Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid Serum

Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid Serum

4.6

Propanediol, Thioctic Acid

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I really love this stuff! I only use 3 drops 3 nights a week. I will NEVER stop using it. I feel like it improves basically everything (skin texture, tone, moisture, elasticity, even redness etc).

I have sensitive acne prone skin and have never had any problems with it except for maybe some slight stinging around my nose (and this seems to be only when I use it with certain products). I like to think it's because I follow the directions, but who knows? Reactions can vary even in people with sensitive skin.

For the best results use it EXACTLY according to the directions. You aren't supposed to use it with any acids and you're only supposed to use it sparingly (like 3 nights a week). More is definitely NOT better with this product.

on 6/14/2018 12:36:00 PM

Thanks to MUA reviewers I decided to give this a try. I am 51 with combination acne-prone skin and melasma patches from old Sun damage. I use this 2-3 nights a week, alternating with retin A. This stings very slightly on application and there is a slight, odd odor. No worries though, because I wake up with super soft, glowing skin. I am ordering a spare for a backup, plus getting one for my daughter. Never want to run out of this amazing stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I could barely believe the fantastic reviews around this product, but for the price I had to try it myself. I’m not disappointed at all. Only two or three drops of this thin liquid twice a week does some great stuff for my skin! It doesn’t sting at all as some acids do, and my skin seems clearer, smoother, and brighter in the morning.

on 6/2/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i had to make account to be able to review this (yes, it's THAT GOOD)

i gotta say this is one of the best products I've ever tried in my life. my skin is combination (more oily) and acne prone. it's really sensitive as well and got irritated easily. one wrong product and my face got ruined with acne and rashes.

i just used this yesterday but i woke up with the smoothest skin ever and my acne scars looks blurred, this one really does its job. i even used this to the irritated parts (they were red, a lil bit swollen and itchy) and this product seems to fixed them just like that. even my cystic acne became smaller in one night.

and it's so cheap?? only 2-3 drops and 2 times a week, this might last really long for me. i used to be skeptical about TO products since some of them r controversial, but im sooo glad i tried this one.

on 5/27/2018 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Greatest skin care product I have ever used. No joke. I used prescription retin a for 3 years, but decided a couple years ago that the negatives outweighed the positives. I was on a search for that magical product! Found some lovely night creams since then, but my skin lost its sparkle. I am 41 and have good skin - few deep wrinkles, invisible pores, and rarely a pimple. But, I do have pigmentation, fine wrinkles and overall dullness. I was excited to use the Ordinary vitamin c powder to help this (and that product, too, is good) but the alpha lipoic acid was the sleeper hit of my Deciem purchase.

I didn't get that wow the first morning, but my skin did feel nice. I have now been using this product for a month and can say my skin tone and texture have improved. One thing to note is that I followed the directions and used this 2 or 3 times a week in the beginning. Then I was forgetting if I had used it the previous night or the night before that. I guess I just stated using it consecutive nights and realised my skin had no issues. And that is what I am doing now- using it each night before my rosehip oil (and using the ascorbic acid powder every morning before my sunscreen). So, yes, this is my number one product in my overall routine. Highly recommended!

on 5/24/2018 7:52:00 AM

One of my favorite exfoliators! It makes my skin smooth, clear and I feel like it temporarily helps with diminishing some fine lines. I heard a few youtubers say this smells like poo but I haven't experienced any funky smell. I use it overnight and moisturize the next day. I stick to using it 1x per week as to not burn my face. I will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I haven't written a review in a long time (regular lurker) but felt compelled to do so after using this product for 3 weeks. I have oily skin that is very acne prone (even on BC), some texture on my cheeks from old acne, no visible signs of ageing yet. Lots of congested pores especially on the nose. My skin is dull most of the time from stress/pollution. This has BLOWN AWAY any other treatment I have tried so far, including my old favourites: the Paula's Choice BHAs, Advanced Retinoid 2% from TO, and the 30% AHA + 2% BHA Peel also from TO.

I simply cannot explain the huge difference this has made on my skin since the first use, and results were already visible the very next day.

- My acne vanished
- Scars are lighter and now almost gone
- Overall texture has improved dramatically
- Pores are smaller
- Skin is overall less oily and more even
- Skin is incredibly soft and smooth
- No irritation or tingling whatsoever
- No weird smell

Since I started using this my skin has a clarity and a glow that I don't think I've ever had before. I've stopped using foundation and now I can get away with a bit of concealer topped with powder for oil control on most days. I do not use it more than 2x/week as per the instructions, as my skin reacts from overexfoliation. For the same reason I don't use any other acid or retinol in my weekly routine and it works just fine.

I'm simply blown away by the results - I've gained so much confidence thanks to this. My skin has always been on the gross side, and previously I would never ever leave the house without foundation + concealer. I'd like to stress I have a very healthy lifestyle, I exercise, eat well, cleanse properly etc. and THIS - along with sleep - is the single thing that has made the biggest difference.

I will keep repurchasing until I die and I pray they never discontinue it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this stuff. I was a little freaked out when I started using it thinking it was giving me a serious chemical burn because the skin on my upper cheekbones below my eyes was super red bordering on purple and just angry looking. Well, that started to fade eventually and then when I woke up it was completely gone. In its place my skin looked calm and the imperfections blurred. It looks really nice! This stuff doesn't really burn at all. The smell is sort of metallic/elemental but I sort of like it for that. I don't know what the long-term effects will be but unless I come back and edit this review to say otherwise you can assume that it continued to work very well.

on 4/24/2018 11:55:00 PM

There is some kind of magic in this little bottle. I've used it several times, once weekly at night, and always wake up with glowy looking skin. Yes, it smells like a gas pump on a dingy street corner, but the smell goes away after 20 minutes or so. For me, this is a welcome member in my antioxidant arsenal, and I plan to continue to use it weekly. There is quite a bit of pubmed research supporting ALA, much of it fairly old and dated, from Dr Perricone. Sensitive people, be careful, it's super strong, only use a few drops. Also, before using, shake it gently, and purge out the dropper, to be sure that it is mixed properly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

By far, this is my favorite TO product. I use it 2-3 times a week, alternating with TO Granactive 5% Retinoid. I have been using it for close to 3 months. The first week, it wasn’t inpressive for me. I didn’t get that “glow” that everybody raves about after the first use. Maybe my skin is weird just like that. But after the first month, the bf started to comment that my skin is “oily”. I panicked and touched my face but no oil! I looked in the mirror and I was looking glowy. Finally :D let’s just say that most men do not have a wide vocabulary when it comes to skin care. “Oily” for him means “dewy” for me. I will keep on using this forever and ever.