Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

3.4

I ran out of my usual vit c serum and decided to try this (it was easily available). It’s not something i will repurchase but I will use it up.
The major issue I have is the comfort of using this product, I absolutely hate the feeling on my face - so gritty. The stinging in comparison to other products is a lot stronger, this doesn’t bother me that much as it subsides quickly but it is noticeable.
Does it work? Yeah, just not as good as the other stuff I normally use, also this one i have to use at night only, it’s awful under my make up.
Doesn’t cause breakouts on me or any allergic reaction but i am used to vit c serums.

The first night there was a strong tingling sensation which was read to be expected, should have washed off after it became nearly intolerable. Woke up with nearly a dozen pimples, I've had relatively clear skin for nearly a year. Figured, OK, I'll just dilute like it states with a bit of lotion..After the second use I've developed painful chemical burns all over my face, specifically under eye area. I've never had a negative reaction such as this before. Horrified, be careful!! Going in the trash.

I recognize all the faults in this products others have mentioned: it stings a bit, it is gritty and oily at the same time and the smell upon application is not so nice (fake tan?).
However, I have been using it for a couple of months, at night , just before I go to bed (alternating with retin-A): I mix it on the back of my hand with a couple of drops of The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% and, applied in this way, the stinging is short and not so uncomfortable (maybe my skin is getting used to it), the texture blends into a sort of oily serum which is quite ok for nighttime and my skin does look brighter and more even the following morning (the weird smell is still there, but I am learning to accept it)
I think I will be using until I get The Ordinary Ethylated L-Ascorbic Acid 15% - I was quite pleased with Hylamide C25 as my vit C to go, but it is no longer sold in Europe due to its high ELAA concentration (25%).

Edit: I suspect this is staining my pillow... removing one lippie

I really like this product and actually think the brightening effects are more noticeable than with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate (a vitamin C derivative), which surprised me because the latter is more pricey and has much better reviews on MUA. So far, I think I'd be more likely to repurchase the Vitamin C Suspension because I simply think it works better for me.

For the cons, this product is indeed gritty, and it is a little unpleasant to apply for that reason. I definitely would not want to use this product during the day. I don't wash my face in the morning, and I can report that by the morning the grittiness isn't the slightest bit noticeable, and it doesn't affect my makeup application at all. I'm only really aware of it when I first apply it. It would be a problem for me if in the morning I still felt the little grains on my face, but this isn't the case.

This product also feels kind of intense, your face feels kind of warm when you first apply it, as other reviewers have said. I also notice stinging under my nose - but only there, for some reason - so those with very sensitive skin might not be able to use this one.

Bottom line, this product is a bit uncomfortable to apply. I understand that complaint from other reviewers.

But aside from that, as I said before I really think it works, and I notice my skin feeling healthier and looking brighter and more even the next day.

Another thing I really like is that it's actually super moisturizing. I wait for a while after applying serums to moisturize because I've heard you should let it dry/absorb a bit. I usually hate this part as someone prone to dry skin, because I want to apply moisturizer ASAP after cleansing and toner, and during the waiting period I feel like my skin is going to turn into a flaky mess.

But the Vitamin C Suspension itself feels like a moisturizer, so waiting to apply my real moisturizer is much easier. Last night I nearly forgot to moisturize because my skin felt like I already had. This is a huge plus for me.

The other thing I like is the plastic packaging. I'm fine with glass bottles, but when I travel this is the serum I always take with me because I don't have to worry about it breaking in my suitcase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as I love vitamin C products, however, it broke me out plus the burning sensation doesn't help.

on 3/17/2018 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. After one week of use daily, my acne scars faded really fast. When I use it on its own, there is a very slight tingling. However, I usually mix it with my moisturiser so that it's less oily.

The down side is that its rather oily for me and has a weird? smell. I'm not really bothered by the "gritty" feels.

The packaging sucks though, I think it is not tight enough so I have to keep it upside down else it will flow out.

The price is really worth it for the concentration of Vit C.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

As other say, it feels a bit grainy and gritty but doesn’t bother me too much. I’m not seeing much results for my face. Maybe it’s no good for those with mild rosacea.

on 3/11/2018 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This vitamin C is OK. I can't fault them for the grainy texture because they make it clear in the description before ordering. It's also very greasy and can burn. It takes a while to sink in so I didn't like using other products with this. I did see a small difference in my skin. All in all if I was on a tighter budget I'd deal with it, but it's not worth it to me.

I tried so hard to like it, but that feeling of rubbing sand into the skin...

on 3/1/2018 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used DIY Vitamin C serums in the past, so I know my skin responds well to L-ascorbic acid. I've used a couple of vitamin C derivative products (Mad Hippie and Andalou Naturals) recently and discovered that I much prefer straight up L-ascorbic acid. This stuff is ok. The texture is weird, but it's to be expected, it's a suspended powder. I get around it by putting a less than pea-sized drop on my hand, adding 2-3 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol, and rubbing my hands together vigorously before patting it onto my skin. My skin tends to be sensitive and applying this way hasn't irritated me yet. I have a jar of L-ascorbic powder and will be DIYing my vitamin C serums for a while. But I would totally repurchase this. It's cheap, kinda-fussy-but-less-fussy-than-DIY, and very visibly improves my skin tone.