4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I have been plagued by terribly dry and itchy skin on my face and body for quite a while now, most likely due to a combination of overly hot showers, central heating, the weather etc. This moisturiser has been a god send. Although it's not purposely made for facial skin, I do use it on my face as well as my body and have had no adverse effects. It deeply hydrates my skin, not just the surface, and absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue. I have been using E45 cream on my face at night and CeraVe in the morning for the last week now and have noticed a big difference in the hydration of my skin. It also sits well under makeup. The packaging could be better. I personally went for the tube version as the tub is quite unhygienic in my opinion. It's a little difficult to squeeze out the tube but this isn't a huge issue. It's a bit on the pricy side but definitely worth the money.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

This moisturizer elicits a mixed bag of emotions in me. I love that it seems to be effective at soothing any eczema flares and dryness, yet often it seems like I toe the line between using just enough and going a little overboard. I hate that it comes in tub packaging, which I usually avoid due to it being less sanitary and more messy, yet I love how much product you get for your money. I can use this cream all over my face including my undereye area with no irritation. It applies heavily yet somehow seems to blur my pores and serve an unexpected purpose of a primer (only initially, though - I don't think it helps with makeup longevity). I had only been using this at night until I noticed the blurring effect so now I'm experimenting with the right amount to moisturize in the mornings and keep flaky skin at bay but also not tip the dewy scale so far that I look greasy. Lately I've also experimented with using this at night with a drop or two of The Ordinary rose hip oil, which has yielded positive results and allows me to use less moisturizer the next morning. If they would offer this in a tube it would be such a better experience. I know this product was intended for body use, but it seems like enough of us use it facially that a tube or slimmer pump option would be a welcome addition to their lineup.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

Like many of you, I thought this clogged my pores due to the fatty alcohols. I quit using it, swore it off for years, overhauled my routine after realizing I had fungal acne, and then bought another tub of it expecting a mess of closed comedones and blackheads. I used to over-exfoliate and attack my acne with BP and BHAs, and I blamed my worsening acne on this product rather than my harsh routine. Let me tell you, it was like realizing your ex wasn't the a**hole all along, YOU were. This is soothing, moisturizing, healing, and protecting, without causing breakouts or clogged pores on my face or body. YMMV, but give it a fair shot. *if you have very dry or dehydrated skin and find that this isn't moisturizing enough, try mixing with the Cerave Healing Ointment, Vaseline, or Aquaphor. Also, apply to damp skin to seal that moisture in.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

a year ago

I really like this!! My skin gets super dry to the point where it gets raw and this moisturizer has helped so much. It's expensive BUT a little goes a long way. For my skin personally it doesn't feel oily, just soft. When I wake up the next day my skin feels super good.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

1.0

a year ago

I hate to bring the rating down for this beloved product, but it just didn't work for me. The biggest problem for me was that it gave me closed comedones. You know those non-inflamed, skin colored bumps that give you texture and refuse to budge for months? Yeah that. I'm thankful it didn't give me inflamed acne as I'm quite acne prone despite having dry skin. But the texture really started to bother me and I finally put two and two together. It could be the fatty alcohols and/or Ceteareth-20. I'm not sure. But with a week of using this my cheeks were covered with tiny bumps. One of the strangest things about this cream is that it doesn't feel soothing when you apply it on exfoliated (or over-exfoliated) skin. You'd think a moisturizer is supposed to be soothing when your skin is sensitive, but no, this just burns whenever I apply it after I've been a little overzealous with my exfoliation. It also makes some products pill when applied on top. I have a huge tub sitting unused now, I guess it'll be my body moisturizer now.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Other

a year ago

This basic moisturizer really hydrates the skin without leaving a greasy feeling. I use it on my body, but in a pinch, I will use it on my face whenever I feel especially dry or flaky. It is quite cheap, at least in comparison to other CeraVe products. It comes in a tub, not super sanitary but it is a thick cream, so pump dispenser wouldn’t work. Very reliable product, Will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (250 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

a year ago

I decided to give this moisturizer a try since whatever I used this past cold dry winter did not do a thing for me. Boy did this moisturizer hydrate my skin. And a little goes a long way. And to think I paid a ton of money for pricier moisturizers which failed to hydrate my skin. Thank you Cerave for saving my skin and my wallet!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is, hands down, the best stuff I have ever put on my face in my life! It is very calming/soothing, helps with redness and itchiness, contains Hyaluronic Acid which is amazing. Petrolatum locks everything in place so your face doesn't get dry, yet, somehow, this dries down matte. Really really good! There's been very few creams or moisturizers that my skin has tolerated as well as it has this one. This cream literally resolves any kind of skin irritation I may have, instantly! Doesn't break me out. The only thing they could do better, is the packaging. Other than that, I've been using this for a year now and don't think I'll ever find a better moisturizer. Bought it randomly after an allergic reaction to a different product, and never looked back since.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I was about to give up on retinoids again. I had a bad case of the uglies. So, I did some online exploring and came across a recommendation for cerave. I went back to the instructions from the derm, and there it was, cerave. (Pls, I know, should have started there) I applied it 30 mins after retinoids at night and it made a huge difference. It is now in the line up. I am going to send some to my kid in college and will report on if it is too much for acne. Nothing lighter has worked for her, either.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

a year ago

Nice moisturizing cream. It was gentle on the skin and not too heavy feeling. I did not notice it be very repairing to the skin but just as a moisturizer or to seal in other products it worked well.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

Age36-43