beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I change my mind on whether I like foundation or not (half the time I find it too cakey and irritating) but I decided to give it another go just to try out this sponge and see what the fuss was about. I really love it. Previously I've used my fingers, regular sponges, and a flat brush to apply makeup, but I think this is my favourite way to apply foundation (plus it's cute). It can be used for sheer coverage, which I prefer, and I like that it lasts a long time (less waste!). It's kind of hard to find but if you live in Canada www.ebeauty.ca sells it with free shipping (I think it's some kind of promotion).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a few months now. If you're going to buy the sponge, you might as well bite the bullet and purchase the cleanser as well - that'll save you from your woes when you can't get the foundation off it. As a professional makeup artist, this is a really great tool to have. I use it when I want a flawless look for my own face - so I guess you can say that it's worth the steep price! I bought mine here in Canada online at ebeauty.ca. You can buy the sponge and cleanser together to save money. I'd definitely recommend this sponge. It's not super popular in Canada yet but I have a feeling it will be soon!

on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an expensive product but well worth it IMO. I have the two pack which is much more economical. My makeup looks flawless when I use my BB to apply. I just put a little foundtaion on the back of my hand, soak it up with the dampened BB and stipple on my face. Its quite quick and easy. I wash mine after every use but it is still stained a bit, which I honestly don't mind.

I have tried the Sonia Kashuk and Ulta knock-offs of this and I can tell a huge difference. They do not compare to the BB.

on 1/28/2012 10:18:00 PM

I love this sponge!! it is so worth the hype! I bought the beauty blender about a year ago and have been loving it since. It applies my foundation, streak-free and really quickly. And just the tiniest amount covers my face so well. I put little dots of foundation around my face and stipple it around with the beauty blender. And mind you, I own other foundation brushes- mac, sephora platinum #55, a stippling brush etc.. but I keep coming back to this one. The only thing is, if you're not religious with washing your beauty blender it can leave a foundation stain on it. But other than that, amazing sponge- well worth the money.

on 2/6/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I did not find this to be worth the price. Although I don't wear foundation, I do use liquid concealer where needed, and I thought might be a better application tool than my MAC 130. It isn't, however, so I am returning this to ebeauty.

on 2/19/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Just to start off, i had seen this product everywhere on the internet, i was a bit sceptical as it looked a bit gimici because it was pink and the shape was very cute. But i watched counteless reviews on youtube, and thought why not, just buy it and try it even though it is a bit expensive. Anyway i recieved my beauty blender and i love it!!! There is no other product like it, you cant compare any brush or any other sponge to it. It Applies Makeup so smoothly and so natrually i just love it so much!!!!!

JUST A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING THIS CUTE SPONGE. YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BEAUTY BLENDER AND DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

This is a great product, one little tip use cold water to wash with clenser not hot water ;) this will make the colour stay much longer. :)

on 3/31/2012 12:16:00 AM

This sponge is simply amazing. It literally gives the face a beautiful airbrushed finish. I have almost every brush from every brand and nothing compares to this! You have to get it!

on 4/30/2012 5:07:00 AM

The Beautyblender is amazing! I've never come across a sponge like this. I didn't really like make up sponges as for the wedge sponges because they'd soak up so many foundation. The Beautyblender is soft, easy to use and gives an amazing finish to your foundation. I use this with cream foundations, concealers and blushes and it blends everything together so nicely. I even use it wet with the Ben nye loose/translucent powders and it works like a charm! Definitely a HG product!

on 5/14/2012 11:53:00 PM

Best makeup sponge I ever used. Its a lot softer and doesnt absorb as much product as a typical makeup sponge. When its wet it is spingy and smooth which feels really nice against skin. It makes applying your liquid or cream foundation easy, It never leaves streaks, and the shape is great for different areas on the face. Takes me less time than with a brush, and I find I clean it more often than brushes because I dont have to wait for it to dry, so its more hygienic than makeup brushes for me. I also think the moisture in the sponge helps make foundation look more natural on skin, it gives a finish that I just cant get with a brush.
It is way more expensive than normal makeup sponges, however it is close to what I would spend on a foundation brushes anyways.

on 7/28/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My only comments about the Beautyblender are that it soaks up a ridiculous amount of liquid foundation. Yes, I dampen my sponge. That doesn't do anything to keep the sponge from soaking up too much foundation. It's annoying if your foundation is cheap, but if you're using an expensive foundation, it's intolerable. I find that I get better a better application when I apply the foundation to my face in wide stripes with my fingers and blend the foundation in with the Beautyblender. If I need to layer more foundation, I dab on with my fingers and blend again with the Beautyblender. I've only had good application results with liquid foundations and powder foundations. My Diorskin compact foundation looks flawless when applied with the Beautyblender. Unfortunately, I can't seem to use the Beautyblender to apply loose mineral foundation without it looking cakey and gross.

Make it a point to thoroughly wash the foundation out of your Beautyblender after each and every application, let the sponge dry, and it should last you for a good 2 months before it starts to break down. The Beautyblender cleanser is a little too watery for me. Bobbi Brown brush cleanser works the best. I don't recommend baby shampoo since it gets too foamy and you'll have to spend some time trying to get all the suds out of the sponge. Dr. Brommer's Magic soap also works well in a pinch. It's not as good as Bobbi Brown but not as foamy as baby shampoo. Don't bother wasting your money on the Beautyblender cleanser. It's nothing to write home about.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools