4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

If you are ever looking for the Chelating Shampoo, it has been renamed K-Pak Clarifying Shampoo. I was pretty set on the Chelating shampoo as I live in an area with hard water, like mineral deposits on my faucets and in my coffee make hard. Needless to say, hard water does a number on your hair. I have pretty typical 2b hair, fine, flat on the top with a slight wave down the ends and prone to dryness. The reason I had to make sure this was formerly the Chelating Shampoo is that clarifying shampoos aren't your friend if you have dry hair. Lately I had noticed my hair was looking particularly limp at the ends one day after shampooing, if I didn't have dry hair it would only be an afterthought, but I had day one hair that where the ends were so dry I'd get static when brushing, and day two my hair was limper than a wet noodle. I wet my hair thoroughly, applied a good amount of shampoo to my palm and lathered up. Waited about two minutes, rinsed well and followed with Joicos Intense Hydrator. I didn't find the shampoo to be overly drying, which was my main concern. Using clarifying shampoos in the pest meant spending 15-20 minutes brushing out tangles from my hair. This left my hair more manageable, but does need to be followed up with a good conditioner. This is a must if you live in an area with hard water.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Today my 3rd time using it. I’m using the clarifying version as i can’t find the old version of chelating shampoo. First time didn’t make much of an impression, I used it like I normally shampoo and with apple cider vinegar rinse and hair serum. Result wasn’t good, still frizz city. 2nd time I left it on about 3 mins like the instruction and used it with a deep conditioner and serum, still got frizz, my hair felt squeaky clean like when you use a foaming cleanser on your face. Hair felt clean for 3 days like usual. This 3rd time I left it on longer for 5 mins, with deep conditioner and more serum. Hair was less frizzy and felt very soft. However more hair fall in the shower noted with deep conditioner compared when I just do apple cider vinegar rinse. No colour fading - I have a permanent hair colour. We’ll see how long the cleanliness feeling going to last this time. One of the reasons I wanted to use this is to remove build up so that my hair will feel cleaner a lot longer like when I have my hair wash in the salon.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I LOVE this product. I have super hard water and this has been a game changer for me. I use it about ever 10-15 washes or when I feel the buildup in my hair and it starts to feel limp and kind of heavy. I have very fine low porosity hair and our hard water does not play nice with it at all. When I was still using sulfates I used it a bit more often, I find a need it a little less now I've gone sulfate and silicone free. It's pricier than I would normally spend but considering that a bottle lasts me quite a long time I've found it to actually be a great value for what you get, it's worth the sticker shock. Oh and it smells absolutely amazing! I wish my normal shampoo and conditioner smelled like this, it's divine.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This stuff is a game changer if you have hard water and no filter on your shower head. I use it once a month or so, lather it up well and leave it on for a few minutes. I use a hair masque after because it does tend to dry my hair out a bit, although not intolerably so.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This has been renamed k pak clarifying shampoo. I've been living with very hard water for the past year - buildup of minerals has made my hair dull snd "doughy" - like a limp, heavy coated mass. Used this shampoo for the first time & it feels like silk,, & is shiny, with color vibrance. Thank goodness!!! Will keep using this and update in future. It's an excellent start. I say it's totally worth trying!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

It doesn't dry out my hair like the other clarifying shampoos do, my hair is sleek and soft after using. However, I noticed that my hair tends to get oily more quicker when I'm using this shampoo, therefore I'm using it every other 2 or 3 weeks, not every week. I don't like the smell that much, but I don't mind i. I would repurchase.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

1.0

4 years ago

Caution: Bought this without a second thought after reading MUA's raving reviews. I wish I didn't. Yes, it does what it says. Yes, it leaves your hear like straw.. but that's the purpose of a clarifying shampoo. But it made my scalp itch like mad. Tried it a few times to be sure it's Joico and ended up with a heavy allergic reaction. So this stuff works for A LOT of people - just be cautious when you're like me. I also get massive bumps and itches from Redken.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

4 years ago

I got this to use before my usual shampoo a couple times a week since I tend to have an oily scalp. It works amazingly, removing the excess oil along with all of the build up of silicone, hard water, etc. I start with a clean slate everytime I use it, and it does all that without drying your hair!! It also smells amazing. I would definetely recommend this to everyone. It's easily the best clarifying shampoo I have ever used. It is a little pricey for the size (16 USD for 10.1 Oz,) but it lasts forever so it's worth it in the end.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

Love it, clarifies without drying . Hair is left so soft.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

I used this on my hair for a few minutes, rinsed and applied Joico K Pak, then I used a silicone-free conditioner (Terax Crema) and my hair felt beautiful and looked SHINY after I air dried it (no styling products applied). My hair almost never friggin' looks shiny. Formerly, my favorite clarifying and chelating shampoo was Redken Cleansing Cream, but this is a close second! Very impressed. Will definitely buy again.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age19-24