Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.

on 3/11/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This vitamin C is OK. I can't fault them for the grainy texture because they make it clear in the description before ordering. It's also very greasy and can burn. It takes a while to sink in so I didn't like using other products with this. I did see a small difference in my skin. All in all if I was on a tighter budget I'd deal with it, but it's not worth it to me.

I tried so hard to like it, but that feeling of rubbing sand into the skin...

on 3/1/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DIY Vitamin C serums in the past, so I know my skin responds well to L-ascorbic acid. I've used a couple of vitamin C derivative products (Mad Hippie and Andalou Naturals) recently and discovered that I much prefer straight up L-ascorbic acid. This stuff is ok. The texture is weird, but it's to be expected, it's a suspended powder. I get around it by putting a less than pea-sized drop on my hand, adding 2-3 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol, and rubbing my hands together vigorously before patting it onto my skin. My skin tends to be sensitive and applying this way hasn't irritated me yet. I have a jar of L-ascorbic powder and will be DIYing my vitamin C serums for a while. But I would totally repurchase this. It's cheap, kinda-fussy-but-less-fussy-than-DIY, and very visibly improves my skin tone.

on 2/26/2018 12:24:00 AM

Gave this a try since I was looking for a Vitamin C product.

Similar to what was shared before, this item has a metallic smell and scent.

I tried using it many ways before finding the one that worked for me.

For me, it works best when a pea-sized drop is mixed into my moisturiser.
It doesn't feel so oily, and doesn't burn. There is just a warming feeling upon application.
So far have just used it at night and my skin looks ok in the morning.
Haven't used it long enough to see much results.

Also works for me when I use a very small amount of it after saturating my face with one of those thick Korean/ Japanese toners (called "skin" or "lotion" or "softener")

What didn't work for me
- using it on its own on dry skin
- using it on its own after a quick spritz with thermal water
- using it as the first layer before adding moisturiser
- using it in the am before foundation (caused pilling - flakes)

on 2/25/2018 4:32:00 AM

I so wanted this to work for me! I stuck out through 2 tubes (bought 2 assuming it’d be fine!), but noticed no improvement.

As others have said, this STINGS. It’s so uncomfortable to use, and I find unlike a lot of acids that I’ve used, the stinging takes a long time to subside.

I have also noticed an odd scent to my skin- I even started washing my hands with a nail brush to scrub it away but would still be able to smell it at work the next day- stopped using this and that odd scent went away too. Not only that, but my pillow covers are ruined.

I did not notice any benefit to my skin despite these things, so I’m afraid I do not recommend this product, which is a shame because the price point (like other The Ordinary products) is incredible.

This burns my skin like crazy, even still after a month of using it every other night. I mix it 60-40 with a non-active moisturizer to ease the burning sensation. This also helps with the horribly grainy texture and the total greaseball look this leaves you with.
I must admit I don't see any crazy results, like some other The Ordinary products. I will try some of their other antioxidant treatments before exploring the rest of their Vitamin C range. I still think it's great value for money, great packaging, and I do see some lightening of pigmentation spots and overall "glow" to the skin. It's just not quite the dramatic effect, but a lot of burning sensation instead.

on 2/15/2018 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Ugh I wanted to love this. Good Vitamin C serums are usually so expensive and oxidize like crazy. Right off the bat I hated the texture and how it went on my skin. Look I go to bed coated with Aquaphor some nights, so I don't mind being greasy while I sleep or even if I'm at home during the day time. But the greasiness of this was annoying for some reason, and gritty. I also had an uncomfortable tingling sensation the first few times I put this on, but I had expected that. But hey, if it worked in the long run, who cares right? Immediately something was amiss. Just a few hours after I put this on I had beginnings of an inflamed pimple, which I hadn't in a while. Okay, maybe it was something else in my routine. I soldiered on for a while and eventually gave up to focus on my new pimples that were popping up. They subsided. I think I even threw the tube away. But a year or so later, I was tempted again again by some really good reviews and thought maybe I hadn't given this a fair chance. Stupid me buys this exact same thing again (I must say this is not the first time I've gone to products which were probably/most definitely breaking me out. I don't know why I still haven't learned my lesson). Anyway, this time I started slow. I started mixing this with a moisturizer and used it every third day. Yup, same thing again. Oh well, I guess an inexpensive Vitamin C serum isn't in my cards.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

after first using had a shiny skin ,love it, purchase again !