4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I am in the middle of Fraxel Laser facial rejuvenation and highly recommend this moisturizer for after-procedure moisturizing. The day after Fraxel my facial skin is very dry as if I had a serious sunburn. I was told to use coconut oil since my skin literally drinks in whatever moisture is used on it . The problem I had with coconut oil is that it travels around the face and gets into my eyes, burning them. This product is just as effective, is not heavy and does not leave my skin with an oily sheen that travels around my face. I am amazed and so happy to have found this moisturizer. Since i now need to use an SPF product on top of it, I use another Cereve item and my skin is smooth, hydrated and I haven't emptied my wallet.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

EyesHazel

a year ago

I love this stuff!! Got it on dermatologist advice for eczema on my eyes ( developed allergy to scents) Dr had given me cortisone which left me with damage. this works way better and I use it daily on face and body. buy it by the tub on sale and it lasts a long time. not greasy. Update: to everyone saying they wished it had a pump, it is sold with one now!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairGrey, Straight, Medium

2.0
from

a year ago

This is the strangest moisturizer I've ever used. It has a thick texture that somehow feels matte. It's hard to spread on the skin and it never sank in. I am a tan skinned Latina and this also left a "white cast" on my skin (No, I was not using the AM lotion), but disappeared after 30minutes or so. This made me even more oily than usual, just like the Cerave PM. I did not like this on my body either. Again, it was hard to spread and gave me a white cast and white streaks. Occasionally this burned around my nose and mouth area. I will not repurchase. It has no fragrance and is widely available in most drugstores. It did moisturize my skin, but do not expect a cosmetically elegant formula or texture.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

a year ago

I was recommended this by my family doctor for my dry winter skin years ago. I didn't realized I still have 3/4 of the tub and just threw it out. It is thick and doesn't absorb very well. Never understand why docs recommend product that doesn't work well. I often wonder if they have tried it themselves and actually like it. It is certainly greasy for those who like this type of texture and it is scentless which is a plus. The ingredients are not so clean and yet it was recommended for people with eczema. Sigh.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

a year ago

I seem to be in a minority here but I didn't like this cream at all. It had a really nice texture but rather than sinking in when I applied it, it just dried matt on the surface almost like a face mask and felt quite uncomfortable. I decided to persevere with it as it does have an impressive list of ingredients. However, it had very little hydrating effect and showed no benefit to my dry skin at all. As for being a good base for make-up, it wasn't emollient enough to provide a smooth canvas and my foundation just pilled. I tried it for a few days to see if it would eventually help and realised I was much happier when washing it off than when applying it! It might work better for oily or combination skin, but I found it ineffective for my dry skin.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/D0W-ynvzSW0"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/D0W-ynvzSW0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object> I bought the CeraVe moisturizing cream about a month ago because I got curious about this brand and wanted to know how the product performed! I tested it out and since then and gathered my thoughts together which I want to share with you as well in a video. Please enjoy and let me know your experience :)

About reviewer (232 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I bought this product in the smaller size which is a plastic/rubber squeeze tube; I purchased it after a lot of research on skin-identical ingredients to repair my damaged moisture barrier. This cream is absolutely packed with these ingredients, which is pretty impressive considering the cost. BTW, it is 145$ serum from a high end brand that created havoc on my face. Current routine where this fits in is: CeraVe Micellar Water, Biotherm eye makeup remover, La Roche Posay cleanser, Clinique Essence, First Aid Beauty Serum, Koh Gen Do Spa Moisture Gel, then this product, Paula's Choice eye cream, Lancome Absolue lip treatment. Yes, a lot I know. However, I've returned to all of these tried and true products after an unfortunate foray into expensive serums and actives that are definitely not formulated in a way that suits my skin. This product, well, AMAZING! It works exactly as I hoped it would - literally overnight improvement that has only continued to progress in a good way. I credit this little cream.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

a year ago

Much more effective than the CeraVe lotion! I use a bit over L’Oreal’s Ombrelle 60 spf during the day and find it keeps my skin moisturized until about 5pm when my skin begins to tighten a bit. I have extremely dry skin, live in a harsh, dry climate and I am prone to cysts, eczema and rosacea and this product does not inflame any of those conditions! It’s also not greasy and works well with makeup. A solid winner but I am still looking for a richer night cream, if that’s possible!

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

Where have you been all my life??? While I am addicted to skincare and cosmetics, I hate spending tons of cash, and frankly, after all these years of trying both high and low end products, I really begin to feel like, meh, there are so few products that knock your socks off in the luxury category, that I truly regret having explored so much in luxury skincare. I live in Japan, so while the winters are not so harsh in my part of the country, at the moment I am using Differin to treat acne and the drastic change in humidity from season to season has really dried out the skin all over my face and body. This is the perfect moisturizer: it hydrates my skin incredibly well, there is no fragrance, no breakouts, no irritation, and I wake up to plump, glowing skin every day. The price is awesome, even though for Japan, it is not as cheap as in the States, it`s still worth it for the quantity you get and the results.

About reviewer (906 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

a year ago

I spread this all over my body and face once I dry off from the shower. Especially great for the dry skin that cold New England winters bring on. I do wish they had a pump dispenser, but I shall continue to buy and use this as long as it's available, which I hope is forever.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55