beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 4/19/2019 8:28:00 PM

this is a thing that I can't live without 😀

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The thing that makes this sponge stand out from the others is how darn sturdy it is. I've had my beautyblender for five whole years, sounds disgusting but I give it a nice deep oil cleansing every weekend and it is working fine.

Other sponges I've tried such as quo and real techniques rip in half within 3 months. I honestly like the quo texture more than this one but I hated replacing it so much. If you aren't a dirty gal like me and replace your sponges often, get the quo instead. They all do the same thing. If you're trying to spend less on makeup, this is surprisingly the way to go.

on 1/21/2019 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I resisted this for a while, wondering what could be so great about a sponge. I like to apply foundation with my fingers so it didn't even seem like it would fit into my m/u routine. But after giving this a chance I will never go back. I don't use it to apply foundation but to buff and blend after I've applied blush and setting powder on top. Just bouncing/lightly pressing it around my face gives an airbrushed finish.

on 12/5/2018 6:53:00 PM

All these years I resisted. $20 for a sponge? Really, how could it be worth it? But one day I came across a sale/deal on the Too Faced website, some other products along with this for a great deal, and now I can't imagine ever being without a Beauty Blender again. I used the Real Techniques sponge before, and I thought it was good. Now I joke that using that sponge after using this amazing one is like hitting my face with a brick. Yes, that's an exaggeration, but it really does feel hard now compared to this. It is so soft, and it blends my makeup so well. It just does wonderful things. I find it pretty easy to clean. I like the liquid Blender Cleanser the best, but it cleans up fine with other cleaners. The Blender Cleanser is just my favorite because it cleans well and rinses out really easily. Anyhow, I will try to find ways to get a deal on the Beauty Blender (getting it in a set, sales, coupons), but would I pay $20 for it on it's own? Yep. Obviously, it's overpriced. But sometimes something overpriced is worth it, and this is one of those things.

on 11/18/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I resisted buying this for years because I just couldn't justify paying $20 for a beauty sponge...and then I bought one with a gift card and I was hooked. I had used a drugstore brand before (the orange one) and I like it well enough but they broke really easily. It is worth the hype. It is soft yet solid and so bouncy. My makeup applies flawlessly with my Beauty Blender. I will never go back.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Admittedly I don't wear foundation often (usually just CC cream for sheer coverage) but when I do...THIS is what I use to apply it. It makes applying any liquid foundation a whole new experience... I use less product, it goes on much smoother and somehow 'settles' into my skin better. Visually I can see a difference, normally with a blender brush it's as though my foundation is just 'sitting' on my skin, it isn't settling into it properly, and I can tell later as it starts to wear off and creases. Usually 10 hours or so is the maximum I can get for coverage but for some reason the sponge is extending that by another couple of hours...how? I do not know! It's hard to explain but this works a dream. I just can't believe I only went out and got myself one this past week. Goodbye to my trusty blender brush, 'The Sponge' is what I'll be using from now on. Well worth the investment!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 11/18/2018 2:37:00 AM

I was skeptical but I’m so glad I got it. It makes putting my makeup on so much quicker.

I've been using the beauty blender for some time now and I thought that it might be a good idea of sharing my opinion about the sponge and sharing some tips and tricks on how you can make this work. - It's in the video on your right or above this paragraph.

I love this sponge so much and you can use it for so many steps in your makeup routine, it's not only for foundation! Using the beauty blender for any liquid or cream makeup products will work out! But most important, don't forget to clean the sponge every time after use because this is how you can keep the beauty blender clean and it's easier to wash.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried the beauty blender and other knockoffs, and I know some people love using these types of sponges when applying foundation, concealer, or even setting powder onto the face, because it provides a very seamless look when blending such out, however, it absorbs a lot of makeup into it, and even when you are washing these things everyday, they aren't getting 100% clean, even if you may think they are. That is because your mainly cleaning the outer surface of the sponge, while the makeup dirt and other stuff that has absorbed deep down into it is not being 100% removed with each washing at all. You can cut open a beauty blender and easily see all that deep down gook residing within it.

Also, because it eats up a lot of product, that's wasted product that you could have had to use, but now has been eaten by the beauty blender, which will make you have to replenish foundation, concealer, face setting powder, bronzer or whatever else you use the sponge for application with to definitely need to be re-plenished faster than if you had used a makeup brush or another makeup application tool, that doesn't suck up product into it.

Also, the Real Techniques knock off is basically doing the same thing is the best knockoff out there, so I would honestly recommend using that versus paying for this over expensive, overhyped makeup blending sponge.

on 8/16/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I will repurchase this, the beauty blender really makes foundation and primer look amazing. I use it damp and I need only a very small amount of foundation and it blends so nicely with this.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools