Joico K-PAK Chelating Shampoo

Joico K-PAK Chelating Shampoo

(as of 2014): Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocambopropyl Betaine, Stearic Acid, hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Laurdimonium Hodroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed oil, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate, Hydroxyethycellulose, Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/c10-30 Alkyl PEG-20 Itaconate Copolymer, Pentasodium Pentetate, Benzophenone-4, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance/Parfum.

I LOVE this product. I have super hard water and this has been a game changer for me. I use it about ever 10-15 washes or when I feel the buildup in my hair and it starts to feel limp and kind of heavy. I have very fine low porosity hair and our hard water does not play nice with it at all. When I was still using sulfates I used it a bit more often, I find a need it a little less now I've gone sulfate and silicone free. It's pricier than I would normally spend but considering that a bottle lasts me quite a long time I've found it to actually be a great value for what you get, it's worth the sticker shock.

Oh and it smells absolutely amazing! I wish my normal shampoo and conditioner smelled like this, it's divine.

on 5/25/2016 11:26:00 PM

This stuff is a game changer if you have hard water and no filter on your shower head. I use it once a month or so, lather it up well and leave it on for a few minutes. I use a hair masque after because it does tend to dry my hair out a bit, although not intolerably so.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has been renamed k pak clarifying shampoo.
I've been living with very hard water for the past year - buildup of minerals has made my hair dull snd "doughy" - like a limp, heavy coated mass. Used this shampoo for the first time & it feels like
silk,, & is shiny, with color vibrance. Thank goodness!!! Will keep using this and update in future. It's an excellent start. I say it's totally worth trying!

on 3/14/2016 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It doesn't dry out my hair like the other clarifying shampoos do, my hair is sleek and soft after using. However, I noticed that my hair tends to get oily more quicker when I'm using this shampoo, therefore I'm using it every other 2 or 3 weeks, not every week. I don't like the smell that much, but I don't mind i. I would repurchase.

on 12/15/2015 5:16:00 AM

Caution: Bought this without a second thought after reading MUA's raving reviews. I wish I didn't.
Yes, it does what it says. Yes, it leaves your hear like straw.. but that's the purpose of a clarifying shampoo. But it made my scalp itch like mad. Tried it a few times to be sure it's Joico and ended up with a heavy allergic reaction.
So this stuff works for A LOT of people - just be cautious when you're like me. I also get massive bumps and itches from Redken.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this to use before my usual shampoo a couple times a week since I tend to have an oily scalp. It works amazingly, removing the excess oil along with all of the build up of silicone, hard water, etc. I start with a clean slate everytime I use it, and it does all that without drying your hair!! It also smells amazing. I would definetely recommend this to everyone. It's easily the best clarifying shampoo I have ever used. It is a little pricey for the size (16 USD for 10.1 Oz,) but it lasts forever so it's worth it in the end.

on 8/9/2015 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it, clarifies without drying . Hair is left so soft.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I used this on my hair for a few minutes, rinsed and applied Joico K Pak, then I used a silicone-free conditioner (Terax Crema) and my hair felt beautiful and looked SHINY after I air dried it (no styling products applied). My hair almost never friggin' looks shiny. Formerly, my favorite clarifying and chelating shampoo was Redken Cleansing Cream, but this is a close second! Very impressed. Will definitely buy again.

* This product has had a name change from chelating shampoo to clarifying shampoo*

Love this gentle but effective clarifying shampoo. Creamy, foamed well, smelt heavenly, and my hair felt nice after I rinsed, not like it had been stripped the way some clarifying shampoos make you hair feel. I always follow up with a protein/deep moisturizing treatment when I use this once a week. A good clarifying shampoo is a must have if you use a multitude of styling products on your hair like I do.
One thing I don't like is the design of Joico shampoo and conditioner bottles. They are too brittle, the flip up lid snapped off on the first use of this shampoo bottle, which was annoying. I would be cautious traveling with these, definitely decant first!

This is the best clarifying/chelating shampoo ever! I completely changed my haircare routine, so I don't know if this product is the only one that makes my hair so soft and healthy, but it seems to help a lot ! I have very damaged hair, and this product meets my expectations. I use this in conjunction with the the cuticle sealer and the revitaluxe bio-advanced restorative hair treatment and the restorative styling oil from the same brand.