it as a face cream. But honestly, I hated it for that. It leaves way too much of a matte finish, it even dries down to FEEL a bit drying. I just wanted a thick uncomplicated cream to soothe my dry winter skin, but this didn't cut it. So I switched to Cetaphil face and body cream in the big tub instead, and that did the trick. However, I decided to start actually using this cream on my body instead, which I believe is this product's intended purpose anyway, and I love it for that. Especially on my legs after shaving. In this regard, the matte texture works in its favour because it absorbs quickly and nicely...unlike other body lotions that stay greasy or slimy forever and keep you from being able to put pants on immediately afterwards. But really, I paid over $20 on the tub, which I wouldn't have minded paying for a face cream, but seems a little excessive for a drugstore body lotion...

About reviewer (322 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

3.0

9 months ago

A standby in my bathroom rotation of body moisturizers. I have friends that use this on their face to great results, but I already have face creams I prefer. I like the soft scent of this, no added fragrance but it smells nice and milky. Very moisturizing and soothing on my arms and legs. Nice to have around when you’re feeling dry and itchy Edit: removed a lippy because of the unsanitary bar packaging

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I purchased this cream as I was experiencing a compromised barrier so chose to use products that contained ceramides. This moisturiser was ideal as my skin was pretty sensitised so I could only use a limited amount of products. The product helped to restore my skin back to how it usually is. I will definitely repurchase once I have used.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Good quality cream and it’s not too expensive. Does not give me any irritation

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

10 months ago

This review is for the dry/very dry formula. Cetaphil changed my life about 10 years ago. Back then the U.K. didnt even sell the brand so I had to order from a special website/the U.S. I recently purchased this cream and the hydrating cleanser to see how it compares. I'm not a fan of matte creams, I like my skin/face to be shiny so i know there is product on my skin! This product is very matte, it looks as if my face is dry still so thats the biggest negative for this product. I layer this will my spf30 on top for sun protection and my face stays moisturised all day I cant stop looking at it - it also gives me the shiny/dewy look that i prefer. I'm yet to use this on its own, I'll update when I do, however so far so good. On my body again because it is matte i dont like it. I bought the biggest tub, so on my next batch il buy the one specifcally for face to see if its more shiny. Update: Tried it for the last 3 days straight without my suncream and sadly I hate it. It leaves my face too mattte, dry doesn’t even seem like it’s moisturing my skin at. I really really wanted to love this product. I won’t re-buy. Update 2: HATE THIS PRODUCT - I'm getting white heads which i never get and my skin is still dry. BACK TO CETAPHIL.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Not Sure