Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Broke me out in tiny itchy bumps from one use. I have oily acne prone sensitive skin. I think my skin hates most of the products with talc. Maybe you want to stay away from this if we share the same skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this powder (thankfully in the travel size) about a week ago. At first, I loved the application, it made my skin so matte and flawless looking. But, after even an hour of wear, I began noticing insane amounts of blotching, making my skin look reptile like. I even have oily skin, and it still somehow made my skin look dry, even after exfoliating.
The most disapointing part would be the cystic acne that formed on my face, eapecially on my cheeks. Since the fall, ive been getting my skin significantly cleared up using Obagi products, and it looked flawless before I tried this powder. Now Im broken out again. Ive stopped using it so hopefully my skin will be back to the way it was soon.

on 9/17/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this but it contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate and Zea Mays which are both pore clogging ingredients. And it did it's job. It definitely clogged my pores. As soon as I stopped using this, my face cleared up.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has acne prone skin.

on 9/17/2013 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

After I purchased this, I thought it was the best. Then my pores started to clog. I did some research and found out that this contains not one, but two pore clogging ingredients. Ethylhexyl Palmitate rated a 4 (5 being the highest on the pore clogging scale) and Zea Mays (corn starch) rated 3.

I tossed it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this after seeing all the positive reviews on here. I wanted to love this product, but it made me break out all over my forehead. I'm so disappointed!

on 6/16/2018 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very yellow on my NW15 skin. Didnt live up to the incredible hype, performance wise. As more and more loose powders become available, I'm finding Laura Mercier's cult classic obsolete. Some may swear they can tell the difference in loose, talc-based, non-silica powders but I assure you most cannot. It's a matter of whether you prefer talc, silica, or a mixture, mostly.

on 9/22/2014 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have very oily skin and this leaves a natural, matte finish, but after using it for about a week or so, I was so disappointed that it broke me out. It also contains ethylhexel palmitate, which is known to cause acne.. Switched to "It Cosmetics" Bye Bye Pores translucent setting powder which is amazing!

on 12/22/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is nothing special. Does not mattify my oily skin and does not even imperfections in the skin texture, like some powders do...Does not hide pores at all!

I think that this powder is ok for normal skin maybe...or dry skin. But not for oily skin types cause this does not do anything about the shine you already have...insted it gives some kind of "glow"... This "healthy glow" is good looking maybe only for 1 h, and turns into a oil slick in the middle of the day... Add to this that this is quite a pricy brand! No thanks.

TRY before you buy!

on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Update: I did get breakouts! I kept putting it off as hormonal but I stopped using it for a day or two and my skin improved significantly. STAY away if you're skin is acne-prone!

I was wary of this product because I bought it without realising this may cause me breakouts since it contains cornstarch.

But because of all the great reviews I decided to give it a go anyway. No regrets, this hasn't caused my face to break out! I have dry skin so maybe that could be the reason

It's a smooth powder and leaves my face shine free and looking better than with no powder.

I only ripped off some of the sticker so only a few holes are exposed, but I would prefer it if they made it more spill free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I returned this product. It contains a small amount of cornstarch, which might feed bacteria on my skin and cause blemishes. I have acne-prone skin. The texture was great & the color was good for my fair skin. I have just recently learned that I must check for cornstarch as an ingredient.