Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid Serum

Deciem The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid Serum

4.5

Propanediol, Thioctic Acid

Never seen results from a product so fast! Makes me appear glowing and smooth! Love that it's a 2-3 times per week treatment because the bottle will last a long time. More antioxidants are always good for anti-aging! This smelled very weird at first, I wasn't disgusted but it was definitely odd. But the smell mellowed out after a few uses, probably from the product getting hit by the air or something. The price and results are so amazing, I think I am going to keep coming back to this product.

This was a bit of a wild shot for me, as I only researched a little on ALA. For the price I think it was worth trying, however I'm not sure I will be repurchasing, since the smell is HORRIBLE. It smells like a mixture of burnt plastic and old car tyres melting away, a very chemical and unhealthy smell. For a long time I've been wondering where that disgusting smell comes from in my home. Turns out, it's my face!

I can see a slight change in my appearance the next morning; a more evenly toned complexion, slightly faded lines and more glowy skin. I would recommend you to try it if you're curious about ALA, and not too sensitive about scents!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Have mild rosacea on cheeks. Not sure if this helps me overall. Many say they see glow but for me- I’m not too sure. Used it once a week for few months

on 3/7/2018 1:05:00 PM

The line may be called Ordinary Skincare but the brand and its products are anything but. Simply put Ordinary Skincare are revolutionizing the industry and the prices are incredible. This serum is one of my favourites of theirs. It goes on very smoothly and actually produces a bit of heat when it absorbs but nothing uncomfortable. I'm not so sure about the dropper bottle packaging as it lets in air every time you use it but it doesn't seem to have affected it so far. I would recommend this product and the line in general.

on 3/7/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Solid product.

I was using Makeup Artists Choice Radiance Peel for years and I loved it. However, it was pretty strong and my skin could only tolerate using it about once a week. This is strong enough to be effective but gentle enough to use twice a week, plus it's cheaper and there are other products I like to buy from Deciem's website so it's easier to get free shipping.

This comes in a dark glass jar with a fat dropper, which is useful because you only ever need to use about 4-5 drops to cover your entire face. The serum itself is a golden-colored oil. It's light but feels greasy for a bit when applying, although it never stays greasy.

I apply this at night after double-cleansing and using toner. I don't apply anything else afterwards. There is a little bit of stinging but that passes quickly. The serum itself has no scent but after it's been on my face for about 1/2 hour, there is faint whiff of burnt plastic or something. It doesn't bother me and it goes away, but I thought I'd mention it.

The next morning my skin always looks better. Skin tone is clearer, zits are gone or much improved. The next night I always make sure to moisturize well.

Like this very much, will repurchase.

on 3/6/2018 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is magic in a bottle. I have no idea how this works but as all the other reviewers have stated, I wake up with glowy skin the morning after using this. I use this 2-3 times a week (never on consecutive days) on the days I don't use Tazorac. Don't be fooled by this innocent looking oil. It is STRONG. There were days I woke up to slight peeling around my mouth. One surprising thing I noticed was that it usually flattens zits or makes them heal really fast by turning them into whiteheads ready to be popped by morning. I don't get cystic acne anymore, but since I'm experimenting with a bunch of skin care now, I get tiny breakouts sometimes when my skin doesn't agree with some products. When that happens, this takes care of them (usually within a single use). Also, yes there is a smell. It smells like nothing in the bottle. But a few minutes after it goes on the skin, there is a distinct sulfur smell. I don't mind at all and I can only smell it if I'm trying to smell it. Anyway, I'm stoked about adding this inexpensive yet powerful antioxidant to my routine. I will repurchase for sure.

on 1/28/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I use this at night (once to twice a week) on its own and I love it! I wake up with very soft & luminous skin! Too be honest, I haven’t a clue what this actually does but as long as my skin keeps looking like it does after using this I will continue using it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Another great antioxidant. This is one of my fave TO products, my pores are reduced and my skin has a lovely glow. It does have an odd smell however, but that would never put me off!

on 12/29/2017 6:56:00 PM

I decided I wanted to try this when I saw that this was a very good antioxidant and when the Ordinary claimed that you could see results overnight. I've been using the Ordinary's glycolic acid, and retinoids/retinols for over a year. I've been using AHA/BHAs for years, so I did not experience any irritation whatsoever. I have to agree that I see results immediately. I use it at night and when I wake up my skin is brighter, and texture is baby smooth/soft. I never thought I'd find something I like more than glycolic acid, but this stuff is great. I haven't noticed any dry patches when using this. I have nothing bad to say about this product. No funny odours, the formula is easy to apply, price is amazing, and there are definite results. I highly recommend this product if your skin can tolerate it.

on 12/27/2017 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This wasn't even on my radar, and I'm not sure how or why it works, but my skin always looks good the morning after I use it. I just bought it to bring up my total so I'd get free shipping, and it's one of my favorites. I only use it once or twice a week, and my skin looks bright, clear, and radiant when I wake up. It's really good stuff and doesn't irritate at the rate that I use it.

I am loving my Ordinary products, and the fact that they are clear on what order to use products and what not to mix them with shows that putting everything together in one bottle just doesn't work.