3.9

price range

Reviews

1.0

6 months ago

Truly Regrettable Purchase If anyone ever asks why sulfate-free shampoo is important and better for our hair and scalp, try shampooing your hair with Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo and you will know why. This shampoo is so overly sudsy that it simply will not rinse out. Big, billowy, white suds. No exaggeration - I spent over 15 minutes in an attempt to thoroughly rinse this shampoo from my hair and scalp but no matter how hard I tried, it just clings. If anyone dared to rinse + repeat they would be doomed. I need a clarifying shampoo just to rid my hair and scalp of this shampoo! Once the hair is dry the itchy scalp begins. I've never experienced anything like this. A-N-Y Shampoo is superior to this product. 99¢ Store Shampoo is better than this mess that cost $30+. "...Moisture Recovery"...? Not even close! And the Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner is pointless.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

7 months ago

This seemed like a popular item on the hair boards, so despite it not being technically color safe, I thought I would give it a go. Bottom line is ok shampoo...nothing special. I would never buy at full price. For me the biggest drawback with this shampoo is that it left my hair greasy on day two. I usually get a touch greasy by the end of day two, but I started day two greasy. It is just too heavy for my very fine hair. So between it not being color safe and using it requires me to wash my hair more, it is not my favorite shampoo at all. And FYI, when ever I try a new shampoo, all other items and processes in my routine stay the same. For me this is a 1 or 2 lippie on my fine colored hair. For those with thicker hair, I would think this would be a better fit. And while I am sure there are those that think they have fine hair and love this...it gunks up my really, really fine locks too fast.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

10 months ago

I love this joico shampoo for winter! It has a lovely smell and lathers well! I purchase mine from Walmart for around $21 for a liter!

About reviewer (57 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I have medium-thick, dry hair, that’s VERY long and this is one of my favorite conditioners. It leaves my hair silky and soft (I let it sit in my hair for like 5-7 minutes though). It’s a favorite among my family, even my dad who has similar hair (mid-back length) loves it too.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

a year ago

Despite its name, this shampoo made my hair feel drier and less smooth than what I was using previously. The scent is a generic floral that disappears quickly. It foamed up well and seemed to clean without residue, but this is a pass.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

Never use this shampoo if you have oily scap- unless you want to end up like me ???? I really loved this shampoo for the first 2 weeks. I used to have dry and damaged hair with split -ends as a results of several chemical treatments. Initially this shampoo made my hair so much softer and appeared to be less fuzzy. Yet after 1.5 months my scap started to have a thick layer of built up. I had so much dandruff although I never had dandruff before, at least not at this extent. And for the worst my hair started to fall out. I didn't notice how terrible it was this until I tied my hair up and realized that hair on the sides of my head were thinning out like they were about to go bald. Plus this shampoo also gives me more greasy and oily hair. Perhaps this shampoo is not suitable for people with oily scap. My mom has extremely damaged hair and dry scap, she loves this shampoo and at the end she was the one who recommended this product to me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Bought this for $8.99cad at Winners which is a pretty good price, there are drugstore (and high end) shampoos priced higher than don't work as well as this. This cleanses well but gently, lots of lather, doesn't seem to strip out hair dye. Scent is fine, nothing special but not offensive. Great everyday shampoo for dry, damaged hair in need of moisture at a reasonable price. Would repurchase, 4.5/5

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

4 years ago

This shampoo should be named "Tangle producer" not Moisture recovery. Ugh ! As soon as lathered it , I could instantly feel the tangles and knots. Seemed to strip out more moisture ! Sorry I won't be using it again. Good thing the matching conditioner undid the tangles. I have long , thick, wavy, color treated hair which feel very dry since I got highlights.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I used this shampoo and conditioner for about a year, and had amazing results! My hair had never felt stronger, and softer. Unfortunately I was having break outs all over my chest and upper back. I spent an entire year trying medication, and at home remedies, but nothing helped. After the YEAR of suffering from acne I decided to stop using this.. And sure enough, within days I was cured. I was always careful to wash my skin after conditioning, so I'm assuming that this leaves an irritating film behind. If anyone is having skin problems, stop using this! For those of you that don't, well I hate you. Wish I could still use it, worked wonders on my hair.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

At first, I really liked this shampoo (and the matching conditioner). But after a while, I experienced some major build up in my hair and was wondering, why all of a sudden my hair was changing for the worse, looked dull like never before. I used a cleansing shampoo and went back to my regular shampoo (Matrix Biolage Age Rejuvenating line) which blows this one away by far. My hair is back to its shiny self again.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age36-43