Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
LM. TRATranslucent Loose PowderLaura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Pros: Blurs out uneven skin texture nicely. Mattes and sets foundation.

Cons: Does not hold oil at bay for long. Despite putting this on, my foundations would still get oily 3 or 4 hours in. After my skin gets oily all the initial blurring/matte effect this powder had are all gone.

(Also I can never bake with this powder without feeling extremely guilty because of how expensive this product is lol)

Overall: Initial application is absolutely beautiful but considering that it doesn't last long, I don't find that this powder is worth the high price.

on 10/6/2017 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this translucent loose powder. It does not add cakey feel to the overall make up and has high staying power. I usually like to put some on my eyebrow prior to drawing my eyebrow with eyebrow powder. It helps it to stay even when I am in gym with my makeup after work.

I'm definitely recommending this but it is very pricey in Singapore. Around SGD70 for this. Good to buy this during sales like Sephora when there is a 20% discount. ;)

on 7/5/2017 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I purchased this item in the trial size ($23). I have tried numerous drugstore powders and decided to bite the bullet and by this high end powder.

This powder is the best powder I have ever tried. This sets my under eye beautifully. Eventually I would like to try RCMA or Ben Nye powder as well (thanks YouTube). I am NC44-45 and this looked great for my highlighted areas, I did not place this on the other areas of my face.

Would highly recommend, and am unsure if I will repurchase (I'm a frugal gal). I will try Ben Nye and RCMA next since they are easier on the wallet.

on 3/1/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I truly dont get the hype for this product. I bought it, cause so many people were raving about it.
I've used this product in the past to bake underneath my eyes and sometimes use it as a light dusting over the rest of my face. I have rather dry skin, so this powder (if i have a bad skinday) makes my skin look dry, caked and cracked. But also using it for its original purpose (baking underneath the eyes), wasnt a great succes. I have hereditary dark circles, so i tend to use a lot of undereye concealer. My number one frustration in that regard is creasing, so i've tried this plenty of times to prevent that.
I have to say it does keep the creasing slightly more at bay (therefor 2 lippies instead of one). Creasing however does still happen, i just have to touch up less frequently. However after a couple of hours there is this visible line of cakeage on my cheekbones, which stands out majorly from the rest of my face.
I suppose, this powder would be rather nice for people with oily skin, but i just cant imagine it working for any other skintype.

I'm really on the fence about this product. I mostly use it to mix with my other loose powders, online it's okay but I cannot bake win it because it looks dry and cakey underneath my eyes & creases a lot. However to set the face and lightly set the eyes it's great, sets everything in place & has no flashback! But I wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/27/2016 12:58:00 AM

A finely milled powder, this settles on to my skin perfectly and natural. I use this alone or for baking technique. This sets my concealer and foundation very well and crack free for hours!
It's pricey but worth every penny.

on 9/22/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

the best transclucent powder ever! i don't believe in any cheaper powder out there. It's pricey but it's worth every penny! i love the packaging, i live the texture. It makes my skin look flawless. Don't think twice, just buy it! and you will know why this is so good

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a fairly good powder for setting makeup. However it kinda makes my face look flat and does not work well with high coverage conceAlers, sort of makes it look dry and those dreaded lines under the eyes appear. I try to use a light patting motion with the sponge but there will still be minimal lines. Also difficult to get the last bit of powder out of the container

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've stopped using loose powder as they were starting to emphasize on the age-lines beneath my eyes. But then again, I could had been using way too much and with the wrong application (puff puff all over the face, every square inch of my face with a light layer of loose powder - SO WRONG now I know!).

With this powder, I either use the designated puff (sold separately), applied in a dabbing motion, or with a damp BB, and only on areas needed - under the eyes (especially, very very little - I don't wear concealer, just to keep my mascara from smudging onto my lower lids), and on my T-zone as I don't like my T-zone to shine.

Yes, they do keep the oilies away (although I am more dehydrated-dry). I also don't get a dry/tight feeling, unlike other powders.

Only that I supposed I'll have to buy the pressed version for my travels.

Yes, this is a keeper, and I'll repurchase. Definitely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is amazing. First of all packaging, it comes in a round package with tiny holes on the top. As you shake some powder comes through the tiny holes. Now for texture, it never looks powdery or cakey. Even though I have warm skin (nc42) this translucent powder never left any whitish look on my face. Now for oil control, this is the best powder I tried so far. It works better than primer. Make sure to use very small amount, otherwise you will ended up looking too matte. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks). First day I applied little too much due to which I felt dryness in my cheeks. So I only apply this on my t-zone and in my cheeks i just apply the brush with left over powder and that is enough. It controlled the oil for me upto 8-9 hours. I don't think I'll use it in winter but I'll use it and repurchase it for summer.