beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 7/11/2017 3:38:00 PM

Flat sponges are better and cheaper. The beauty blender absorbs too much product and the results are not worthy of the praise I've been hearing about. You are better off using a flat sponge, shiseido foundation brush or your fingers. This silly cheapo sponge is ridiculous. It is worth $2 at most. It's funny how all the people who gave BB 5 lippies describe their method of application in such a way that it sounds exhausting as well as inconvenient. C'mon. People are trying too hard to make this silly thing work. The company is really having a good laugh.

on 1/16/2016 6:10:00 PM

When I purchased my first beauty blender, I fell in love with it. Now that I have the Real Techniques complexion sponge, I want nothing to do with this product anymore.

1. Price
BB sponges are EXPENSIVE. It cost $20! $20 for a silly tear drop pink sponge.
2. Quality
BB sponges break down easily. I've gone through about four of them already. For $20 a piece these should last much longer.
3. Cleaning
Cleaning the bb sponge is awful. It's really hard to clean these things spotless, there is always going to be left over concealer, foundation, etc. on it. I got a bb cleaner as a Sephora 100 point gift a while back, it cleaned my sponge spotless but at the cost of my bb. The soap was the hard soap which was probably mostly detergent, so it was very harsh for something so delicate. My bb ended up super cracked. When I finished cleaning my bb with the soap, my hands had white residue from the soap.

NOT WORTH $20. Much rather go for a cost effective and denser sponge from Real Techniques.

on 7/7/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

no no no! I have very oily skin and acne scars (also active acne). Since I have been using the BB I noticed that my foundation after a couple of hours started to look cakey and like separated from my skin... also, after applying foundation it feels like it never dries competely...dont know how to explain...Although at the beggining the application looks flawless I feel my face sticky all the time and after a couple hours mainly in my nose and forehead the foundation starts slipping so I end up having some patches without any foundation and others with a lot....hot mess! I thought it was caused by the primer...until I appied my foundation with my expert face brush and I realized the cause of all my problems was the beauty blender.... So now Im only using it for applying concealer and to erase any possible brush stroke ...Over all I don't find this so marvelous as many do...I have use the real Techniques sponge and i like it better,,,I guess that the flat side helps foundation really sink in my skin...definitely the BB is not worth the money...won't buy it again...i prefer the finish my real techniques expert face brush leaves.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I feel like an outcast because I feel I'm the only one who hates the beauty blender. I have purchased it twice, hoping I will make it work every time and it just does not work for me. I dampen my sponge, squeeze the excessive water out and begin to blend foundations, concealers, cream contours and it ALWAYS sucks up all of my product. As I pat to blend the product into the skin, I lose everything I had just applied! For example, I apply foundation, then concealer onto my acne scars. Flawless canvas I should say. I'll then apply a cream contour and blend. EVERYTHING disappears! It sucks up all of my product and exposes everything I just concealed. I get so upset! Hate this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was so so excited to buy this product. For like a year I have been wanting it due to the hype. My advice is: don't believe the hype! This sponge was very mediocre and it broke down so easily! I'm so mad at myself for giving in and spending 20 dollars on a freaking sponge, and 17 dollars for the beauty blender cleanser. So not worth it, one only had it for two days and it's already breaking down WITH the cleanser, absolutely ridiculous

on 1/22/2015 4:50:00 AM

I never right reviews here, but it's almost 2 am and I can't sleep so let me share with you my thoughts. First of all I have tried every beauty blender knock off and the original one and they awful. Damp, super wet l, or just plain dry, this sponge acts like a sponte because that's what it is, it absorbs most of the product and you are left with an uneven and sheer bad foundation coverage on your skin. I have tried this with th e kat von d d and revlon color stay foundations which are the most pigmented, heavier and overall full in coverage, and this stupid thing still managed to thin out the foundation damp or dry. I don't understand the fascination with this product and others like it. It gives you no coverage and eats up everything! Even if you are expecting a natural and light coverage finish, this will actually leave your face without any product. This is basically smearing your foundation all over your face until the sponge eats up the foundation and leaves you with zero product on your face. Awful, truly awful product.

on 1/19/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Received as gift after a friend learned I was exploring "dupes". The sponge is wonderful and I really like it. HOWEVER, there are dupes that work just as well for me. As much as I like the beauty blender, I think I prefer the Real Techniques. I'm 70 with fair skin so really good foundation application is a must. Gotta hide those wrinkles and pigmentations without looking made-up. Right, senior ladies?

on 10/13/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I was hopeful and really wanted to like this product but I was super disappointed with the results. I had heard many reviews complain about the dye coming off and thought this issue would have been resolved by now, but no. Even wet, the sponge soaks up so much product. So much foundation wasted. Hard to clean. Expensive. Patchy application. Not worth the money!

on 8/15/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm sorry, but this is FIRST time a MUA top pick disappointed me! I can't believe I paid top $$ for this sponge. I've used stipplied it slightly damp as described by many of the reviewers here, on powder foundation, liquid foundation and liquid concealer. There's so much product wastage, and the resulting coverage was so poor! Only concealer seems to apply OK (and not fantastic). I will NOT re-buy.

Returning to my Sigma F82 brush for foundation application..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am at a loss with the rave reviews for this too. Prior to this one I used the makeup wedges from Walmart which I was pretty happy with. I read the review for this and HAD to get one. It was big, awkward, and didn't do any better job than my wedges from Walmart...and I felt like I was wasting so much product. I then got a foundation brush, I will never go back to sponges. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good brush and not this sponge!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools