La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

4.8

AQUA / WATER / EAU (LA ROCHE-POSAY PREBIOTIC THERMAL WATER • GLYCERIN • COCO-BETAINE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • CERAMIDE NP • NIACINAMIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After turning 30, I realized how ensuring a proper pH and acid mantle to the skin is important. Therefore, I have been testing my cleansers with some pH strips to make sure that they are in the range less than 6. My skin has always been sensitive and I am in a constant balance between dehydrated and oily skin. I used to use Cerave hydrating foaming cleanser and have used it for 5 years, but it seems like it was making my skin more tight and dry. When I tested the Cerave before, it was around 5.5 but the last bottle I received had a ph >6, so I searched for another cleanser. What lured me to this cleanser was that La Roche Posay discloses their pH on some of their cleansers, one of them was the Effaclar gel cleanser, which I tried first since it stated a pH of 5.5. After using it, I felt like it was making my skin a little sensitive when I apply my products after washing. So I reached for this after I finished my tube since the Toleraine line is supposed to be more gentle. I tested the cleanser (without water), and I was glad that it was a pH of 5.5, even if it doesn't state that on the bottle. I am now on my 3rd bottle and this has quickly become my HG. I must say it has made my skin much more tolerant and supple, plus it never leaves my skin feeling stripped of its oils. What I love about this cleanser is not only for how it treats my skin but when I lather it, it is a very rich marshmallow like foam.. it almost reminds me of the foam makers that are so popular in Korean Asian beauty. I feel like it is a thicker cleanser than Cerave, and although it is fragrance-free, it does have a faint smell that dissipates... which is why I lather it first by rubbing it in my hands to make it luxuriously foamy before applying. I must add that cost-efficiency wise, this is 400ml vs 355ml with Cerave and they both cost the same without discounts. I do see this cleanser being on sale as low as 30%, which I think is awesome, so it is much cheaper if you look at it by cost per unit ounce. Overall, I highly recommend this cleanser and it has become one of my staples in healing my skin barrier.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to use Cosrx Good Morning cleanser but it would make my face feel a little tight. I switched to this and I really love it. Even though it's listed as purifying, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or stripped. It smells a little like a swimming pool (lol) but I'm fine with it. I feel like the price is good for the size of the product.

I have normal/combo skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I was looking for a non-salicylic acid cleanser that would still keep my skin clear. I'd been using black soap for a long time but it was losing its effectiveness and I was breaking out much more. This is somewhat drying at first, so I started off using it every other day only at night, but after my skin calmed down a bit I worked up to using it both day and night. This is the only change I've made in my routine and it has almost singlehandedly cleared up my skin. I haven't gotten any deep, painful cystic acne since using it, and the only minor eruptions I've seen have been the very occasional tiny little whitehead that is gone within a few hours without a trace. My pores are smaller and my skin is smoother, more even-toned, and less oily overall. I even feel confident enough to go out without any tinted moisturizer or foundation at all, just a little powder to cut down on shine.

I like that this foams up a lot even without using my Clarisonic, and it rinses off very easily without residue. It's a good bargain because the bottle is huge for the price and you don't even need a full pump for each use. It's also easy to decant into a smaller bottle for travel.

When I run out in a few months (I've been using it for about 4 months and am only halfway through the bottle), I'll definitely buy this again.

on 1/29/2018 3:13:00 PM

I can't find CeraVe in Chile when I'm here but I love this even more! No parabens or bad stuff and less drying than CeraVe Foaming Cleanser in any case. Plus, the bottle and label are sturdier and look better in the bathroom, which doesn't hurt. I see one bottle lasting me at least 6-9 months.

on 12/28/2017 3:13:00 PM

I have really sensitive skin and use Cerave. My PH was imbalanced due to breastfeeding so Cerave just wasnt working out for me. Once I hit 30 my skin became very dry, which it wasnt before. I love this cleanser. Its gentle, doesnt sting, my skin feels clean. I need to scrub at least two times a week for blackheads though, but I saw a major difference with this cleanser, I dont have as many pimples or blackheads as I did before. I have been using this for 3 months, day and night, the bottle is large and I had only used about 25% of it; My child dumped half of it out and put water in it so I have to run and buy a new one :(, I will repurchase this because its amazing!!!

on 11/26/2017 4:56:00 PM

This was really a nice gel foaming cleanser that cleansed well & rinsed off beautifully. This took off all my mu & didn’t bother my eyes. No fragrance is a plus! Since I do have rosacea, my skin is super finicky- it did leave my skin on the uncomfortable side, but did not dry out my skin. This would probably work well for someone who’s skin isn’t so crazy sensitive as myself. May give this a go in the warm months!

I'm about finished with my first bottle of this and about to buy my second so I figured it's time for a review. I like this cleanser because it doesn't have fragrance, doesn't dry my skin out, and removes makeup. I can even use it around my eyes and it doesn't burn or sting. I wash with this at nighttime. I do a double cleanse just to make sure it gets all my makeup off. I'm currently on acne medications so I like that this preps my skin for those without irritating it or drying it out. This is about $15 at the drugstore but it's a huge bottle so it will last you awhile. I like the pump packaging also. Love this stuff and I will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is the best cleanser that I have ever used. It is even better than CeraVe (both hydrating and foaming), which I though was the bee's knees. I love the fact that it is paraben-free, soap-free, sulfate-free, dye-free, and fragrance-free. I have very sensitive but very oily skin so it is very difficult finding a cleanser that doesn't aggravate my acne and overstimulate my oily skin. Plus with the acne medication I am currently using, I need a gentle cleanser that can work with the acne medication. This product fits the bill. I love the fact that small amount can go a long way, so that means this bottle can last me six months or longer. So in the end, it is cost effective for me. I am so happy that I can purchase this at Target or Ulta. And both stores are more likely to run sales on said product. The price is a bit high, but it is so worth it for me. I posted the ingredients to help those identify any potential irritants.

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser ! I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate or cause me to breakout what so ever. Also, this lasts me a really long time, which is awesome !! The packaging is also really great for travel and I have not had any problems with it leaking. Over all I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a basic face cleanser to really do its job !

on 6/12/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Big fan of this cleanser and I will repurchase. Soap free, fragrance free, chemical free, everything-free cleanser that works well to remove dirt, oil and makeup without conflicting with any of the other acne treatments I have to use. I used to think I needed a benzoyl or salicylic based cleanser for my acne but my dermatologist recommended a cleaner with none of those ingredients. It's working out will so far.It is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin.