beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Shall I start by saying that I LOVE it? :) I haven't used sponges for ages. It's been all about flat kabuki brushes for the past several years for me. But now that I have tried the beautyblender I do not even touch or look at the brushes anymore. It's amazing! Honestly! Perfect air-brushed photoshopped foundation application ever. Would I buy it again? Oh, I am seriously thinking of buying a pro-bag with 100 sponges in it :) Seriously now. There are downsides as well. First of all, my EL double-wear light stains it like there is no tomorrow. Nothing can wash these stains off, even if I wash the sponge right away. Second of all, the price. Come on! I paid something like 19 euro for a sponge. SPONGE! Hello?! It won't last forever. I don't think it will even make it through the summer, especially since I am so desperately trying to keep it stain-free. I have also noticed that I am using more foundation with it than I did when I was using brushes. And the last thing - why, oh, why didn't I buy it as soon as it was released? Wasted years without this amazing product! (sorry, guys, this is the first product that has really impressed me lately!) If you are hesitating, then don't. Just go and get it.

on 7/2/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A wet beautyblender sponge is my secret weapon for building coverage quickly over problem areas. I love this thing! It's the only sponge I'll use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sponge is amazing. I can’t imagine a makeup life without it now! It’s absolutely perfect for applying foundation. It leaves your skin looking so natural, so even, so delicious! One of the surprises for me was how well it covers my dark eye circles – I dab a bit of foundation on the sponge and bounce it all over my eye area – I don’t even need to use concealer anymore! This is definitely a staple in my makeup collection now and will repurchase again! Yes, it is expensive, but I’m so glad I found it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this! Gives such a flawless finish especially when you use it damp. It's a little pricey but definitely worth it. Give it a go!

on 8/6/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to give this product five lippies... I have stopped using all my other makeup brushes (I have a LOT) and use this everyday. Despite the high price tag, this sponge IS worth it for acne prone/sensitive/dry skin. I have been fighting acne and due to acne treatments have dry/flaky/scaly patches which are almost impossible to combat. The beautyblender is the only makeup tool that does NOT pick up dry areas. For people with similar situations (managing dryness from BP or other acne products) or people with very dry skin, this sponge is a must. There are a few downsides. It is expensive - when I saw how small it was and the price tag! Hard to go ahead and actually buy it. I clean it every single time after I use it - can be inconvenient. And it gives a very natural, dewy finish. This is good for most people, but if you want full coverage you would need to apply maybe three layers or more. You can buildup coverage with this, but it takes a lot more time and effort than other methods. But to be honest, the finish is completely worth it, weighing up the negatives and positives.

on 8/20/2013 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I mean, this almost has 400 reviews so I think that already says something! I LOVE this product, it's most certainly a HG for me. I really do. I'm super acne prone and was scared this would break me out (that's why I've shied away from sponges for so long) but with proper cleaning this hasn't broken me out yet. I'm now a firm believer that the tools really affect how a product looks. So when I used to apply foundation using my hands, it used to get streaky, uneven, and weird looking, even though I really love the coverage. But since I got the Beauty Blender for my birthday, my make up looks amazing! I just dot my face with foundation (I do not recommend putting it directly on the sponge, it will soak it in too quickly, dotting the face is best), wet the sponge with hot water to kill bacteria, ring it out, and tap my whole face with the round bottom until completely covered. It actually feels quite nice on the skin too haha. I use the pointy end to get near my eyes and help conceal pimples. It blends beautifully and the look is flawless; I really spend less time doing my make up and less product as well. I'm never applying with my fingers again!

As for my cleaning trick, here's what I do: right after I apply my foundation, I take my make up removing face wash, pump a little on each ends, and let it soak in and sit there for a few hours. Then, I rinse it all out with hot water to kill the germs and get all the make up off. I'm telling you girls, letting the cleanser SOAK in is the trick! My blender is barely stained. I wash after each and every make up application and rinse it with hot water before using because of my acne. Someone mentioned cleaning with alcohol as well, I might give that a go for extra cleanliness. People complain about the price, but seriously think about it: you use this almost every day for about 6 months...that's pennies a day. I think it's totally worth it and I'll buy this as long as they keep making it!

on 8/20/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing!! This sponge is amazing. When using a brush it takes me 15-20 minutes to blend it in and patting my skin to take out those streak marks with this sponge application is less than 5 minutes. Leaves me streak free. Even application and provides medium coverage. Remember that this is a sponge and will absorb any makeup when used. My technique is to apply the foundation or concealer right on my face then use a pouncing and tap motion on the face do no sweep or rub the sponge in as the makeup will be absorbed to the sponge rather than the face. The sponge works great in itself but I definetly found dupes from Ebay and it works the same way for a much much cheaper cost I paid $3 for 2 sponges one time it all depends on the bidding system. But if I need my hands on it quickly Sephora is just around the corner and this applies foundations concealers like a charm. This is definitely a staple in my routine. Love the idea but will not be re-purchasing because of the cost $20 for a sponge is quite expensive that's the same price to a foundation or concealer in my opinion.

on 9/28/2013 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually really like my BB. It gives very sheer coverage of foundation, so it would be good to use with thicker more full coverage. I still use it with a light coverage foundation because it truly gives the look of no makeup. It makes foundation undetectable on the skin. Yes, you do use more product because of how sheer it makes foundation, but it evens out because you can still build coverage but no get cakey with multiple layers.

The best thing about it is touchups. After a 10 hour workday, I can touch up my makeup to go out somewhere and it brings it back to that nice look, without caking up over what I already have. Nothing has done that before, not even my fingers. Everything would look so dull and heavy, but not with this.

The only thing I worry about is bacteria. Hopefully cleaning it after each use will help to deter that. You could also hit it with some rubbing alcohol to disinfect. As for the price, I don't think it's ridiculous as you will use in place of a brush, which are much more expensive that $20.

I would say try it, especially with dry skin as the bouncing motion will not pick up flakes. But still, any skin type can use it. It's worh it to finally get a beautiful, soft, natural finish makeup.

on 11/25/2013 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this sponge! I use this with liquid foundation and it makes my face look airbrushed, flawless, and look like im not even wearing any foundation. Its a little pricey but definitely worth every penny. HG for sure! Way better then a foundation brush too!

on 12/8/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I dislike the fact that I like this little booger so much lol. I tried a couple of knock-offs first and liked them ok, but they don't compare to the BB. Not the ones I have tried . I think this is way overpriced though. Come on, it does't cost that much to make this sponge. It should be half as much. I will continue to look for a good dupe. I just haven't found a dupe made with the same light weight material the BB is.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools